Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

On 1/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, Artificial Emotion said:

You can't cure LSF with ozone, you can only prevent it. The cheap ozone generators are fine to use. 

Have you ever had LSF return since using ozone proactively? Or felt the need to brew up some Essence?

And how do you apply the ozone? Turn it on manually each day? It seems thats the only way I can use my generator.

Guest Buckfacked

Effing LSF. 

A month into flower on my Gold and what did I see on the lowest leaves (since I didn't chop the lower growth off)? You got it.

Out came the snippers, lowest 6" chopped back to the stem. I think I've dodged one there since there was only the occasional spot here and there, worst was 3 spots on one leaf, and this morning only one more small fan leaf needed removed after seeing one super tiny spot that was so small it was damn near invisible. Hoping I've gotten it without using fungicides since she's in flower, time will tell.

Let's just say that there's now a fan hanging from a shelf blowing a bit more air around, thought I would get away with just the air movement from the fan heater in the room but that obviously doesn't run continuously, my mistake, nobody else to blame, so live and learn and don't make the same mistake again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2018 at 3:57 PM, dingo bingo said:

Have you ever had LSF return since using ozone proactively? Or felt the need to brew up some Essence?

And how do you apply the ozone? Turn it on manually each day? It seems thats the only way I can use my generator.

LSF did reoccur last grow but I'm planning on upping the dose of ozone next time round because it does work. 

I put my ozone generator on a timer to avoid inhaling any ozone - 10 mins on per day. You might want to try half an hour each day. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, Buckfacked said:

Hoping I've gotten it without using fungicides since she's in flower, time will tell.

Use Essence dude, it is safe to use in flower.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, Buckfacked said:

Let's just say that there's now a fan hanging from a shelf blowing a bit more air around, thought I would get away with just the air movement from the fan heater in the room but that obviously doesn't run continuously

Hope you have extraction running 100% of the time though... Extract to a space outside your room that is a different place to your intake. Great extraction is the best way to combat LSF.

• Like 1

Guest Buckfacked

There's no worries, it's gone, as soon as I saw a couple of spots on one leaf (I recognise that shit from growing things like tomatoes) the scissors came out and I massacred the lower leaves, cut them right back even if there were no signs of anything. After that, kept an eye open and the first sign of anything on another leaf meant "snip". Scraped off the top few mil of compost too, just to remove anything that might spread from there. Actually ended up cutting a couple of leaves off unnecessarily, but she's clear now.

Otherwise it would have been down to a nearby garden centre and some "bio" fungicide would have been sprayed over a week ago.

Oh, room itself is well ventilated as that's where the heating and water boilers are, and the extra fan runs 24/7. Should have had that fan from the start but I thought I'd get away with it. I didn't, lesson learned.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I may have some LSF, is it possible for one phenotype to be prone to this? From what I recall there can be.

Plants never been the greatest performer and seems prone to ill health.

Will try and get some photos up tomorrow when there is daylight.

• 2 years later...

Can anyone confirm this as LSF?

Seen one spot on one plant.. a week later all 7 plants have it, Its spreading rapidly..

large_LSF2.jpglarge_LSF1.jpg

15 hours ago, Punk#1 said:

can you spare a minute

I thought everyone understood  that I am severely sight impaired with macula disease, even at the cost to the NHS of £2k a month injecting my eyes only slows the decline, I'm sorry but I can't make anything out from your pictures.

I would deal with it quickly, it take no time to treat with cal/mag, and 12 to 24 hrs to brew and spray with essence, I would do both that covers both liklyhoods instead of waiting to see if one works.

First thing I would to before both treatments would be to immediately cut back any effected  leaf tips to clean tissue.

Sorry I can't  help more Ot1

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oldtimer1 said:

I thought everyone understood  that I am severely sight impaired with macula disease, even at the cost to the NHS of £2k a month injecting my eyes only slows the decline, I'm sorry but I can't make anything out from your pictures.

I would deal with it quickly, it take no time to treat with cal/mag, and 12 to 24 hrs to brew and spray with essence, I would do both that covers both liklyhoods instead of waiting to see if one works.

First thing I would to before both treatments would be to immediately cut back any effected  leaf tips to clean tissue.

Sorry I can't  help more Ot1

Not at all that's great advice cheers, I'll get right on it. Essence is on the way :yinyang:

• 1 year later...