Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HvyFuel

Prohibitionist Myths Debunked

54 posts in this topic

Nice, I wonder what the newspapers will have to say about that. If the ones you've sent it to don't publish it I'll be disappointed in them. Good work mate. :headpain:

If you were to compare countries with minimal use of cannabis against countries with high use, you would find the same rates of schizophrenia, and related serious mental illness. If you compared the legal structures of countries and the severity with which they treat cannabis users, you would find the same rates of schizophrenia, and related mental illness.

For there to be any validity in the claim that cannabis causes serious mental illness there would have to be a rise in the rate of those illnesses when there is a rise in the use of cannabis. It cannot be any other way, it is indisputable. Cannabis does not cause serious mental illness.

Good letter hvy and good work on putting the effort in to do that.

The only thing i think is missing is proof that those things you state above are the case. They might just look at it and think you're making it up.

Spot on mate! :stoned: Have to say, the wife's schizophrenic and cannabis does affect her... but then again, so does a full packet of M&Ms. :rofl:

I'd seen it mentioned quite some time ago in a US article soto, when it was repeated I went and looked myself. As with all areas of psychiatry, it's almost impossible to give an absolute figure for rates of schizophrenia, but those who understand the subject, not me btw, agree that the international rate has remained unchanged. A good layman's explanation can be found on the University of Nottingham site.

PS. I'm happy for anyone to use anything I publish through the CA as long as it's sourced.

:(

Edited by HvyFuel

Excellent piece Hvy - clear and succinct :(

Nice one Hvy, thanks for your time and research in that.

It's always good to have some solid research & facts backing you up when you go into an argument with someone over canna prohibition. Up until now I didn't have anything to fire back when folk suggest cannabis may induce phychosis.

Thanks Hvy.

nice one hvy ;)

Just noticed this article in WW 71, well done Hvy. :yep:

Hope they sorted you out mate, there was sod all else of worth in it this month..

Joolz mentioned they'd published it. Not seen it yet.

Ow why did they have to lock you up hvyfuel... :spliff:

Here's a bit of a smoking gun from the Drug War Factbook:

post-37273-1229002429_thumb.jpg

hxxp://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/

found on wiki. Anyone know if it's accurate?

post-33371-1229384565_thumb.png

Nicely done... the amount of BS being reported about Cannabis in the mainstream media really gets my goat.

Cambium. I think that chart was from a Horizon documentary called "the top 20 dangerous drugs"

As you can imagine Cannabis came in well below Alcohol and Tobacco. I think it is as accurate as a chart so basic can get.

Though I'm fairly sure solvents are way more dangerous than things like Ketamine, so I dunno.

Edited by audioaddict

Ow why did they have to lock you up hvyfuel... :headpain:

Shit! I had no idea he'd been busted. Anyone know when he's due out?

HES BACK MATE :headpain:

ooops sorry for shoutin