Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

I have a leaf spot fungi infection on my NL Fem.

I live in asia and its pretty humid. I have biobizz leafcoat...will this make a difference?

its all attacking the leaves and not the buds now....will it reach the buds?

hello mate, im in teh same situation as you , im nearley 8 weeks in and ive advanced lsf on two of my plants, ive found the spots do go up onto the leaflets on the buds, but they stop where the trichormes start

search through my posts mate as ive been suffering with this for a while

also any news on the ozone DDB

• 1 month later...
Also we have found some plant strains are more resistant to it than others.

Defo. Even varies from phenotype to phenotype...

What I would like to know is once a plant is infected is the fungus then spread round the plant internally ???

Yep, once it gets severe it goes systemic.

You need to cut back all affected growth (allllllllllll affected growth) and use citrofresh.

If it's systemic, I'd probably start again, but I won't go near that copper shite...

hi all, ive been reading this post scince last week, but thought i would wait to post (till i had tried something out)

i was very intrested in the garlic remedy, si i set about making a garlic spray, grated 2 cloves into a jar with a bit of warm water, shook it for 30 mins, let it sit for 30 mins, then diluted it, then sprayed, been using it about 4 - 5 days now, on most of the plants its done real good, still a few spots, but mainly on the plant i have in flower, the rest are looking alot better :fuckyou:

good old garlic

is does effing reek though!

Edited by boaby_phet

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

So many threads in which I could have posted this.... but I thought that this was one of the most comprehensive.

Just for info, I have been looking up the fungicidal properties of garlic on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allicin). Seems its all down to a compound called allicin.

Wikipedia had this to say:

Allicin is a powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal compound obtained from garlic. Allicin is also the chemical constituent primarily responsible for the hot, burning flavor of fresh garlic.

Allicin is not present in garlic in its natural state. When garlic is chopped or otherwise damaged, the enzyme alliinase acts on the chemical alliin converting it into allicin. Allicin is an amino acid that does not build proteins.

Allicin is not a very stable compound. It degrades slowly upon standing and is rapidly destroyed by cooking. Allicin can be used for some medicinal purposes: it helps fighting arteriosclerosis, it has the ability to dissolve fats and it can also be used as an antioxidant to some extent.

I thought this was interesting because some of the recipes for garlic spray call for boiling in water, but this article gives the impression that doing that could reduce the effectiveness of your spray. *Maybe* instead, it would be better to just grate the garlic (better still, shred it in a blender to fully 'bruise' it, as it says above) and then soak for a wee while before spraying.

I have not tried this and cannot prove anything either way. Just thought you'd like to know :smug:

• 2 weeks later...

On my forth grow with this fungal menace now, I can't tell you how much I wish someone would find some permanent solution, I'm pretty much resigned now to the routine of spraying with fungus fighter every two weeks until flowering then fingers crossed that it doesn't decimate the crop. I have been using the same mums though (which will never give me a fungus free clone) so I suppose it's a case of waiting till I finish a crop then going mad with bleach, smoke bombs, the bloody lot, then starting from seed again... thing is I don't know if I can be bothered with all that if it's just going to float in from outside and re-infect everything again...Christ, if we can invent various chemical weapons that can kill army's then surely some white coat could invent something that kills fungus......dead.

Edited by prawn

Or you could try a biological agent that will consume the fungi ? If you already have conditions that a fungi will thrive in why not introduce another fungi that will predate and consume pathogenic fungi ?

Felix.

May be possible to clean a mother with a systemic fungicide and then treat with Trichoderma to mop up anything on the surface of the leaves and stems. The initial wave of Trichoderma would probably be killed by the systemic fungicide but they could be continuously re-applied and would gradually reestablish as the levels of fungicide dropped within the plant. Clones could then be taken and used as new mothers free from the fungicide or maybe after several months the original mum would be free from chemicals.

As the systemic fungicide is internal and the Trichoderma external the Trichoderma may not be affected once it has been absorbed into the plants tissues but would be devastated by the initial spray I would have thought.

Did see a post about VAM's and systemic fungicides somewhere.

May be possible to clean a mother with a systemic fungicide and then treat with Trichoderma to mop up anything on the surface of the leaves and stems. The initial wave of Trichoderma would probably be killed by the systemic fungicide but they could be continuously re-applied and would gradually reestablish as the levels of fungicide dropped within the plant. Clones could then be taken and used as new mothers free from the fungicide or maybe after several months the original mum would be free from chemicals.

As the systemic fungicide is internal and the Trichoderma external the Trichoderma may not be affected once it has been absorbed into the plants tissues but would be devastated by the initial spray I would have thought.

Did see a post about VAM's and systemic fungicides somewhere.

Now that sounds like a plan, nice one felix... I've been using a systemic for a while now (scotts) but have to do it every 2 / 3 weeks to keep em totally free in veg, but then after 4 weeks in flower it's back and I can't do bugger-all (chemicaly anyway) ... they finish without problem just a few manky leaves, thing is I could be getting a better yield as the plants are always ill :yep:

I'm happy enough with the yields I'm getting (nearly a gram a watt) but would like to see y'know?

anyway, I'll play around with this Trichoderma stuff and see what happens :yinyang:

I'm going to try out some Pirhana (Trichoderma & Mychorizal <sp?) as a leaf drench to see if I can get rid of the lsf that has infected 2 plants in my room. Any idea on how many applications needed? Daily, every 2 days?

Thanks...

has anyone had success using Biosept during flowering to contain this problem?

i found a single SensiStar i have flowering for the first time, developed this problem and it seemed to appear on all its leaves in 48 hours. i binned it. other plants in the tent look fine so far, they are various SuperSilverHaze, MangoHaze and G13diesel and Gonzo. the G13diesel has very thick dark green leaves and so far looks tough as old boots! they all got a treatment of Biosept today before lights out.

i have increased air circulation with a couple more fans and the next job is to begin treating the mothers.

i notice round my area a lot of trees are showing signs of a fungal infection on their leaves as they begin to become autumnal.