Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

have a look at THIS fatfreddy m8 :rofl:

i used citro then 2 days later the FUNGI was everywere man :(

i'v started useing copper,wich is holding it back even better man,citro was doing NOTHING m8(well working for 2 day's)but its took over a week to get 1 fungi leaf spot back after useing copper :)

take care m8 :rofl:

bio-cept,6 quid out ma growshop,well worth it,not saying that it will work for everyone that has this feckin fungi,but it worked for me :wassnnme:

not arguing, but i spent £14 on the biosept concentrate to treat far more times than one sprayer... hasnt done me much good, the LSF is ripping my grow to bits :guitar:

Im loather to buy citrofresh, as Ive heard as many ppl say its useless crap as have said its any use

:yinyang:

SS

I think if you have fungus bad citro isn't going to do anything perhaps it will slow it a little. It is good for catching it when it first appears from my experience. The fungus is inside the plants and every two weeks or whatever it seems to re-explode.

:wassnnme:

from another LSF horror story/post:

hi SS,

have you tried citrofresh? spray direct onto the leaves and watch your plants get better :smug:

i have just treated mine and they have gone from 'last legs & losing the battle' to 'fine and dandy' in no time at all B)

i know it doesn't work on every type of fungal infection but it seems to be killer against leaf spot

:rofl:

citrofresh or not citrofresh, that is the question :smoke:

I think if you have fungus bad citro isn't going to do anything perhaps it will slow it a little. It is good for catching it when it first appears from my experience. The fungus is inside the plants and every two weeks or whatever it seems to re-explode.

:spliff:

lol

• 3 weeks later...

The answer is: NOT CITROFRESH! well not for me anyway

Update to my problem, I been cleaning down the room regularly and removing damaged leaves as and when. Heaters bought to control temp and humidity better.

Its having some positive effect in flower room on the rate of reinfection, but its by no means gone and I'm getting tired of all the obsessive cleaning :headpain:

In the veg room/nursery I have been using Copper F at 3g/L every 2 weeks, its really helping alon side temp and rh control with heater. However in a bid to achieve the same preventative control with non toxic ingredients I used citrofresh, and may have restarted the whole thing off again :(

Whatever is eating my babies thrives on both biosept hydroshite AND shitrofresh BEWARE! you could be wasting ££'s on completely useless snake oil crap, when £3 of copper fungicide will really help.

And get a decent heater(s) imo if ur spending under £30 (depending on jan offers) ur gonna get nothing but problems. For £30 you can get a good quality programmable thremostatic fan heater, with accurate digi thermometer makes life so much easier.

P.S. Perhaps Citrofresh/Biosept products have a preventative effect (perhaps so do prayers and classic FM :rofl: ) but if you have a fungal problem, these products WILL NOT HELP imo, you need more decisive action and a more powerful 'weapon'.

Vive la Resistance !

:v:

SS

Edited by SeNsI-SaMuRaI

I have nearly eliminated the problem with good ventilation, a strong desktop fan blowing on the plants AND washing every flat surface including the floor twice a week with a CLOTH SOAKED IN NEAT THICK BLEACH.

Its working for me with any suspect leaf being removed asap.

No other expensive chemicals required.

Regards. :headpain:

(similar to T1NEO's method)

• 1 month later...

Hi All.

I have read a lot of posts about people struggling with fungus in the growroom.

I havent had any bad fungus this grow.

I gave my plants a protective foliar spray with trichoderma yesterday to help the arial parts of my plants. ;)

Im using Piranha powder (got a small bag cheapish), but any trichoderma should do the same.

It states that it is;

"effective foliar spray against fungi that attack plant foliage. (Ie Pythium spp, Rhizoctania solani, Fusarium spp, Botrytis cinerea (bud-rot) Sclerotium rolfsii, and Sclerotinia homoeocarpa)".

Just thought I would post as It might be of help to peeps with fungal probs.

Peace y'all

lsl

lol

Citrofresh is organic at least, unlike copper.

The trichoderma foliar and a clean room is the only way I know to fight it.

Edited by Leprechan Sweet Leaf

You can also use an ozone generator to kill the air borne spores, this will be my next line of defense as it keeps coming back.

If you are going to use any fungicide on Young plants / seedlings then I would use it at half strength to start with

cheers

DDB

• 4 weeks later...

any more on ozone generators as thats something i have access to and im suffering with what i think is amassive fungal problem at the moment ;)

Hi mate.

We bought an ozone gen that would give us a 0.1ppm concentration as this is whats needed to kill air borne

spores, (£300) this is a quite high rate, the recommended exposure is 0.02ppm so you have to take certain precautions, its also important to get the concentration worked out correctly as if its to high it can stunt plant growth, its calculated to take into account the extraction in the room so any change in that has to be allowed for as well, IE: less extraction at lights off. the machine is whats called a corona discharge type, they are better than the UV type and last longer, the machine will also totally disinfect the room if run for 3 hours with no extraction on, but plants will have to be removed, IE at the end of a grow.

We already had leaf spot so until we start a new grow ( approx 10 weeks) we can't say if this had cured the problem but I bloody hope so as we have really suffered with it and it effects the plant growth and yield badly :wassnnme:

we have also been using systhane fungus fighter this helps but is not a cure even if used before the problem starts,

we know the fungus is air borne and varies from area to area as a mate 5 miles away from me has very little, to no problems, our room is 12x8x7 has two 8" rvk's extracting and two 6" pumping air in plus a lot of passive intakes, 4 box fans to circulate air as well so thats not the problem, its also throughly cleaned and then disinfected each grow with a sulfur candle.

You can help by putting carbon filter material or something with hepa filtering levels on all air intakes ( cooker hood stuff works) but this has to be kept clean so the air flow is not restricted.

Also we have found some plant strains are more resistant to it than others.

What I would like to know is once a plant is infected is the fungus then spread round the plant internally ???

HTH

DDB