Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

i am trying to get rid of said fungi take a look at this beut .

this shit is all over my 30 plants cuttings/6weeks vegy/and 4 weeks flowering .

i am working with dithane 945 in spray form,nasty stuff dont fecking breath to close to it and fingies crossed and rigorous spraying every week,(second spray now) it shopuld work but in my shopping list is citrofresh and biolife and maybee even a large tub of neem,just to make sure.

post-16359-1161715852_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can someone give more guidance on the treatment required for veg and flower please? Am I right that copper fungicide should not be used in flower?

Can someone give more guidance on the treatment required for veg and flower please? Am I right that copper fungicide should not be used in flower?

You shouldn't be spraying anything onto your plants after the first couple of weeks or so into flower, specially not copper fungicide. You don't wanna be smokin' that.

So how can it be treated?? if it can be treated at all when well in to flower??

whats the best way to harm minimisation of this situation?

RH

you might just have to pick all infected leaves off and try to put maybee bigger fans in to keep air a bit fresher,maybee a bigger or another ocsolating fan :ninja: can you use citrofresh in flower :soap:

might not make a diffrence,but its worth thinking about init :rofl:

gud luk m8y :rofl:

the product pictured is fungus fighter which is systemic... but if it's being used early on in the grow stage it should have all worked it's way out of the plant by harvest - I'd think - anyone else's thoughts?

Dithane is another leaf-coating type anti-fungal only effective against new spores that land

the product pictured is fungus fighter which is systemic... but if it's being used early on in the grow stage it should have all worked it's way out of the plant by harvest - I'd think - anyone else's thoughts?

I would have thought so - systhane's what the Royal Horticultural Society advise to use on apples and pears. It's also recommended for use on strawberries, and apparently it's biodegradeable. ;)

Edited by Scribb|e

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Would anyone here happen to know of a product like Citrofresh? Im stuck in Canada and they dont ship that stuff over? if there is no other product like it, can you put the chemical label, maybe by seeing that i can identify something that would also work!

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of treating my plants with garlic (spray) to try and treat a leaf spot fungus which keeps returning! My question is do I crush some Garlic cloves into some warm water shake and spray onto the leaves? ...........would this be effective?

Any suggestions!

cheers the noo

Hughie

alright hughie :smoke:

i have heard aobut garlic beign used to treat fungal infections too ( i read about it in indoor marijuana horticulture) but it doesnt tell you howw to use it, i would presume its the way you said just crush them up into some water and let it sit for a good while then spay the plants with it,

however i would ask yourself why does the fungal infection keep returning?

try to wash down all the surfaces of the grow room with a 5% bleach solution, make sure your fan is pointed on the plants to make it hard for the spores to settle on the leaves,

T1

Hughie,

i agree with your theory of the garlic, ive been using it for the past month and it works fenomenaly, no infections, do not use a whole clove, way too strong, remember if you spray your plants with garlic enough, they will taste and smell like garlic, a clove of garlic has about 10-20 little pieces in it, take one of those to a cheese grater or a zester, and get it into a mush, only use 1 little section, put it in with hot water and mash it around so you get all the juice and stuff out, let the mixture cool down and put it in a water bottle, i had a 500 ml sprayer so i use aout 1 little piece of garlic,(one section in the clove). You have the right idea, its a lt better to treat these diseases with organic solutions rather than dumping on chemicals, everything you spray on the weed will alter it in the end!

alright hughie :starwars:

i have heard aobut garlic beign used to treat fungal infections too ( i read about it in indoor marijuana horticulture) but it doesnt tell you howw to use it, i would presume its the way you said just crush them up into some water and let it sit for a good while then spay the plants with it,

however i would ask yourself why does the fungal infection keep returning?

try to wash down all the surfaces of the grow room with a 5% bleach solution, make sure your fan is pointed on the plants to make it hard for the spores to settle on the leaves,

T1

here you go

Garlic Oil Sprays

Garlic (Allium sativum) has long been known to have uses in pest control for it repellent effects. Garlics primary use is in flavoring foods. Used as a pesticide garlic has a non-toxic mode of action. Garlic is not persistant in the environment since it degrades rapidly, and has had no adverse effects on humans. Formulated as a powder, ditilled extract from garlic cloves, or as an oil spray, garlic may be useful for pest control in some situations, however it should not be used as a general use pesticide, since it may have adverse effects on beneficial insects.

Garlic oil exhibits antibacterial, antifungal, amebicidal and insecticidal qualities. Although garlic oils kill pest insects and some pathogens, it also kills beneficial insects and microbes. Thus, it is not recommend as an all-purpose spray for outdoor use.

Organic gardeners have long been familiar with the repellent or toxic affect of garlic oil on pests. When it is combined with mineral oil and pure castille soap as devised at the Henry Doubleday Research Association in England, it becomes an effective insecticide. Some studies also suggest that a garlic oil spray has fungicidal properties.

Protection Offered: Will control many soft bodied insects, including aphids and whiteflies.

How to Make: Soak 3 ounces of finely minced garlic cloves in 2 teaspoons of mineral oil, canola oil, neem oil, or soybean oil for at least 24 hours. Slowly add 1 pint of water that has 1/4 ounce of pure castille soap mixed into it. Stir thoroughly and strain into a glass jar for storage. Use at a rate of 1 to 2 Tbsp. of mixture to a pint of water. If this is effective, try a more dilute solution in order to use as little as possible.

How to Use: Spray plants carefully to ensure thorough coverage. To check for possible leaf damage to sensitive ornamentals from the oil and soap in the spray, do a test spray on a few leaves or plants first. If no leaf damage occurs in 2 or 3 days, go ahead and spray more.

Garlic Oil Fungicide Spray: For leaf spot and mildews

To make: Combine 3 ounces of minced garlic cloves with 1 ounce of mineral oil, neem oil, or jojoba oil. Let soak for 24 hours or longer. Strain. Add 1 tablespoon of castille soap to this.

Kept in a sealed glass container this mixture will stay viable for several months.

To use: Mix 2 tablespoons of garlic oil with 1 pint of water and spray.

Spraying Basics:

1. It is best to use any type of spray in the early morning or the cool of evening. Do not spray when temps are above 80 degrees Fahrenheit! Your plants may "burn" or have a reaction to what you are using in excessive heat. This is known as "phytotoxicity."

2. Always perform a test on a small portion of the plant material first. Wait 24 hours to observe any negative reaction. Proceed if there is no damage.

3. More is not better. If you are not getting good results don't increase the strength of these remedies without testing first.

4. Target just the area you need to treat. Be careful... try not to harm the good guys! You don't want to run off your allies.

5. When working with sprays or dusts always protect your exposed skin and face. Some of these ingredients can be very irritating to your skin, eyes and mucous membranes, especially any hot pepper sprays.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

:headpain:

• Like 1

Cheers T1Neo, Bubs and Cheechs left armpit. I think i will keep it simple for the moment and just do a warm water/garlic spray and see how it goes!.

Thanks for your replies

Hughie

Fungus Off semmed to do the trick for my mild case...not surprised for the bloody price either :smoke:

...increase ventilation dewd will help you out

Edited by adddw