Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

:rofl: misted with citrofresh 2 days ago as a preventive mesure,got fungi today :nea:

citrofresh dosnt have no effect on these,infact i think it makes it worse :rofl:

this is the second time iv sprayed with citro and its made it worse :rofl:

next time this happens im gunna post the pics as proof;)

gunna have to go n try wot ROOKIE used from gud ol' homebase ;)

i have got a bit ov copper sulphate but i dont like using it, :wassnnme: heavy chemicals for seedlings

c ya all :yep:

:yahoo: misted with citrofresh 2 days ago as a preventive mesure,got fungi today :wink:

citrofresh dosnt have no effect on these,infact i think it makes it worse :yahoo:

this is the second time iv sprayed with citro and its made it worse :yahoo:

next time this happens im gunna post the pics as proof;)

gunna have to go n try wot ROOKIE used from gud ol' homebase :wassnnme:

i have got a bit ov copper sulphate but i dont like using it, :yinyang: heavy chemicals for seedlings

c ya all :)

Ive been reading all your posts for a while now, but I just HAD to jump in here. My first crop developed a fungal infection early during the veg state. Here I am almost 5 weeks in flower and the infection is coming back in a nasty way. Ive sprayed using Serenade Disease Control, and everytime I spray it seems to hit my crops back harder. Now I am thinking about chopping early because I dont want to risk losing my crops! lol

hi there rydeon m8 :rofl:

5 weeks into flower dude,i wouldnt spray with anything dude :rofl: deffo no no!!!!!!

sum people still use citrofresh in flower m8 :rofl: but at 5 weeks m8,DONT be spraying with chemicals dude,youll want to be smokeing her soon man :headpain:

plus ya risking more problems m8 like budrot etc dude, ;)

how bad is it,carnt ya just get away with taking leaves off for the last 3 weeks etc?????? lol

bish have you ever used this [Fungus Fighter] its very similar to dithane only in liquid form

OK, I've just bought some of this. The choice was Fungus Fighter, Dithane or a Copper solution. I went for Fungus Fighter because it came in a spray form and it was cheap.

After getting it home I read on the back:

For use on ornamental plants

Do not use on food crops

Now this worries me a little. I'm not worried about being 100% organic but this does not look very human-friendly. I'm not going to eat my green but it will end up in my blood stream sooner or later.

Copper doesn't worry me so much - I don't think it is classed as a 'heavy metal' - but I didn't have enough cash on me for this. I should have gone for this in hindsight.

What about this Dithane stuff? Is it toxic? Can it be used on food stuffs?

Guest Not A Number

:wink: misted with citrofresh 2 days ago as a preventive mesure,got fungi today :wub:

citrofresh dosnt have no effect on these,infact i think it makes it worse :wink:

this is the second time iv sprayed with citro and its made it worse :wink:

The spores that are already on the leaves will continue to develop. Citrofresh will only stop new spores from developing. Copper fungicide kills it but if you are in flower then its damage limitation time and Citrofresh is the only game in town.

It does what it says on the container. It doesn't do what you think it does.

The spores that are already on the leaves will continue to develop. Citrofresh will only stop new spores from developing. Copper fungicide kills it but if you are in flower then its damage limitation time and Citrofresh is the only game in town.

It does what it says on the container. It doesn't do what you think it does.

thanks dude :wub:

i know that now Not A Number,i thought it fought fungi and eradicated it but it's just a protecter :wink: :wink: :wink:

thanks anyway dude :yahoo:

OK, I've just bought some of this. The choice was Fungus Fighter, Dithane or a Copper solution. I went for Fungus Fighter because it came in a spray form and it was cheap.

After getting it home I read on the back:

Now this worries me a little. I'm not worried about being 100% organic but this does not look very human-friendly. I'm not going to eat my green but it will end up in my blood stream sooner or later.

Copper doesn't worry me so much - I don't think it is classed as a 'heavy metal' - but I didn't have enough cash on me for this. I should have gone for this in hindsight.

What about this Dithane stuff? Is it toxic? Can it be used on food stuffs?

i wouldnt use it dude,are you in flower??if so dont use it m8,if still in vegg,mist away that fungi dude :wink:

well there you go :)

Citrofresh will only stop new spores from developing. Copper fungicide kills it

so its the copper fungicide wot will KILL the spores not the citro Not A Number,nice 1 dude :)

so i might as well ditch the citro until i get to flowering fungi probs,but if copper fungicide KILLS the fungi spores,then carry on spraying with citro,i will eradicate the fungi & live happily ever after :wink:

well sprayed with copper today,gunna stick with that & mist 1 week from today ;)

thanks Not A Number!

take care ;)

L NIN ;)

Guest Not A Number

I've had serious outbreaks of fungus this year (that and the borg) which just about wiped out every plant.

I thought I'd recovered on several occasions but no, so now I'm spraying citrofresh (5:1 mix) as a barrier control from the moment a plant pops its head above the ground. Anything that does get fungus is segregated and sprayed with copper fungicide (Murphys). I'm applying copper fungicide to all plants in the last week of veg then I'm continuing to spray Citrofresh as a barrier control every 4 weeks throughout flowering.

Once I have 2-3 crops done (without problems) I'll ease off on the spraying and see what happens. Environment is dialed-in at the moment so in theory I should have no problems. We'll see. One thing for sure though - 2006 has been the worst year for fungus I've seen and I hope to hell next year is better :)

Edit - you can't mist them weekly with a copper fungicide (if that's what you meant). Follow the guidelines for tomatoes as they are usually the nearest plant to cannabis listed on the pack :wink:

Edited by Not A Number

nice 1 there Not A Number m8 ;)

same statergy im going for now,im gunna try & kill the fungi off with copper ,mist twice(bish recomened it)

try & get them into shape a bit then flower with regular misting ov citro ;)

I've had serious outbreaks of fungus this year (that and the borg) which just about wiped out every plant.

:guitar: feel for ya dude!!!!

I thought I'd recovered on several occasions but no,

same here man,just thought i was getting back on track then,BOOM,fungi attack out ov nowere :doh:

2006 has been the worst year for fungus I've seen and I hope to hell next year is better

;) i hope so to m8,my pal has just shot the towel in with the growing till this fungi can be sorted :wink:

take care m8 ;) & all the best dude ;)

EDIT-heres my fungi,i grew it myself ;);)FUNGI

;) PEACE DUDE ;)

Edited by L NIN

bio-cept,6 quid out ma growshop,well worth it,not saying that it will work for everyone that has this feckin fungi,but it worked for me :wassnnme:

cheers highpriest...just got rid of mine (fingers crossed) with citrofresh...but i'll keep this in mind if it pops up again...

Ive been suffering leaf spot for 3 generations now,I Thought I got rid on my 1st grow but it re-appererd on my second grow,and now its appeared on the newest clones ive taken,its a bastad to get rid of,you think its gone and before you know it its back.Anyway ill look for that stuff in my local grow shop,well worth £6 if it gets rid of leaf spot