just switched to coco and not going well

ratdog

Rent yourself one of these buh. 

Be careful though, I very nearly ended up with a nail in my jugular using one to fasten 2x4s to I beams. lol

No more nails is probably a more sensible idea lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Rent yourself one of these buh. 

Forget that toy, get one of the American things that use bullets to fire nails into walls lol

edit: sorry, I see that is what that is, I didn't think you could get them here? Ramset is the one I've seen before.

Edited by latigid aikon

TBF I only ever used one in NZ, so they might not be available here lol

But yeah, serious bit of kit, drive a 4 inch nail straight into concrete or through 10mm of solid steel. The nails do have a habit of deciding they'd rather fly at you than into the wall though, I eventually refused to use it without a hefty pay rise, I can see why they might not be allowed in certain places. 

55 minutes ago, ratdog said:

wanted to secure into the ceiling, but it's concrete and even the sds drill says "fuck that man

With a  decent drill bit it shouldn't be a problem dude.. or you could have stuck it with polyurethane glue like lumberjack..only issue would be the mess it left if you had to remove it ever.

I use the stuff all the time and it bonds to anything really well not like shitty grip fill, no nails or pink grip

Goes off in about 10 mins and won't move after 24hrs

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I can see why they might not be allowed in certain places. 

TBH I thought they were USA only but it looks like you can get them here too.

However it looks like the non-USA ones use a special cartridge whereas in America you can get ones that use standard .22 blank rounds, presumably because you can buy them anywhere easily.

13 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

only ever used one in NZ, so they might not be available here lol

Use them many times onsite for cladding RSJ,s with timber..dangerous tool if not used correctly..

• Like 1

The nail gun and misuse of said item has to be in my top 5 horrific things I have witnessed on a building site. Apprentice joiner "pretending" to fire one at his pal on site. Except he DID activate the thing and a nail did go straight through his pal's kneecap. Put me right off my lunchtime sandwich that did.

The worst was seeing a fellow park fall from step ladders no more than 4-5 feet....landed on his elbow which didn't take it too well...bone sticking out the lot. The arm was gone within 24 hours and the building site looked like a scene from CSI....horrific stuff. 

One of the questions I was asked as a witness was "Was X wearing his hard hat and safety boots at the time"...To which I replied yes when i saw him he definitely had his safety gear on...like the HH and boots would have saved his fucking arm....Scumbags were already looking for a way out of paying the poor fucker compo. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diddy said:

arm....Scumbags were already looking for a way out of paying the poor fucker compo. 

Always the fucking way mate lol.

watered to run off this time and the ec of the run off was higher 2.2 than the feed going in 1.6.

should i lower the ec going in?

plants look happy

@ratdog

Sounds like you've got a build up in the coco bud,

I would flush through with ph'd fresh warm water

then check run off again.

48 minutes ago, ratdog said:

watered to run off this time and the ec of the run off was higher 2.2 than the feed going in 1.6.

should i lower the ec going in?

plants look happy

Just now, stu914 said:

@ratdog

Sounds like you've got a build up in the coco bud,

I would flush through with ph'd fresh warm water

then check run off again.

Do not flush them. Your first action when the run off EC is coming out higher than input is to add more irrigation events, as coco drys up the salt loses its vessel of water until the next irrigation event so the run off EC comes out higher. Add more irrigations, if the run off EC doesnt decrease, then lower your EC input - don't flush them unless its at the end of the cycle, you run the risk of washing away the buffer, so the next time you feed them the media starts drawing nutrients that would otherwise be going to the plant and it leads to tail chasing.

• Like 5

Sort of translating what GSZZ said

Water more frequently now they’re drinking more. 

If more frequent irrigation doesn’t lower the run off then it’s too much food. In that case lower your input EC. 

i assume they’re getting comfy in the new pots and are suppin up like.

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 7

Exactly what Mikey said, keep everything the same just increase the amount of times you're watering them, if run off EC doesn't go down (or not all the way back to input) thats when you can start reducing the input EC.

• Like 5