just switched to coco and not going well

ratdog

On 23/01/2024 at 11:33, KC said:

These coco threads always put me off trying coco, compost just seems so much easier lol

Good luck with the build ratty :v:

Coco, beanstalk pellets, nasty hard tap water, done. 

E.C can fuck off. Runoff E.C can fuck right off, ph is just the sound the letter F makes, leaving truncheons and ph meters superfluous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lennyd79 said:

Coco can be as easy as soil. 

You're wrong, soil is a cunt. Can't overwater coco. Nutrient deficiencies can be fixed in 24hrs with coco. Smaller pots can be used too. Soil 0 - Coco 1

• Like 5

Got to agree with @Slippy One in that I never understood the whole "soil is easier" thing, its proper not lol so easy for someone not clued up on how to "read" the signs of a plant and a pot of soil to fuck it up by over/under watering or over/underfeeding.

You can still over/under feed in coco but its easier to fix, and as long as the coco isn't sat in its own filth and the pot can drain, you'd have to really try hard to over water it.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

so easy for someone not clued up on how to "read" the signs of a plant and a pot of soil to fuck it up by over/under watering or over/underfeeding

I stand here as exhibit A. If you don’t grow anything at all or never have and hit the ground running with compost yer a lucky fucker. Man I hate compost. What an absolute bastard 

• Like 2

Well to be honest yeah I switched to coco years ago because I was finding soil a ball ache at times. I have soft water and when I went to coco I chanced it with not bothering with PH or EC meters and everything was spot on. Reading the plants is much easier in coco I agree. 

Well I still think compost is a piece of piss. As long as you can pick the pot up it's easy to know when to water and not using hps makes reading the plants a hell of a lot easier, you've just got to be on it a bit earlier with nutes.. If you're working with a known cut it's even easier. Maybe the problem with compost is there are so many different brands/mixes and they'll differ slightly.

Anyway, I'm off topic so I'll shut up now :shutup:

• Like 1

compost really isn't that hard if your water is ok, my ec at the tap is .2 lol so proof that not using mineral supplements is a proven disaster lol i foolishly listened to people telling me i didn't need cal mag, and i felt that i was missing something, but now i'm on coco i have to use cal mag lol

i can handle either, but now i've invested in the coco stuff i'll ride it out, it does seem logical to mix nutes with cal mag taken into consideration and ec measured, and the plants seem to be happy.

• Like 1