crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

4 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Always a good idea to feed daily, even a weak feed. They’re small though, so no probs letting them dry out a little. 

Agreed that size I’d be feeding once maybe twice very sparingly around the stem and not totally soaking the coco medium.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

Excellent, I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news lol

If you hold it up to the light insect damage will be visible from underneath too but if it's residue it wont show through.

I need to have a closer look tomorrow as I did bring those bloody herb plants.in ffs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Always a good idea to feed daily, even a weak feed. They’re small though, so no probs letting them dry out a little. 

I'll try little and often approach

9 hours ago, Shumroom said:

That's a lovely bit of DIYing :thumsup:

Atb

:yinyang:

lol took literally minutes to knock up and works in a fashion need to play with it a bit

• Like 2

That above shot really made me think you had mites but the side on shot is clearly a pile of mineral rocks on the leaf lol

• Like 1

day 10 - tonights photos

large.65a044026996f_TBLday10.jpg

salt build up thank god but I must wash down leaves with water every now and then - bad rufus in your bed 

large.65a04413ed1d6_TBLepsomonleaf.jpg

• Like 2

started feeding once a day 20ml - just to give a little feed while allowing the coco to dry out a little.they seem a bit perkier today 

EC = 1000 (1ml A + 1ml B + 2ml seaweed extract)

pH = 6.0

spraying with epsom solution as EC to high to add to feed.

oh and I washed off the epsom after taking photo - honest gov 

large.65a19ea7719a8_TBLday11.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/01/2024 at 0:00 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

DAY 8 - no feed as pots heavy but we do appear to have new growth.

Photo from last night and a few of my DIY duct heater.

Its made with a piece of 100mm diameter pvc pipe with a 100w PTC heater inside and a pc fan blowing the air through, warming it.

Currently got it set up inside tent as an internal heate,r so it takes the  warmish air from top of tent, warms it futher and blows it out towards the bottom of the tent .

large.659dfdb774e6f_TBLday8.jpglarge.659dfdc3d530c_PTC2.jpglarge.659dfdc15c914_PTC1.jpglarge.659dfdbe2966c_PTC3.jpglarge.659dfdbb4ef98_PTC4.jpg

That's a genius idea geez, might have to steal it if I'm honest lol. Just make sure the air coming not isn't too hot, destroyed a load of chilli plants in about 20 seconds with a fan heater once :doh:

@MindSoup the ptc heater never gets red hot, it remains at a constant temperature (about 80'C),

when the fan is on, the air temp is only mid 30'C - just enough for my 2x2 veg tent but ive got no extraction on yet 

I might set up some driveway blocks in "russian stove" type tunnel to retain some of the heat at lights off 

1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

oh and I washed off the epsom after taking photo - honest gov 

That looks so weird, like you've got a terrible mite infestation yet totally healthy plants, a proper dichotomy lol

Are you using a wetting agent or something? I've done heavy epsom mistings like that, with great results, but the salt deposits on the leaves were always much larger and less spiter mitey ;)lol

9 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

gues its just the finess of the mist

That makes sense, my sprayers are cheapo crap lol

14 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

@MindSoup the ptc heater never gets red hot, it remains at a constant temperature (about 80'C),

when the fan is on, the air temp is only mid 30'C - just enough for my 2x2 veg tent but ive got no extraction on yet 

I might set up some driveway blocks in "russian stove" type tunnel to retain some of the heat at lights off 

Sounds perfect mate, even more likely to steal it now lol.