Oil And Water

SenseiMelia

Don't know if it's been covered here but has anyone tried having water in the bowl?

There's a vid on youtube (type in honey oil water) and it looks an easier way to collect your oil.

Let me know if you've tried it or it's been covered here,

Cheers

yea it works it takes more time to evaporate than iso though, and you need to make sure its all evaporated or it wont burn very well and it wont get you high. iso is prbably a better way of collecting

Not sure if i got my question confused or i've confused your answer but cheers for trying.

What i mean is having a couple of inches of water in the collection bowl,if left still the idea is

the oil floats on the surface of the water and can be easily lifted rather than scrapping the dish.

Anyone do this?

Not sure if i got my question confused or i've confused your answer but cheers for trying.

What i mean is having a couple of inches of water in the collection bowl,if left still the idea is

the oil floats on the surface of the water and can be easily lifted rather than scrapping the dish.

Anyone do this?

i thought you just meant use a couple drops of water. what this guy is doing is crazy. seems to work and might make a cleaner oil so i would say go for it. i don't understand why the oil doesn't sink though, cause its heavier than water. cool shit

Edited by E C S

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i been making BHO recently, saw that video and am going tom try it next time i do oil, also i read you can use iso to remelt oil once its evaped off the butane so you can then poor it onti a container and let iso evap off, i reheated it too poor it but you get residue left.

i don't understand why the oil doesn't sink though, cause its heavier than water. cool shit

Oil is lighter than water.......oil floats on water, the cream rises to the top of the milk etc etc.

• Like 1

1 thing though guys, make sure you do it outside, as that looked in his kitchen :unsure:

i made some the other night, thought it would ok on my window sill, i must say i fuckin shit myself looking at that gas bubbling away :rofl:

next time i will for sure, safety first lol

ps well nice it was as well, only got a few spliffs worth but well worth the effort

this is the collection method i use, except i use a concentrated saline solution.

This prevents surface freezing, which helps with faster evaporation. Its also a polar solution which further strips polar impurities from the oil (i've noticed it removes a fair amount of green pigment from the oil, moreso than water alone)

I just tried it with cold water then poored hot on top worked quite well made collection alot easier, you guys spraying into hot or cold water?

• 7 months later...

had to bump this, as it seems the vids been removed.

Can someone that saw this please explain the method. Its'd be mucho appreciated!

Thanks!