Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

I had the leaf spot fungus on my first grow - it weirdly only affected one plant out of 3 (all the same strain too!) but I found that I had to hack off the affected leaves and increase my air flow... It never really seemed to do any real harm except they plant looked a bit shit - still in the end it gave the most "shitting bricks on the sofa" :ninja: high I`d ever experienced - powerful stuff :D

Yesterday I decided to use a garlic spray on my plants. I very finely chopped one clove of garlic and added it to about 250mls of water, brought it to the boil. I strained the water so there was no garlic left in the water. Waited for it to cool and sprayed my plants just before lights out. Don't know how it'll affect the mould spot yet but plants looked well perky today.

There's a shampoo you can buy called 'Nizoral' - it's for cases of dandruff that are caused by a fungal infection, and are resistant to other forms of treatment. The active ingredient is Ketoconazole.

I'm wondering whether this may be any good for combatting leaf fungal infections - the soap element in the shampoo should act as a wetting agent, and I know that it's really concentrated stuff - you only have to put a little dot of it in your palm and it lathers up into a great big mass of lather.

I must try it on an isolated affected plant leaf, and see if it works without harming the plant. I would imagine that it would be a good idea to mist the sprayed leaves down with just water the day afterwards, or so, to get rid of the soap left behind, but it'd be an absolute revelation if it worked as well as it does for dandruff. lol

wouldnt it just Scribble :yinyang: let us know how it goes m8 ;)

There's a shampoo you can buy called 'Nizoral' - it's for cases of dandruff that are caused by a fungal infection, and are resistant to other forms of treatment. The active ingredient is Ketoconazole.

are you a chemist or science teacher or summit lol

take care dude ;)

it seems this fungi problem just keeps coming back, i had it on my nl plants only i couldnt source copper fungicide so i used fungus fighter and it did stop it but the clones i have taken have developed the same problem its strange because the 2 other strains i have in my veg room dont get affected ....l NiN i feel for ya man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey thanks rookie man,my problem is unbelivable :ninja: everthing been cleaned & cleaned again ,i mean 3 growrooms man with 10%bleech & then citrofresh and not forgetting jeys outdoor gardencleaner :eek:

seemed the citrofresh made it worse :yahoo: sum people would say i talk shite ;) but i took all infected leaf off sprayed with citrofresh 10 days later it was everywere man ;) .........

just took all leaf off again & saturated with citrofresh,will update in me thread ;)MY FUNGI& HERE!

hope sum 1 crackes this fungi b4 it cracks me :yinyang::rockon::santa::D

take care m8 ;)

just gunna echo altitude's Q's

Has anyone got any updated info on garlic sprays? Do they work?

Whats the preparation technique?

Thanks!

Edited by L NIN

The fungus seems to be in the air, so it's difficult to get rid off permanently - I'm having ongoing battles with it, but seem to have it in remission now :yinyang: Watch the fecker come back with a vengeance tho!!!

yes church its everywere init m8, :D

so ya fighting it yaself m8 eh! :rockon:

will we all end up with it :yinyang:

Watch the fecker come back with a vengeance tho!!!
:santa::yahoo::ninja:

hope not dude :eek:

take care m8 ;)

i must say that citrofresh seemed to make my already infected plants worse,wether its better as a preventive measure or not i dont know.

two treatments of murphys copper fungicide and removing all infected parts has really done the trick on my baddly infected plants

hey thanks rookie man,my problem is unbelivable :blub: everthing been cleaned & cleaned again ,i mean 3 growrooms man with 10%bleech & then citrofresh and not forgetting jeys outdoor gardencleaner :blub:

seemed the citrofresh made it worse lol sum people would say i talk shite :nea: but i took all infected leaf off sprayed with citrofresh 10 days later it was everywere man :soap: .........

just took all leaf off again & saturated with citrofresh,will update in me thread ;)MY FUNGI& HERE!

hope sum 1 crackes this fungi b4 it cracks me :guitar::shock::chef::blub:

take care m8 ;)

just gunna echo altitude's Q's

i have never used citro fresh as i cant source it over here but i use fungus fighter, and man it worked for me, my plants developed fungi while at seedling stage and for at least 3 weeks i thought they were going to die but those plants are now about 12-14 days from harvest and the only problem they have is a slight N def which is a real fecker to sort out but all im tryin to say is that it is possible to stop this shit or a least slow it down enough to finish your job good luck

THESE SEESLINGS WERE SPRAYED WITH CITROFRESH 5 DAYS AGO,protected fuck all,prob made it worse,this must be a fungi resistent to citro

L NIN

JUST MY 2p WORTH

thanks for ya kind words rookie m8,citro's not working m8 :headpain:

nice 1 dude,gunna try fungas fughter now man :headpain:

take care my freind :headpain:

post-13425-1166909073_thumb.jpg

post-13425-1166909094_thumb.jpg

give it a try mate it sure helped mine but who knows when it may return and totally unsettle my life again,hope ya get it sorted mate :headpain: