crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

8 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

security issue

Definitely, and that’s how I built my system, first….how to get rid of my runoff efficiently and without raising any concerns, but it’s not just runoff, the Rez gets cleaned out and regularly emptied and it all does down the same waste pipe, little bit of planning and it’s achievable 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

I wouldn't worry about salt based nutes going into yer garden beds , most ferts aimed at amateur gardeners are inorganic, miracle gro , phostrogen, chempak and tomorite for example.

:yinyang:

Call me a yoghurt weaver, but I wouldn't put any of those on my garden either. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

yoghurt weaver

I prefer the term cornflake knitter (fwiw i used to work for a community kerbside recycling scheme, been called far worse than either :doh::hippy:)

I wouldn't use any of those on actual beds either personally , fbb and 6x are my go to's but my point is people do and they still have functional soil.

😄

• Like 1

Ive been eyeing up my boilers condensate drain line, handily located in the loft 🤔

okay,okay, all very interesting but enough talk on what people do with their run off LOL.

meanwhile back at the ranch......

The 135w tube heater has been struggling to make the min temp in the 4x2 tent, after LEDS go out, so had to reduce the extraction a little to bring temps up.

I might change the lights on time by a couple of hours, so lights turn off a little later at 9am (instead of 7am currently) to help get past the cold period.

Still playing around with my irrigation system, the smart plug works a treat for scheduling control times. 

Still need a few bits and bobs to finish off - been looking at these steel manifolds with built in valves to give easy control of individual flows to each pot - thats the theory anyway

Air-Pump-Manifolds.jpg

• Like 1

On 25/02/2024 at 00:24, RUFUS HOUND said:

The thing that would worry me about staring in finals, would be build up of nutes when watering small amounts. while the plants are stlll small and nowhere near rooted out or would/do you water till runoff even before its well rooted?

Rufus bach I myself growing in coco or mud.....I'd only get run off once a week this myth that coco needs a constant leaching is beyond me..... but there again I'm now retired and I know nothing 😀

• Like 1

I'd only get a good run off once a week even in flowering stage fully rooted pots for 6 days in a row I'd get about 300 ml run off watering an 11 litre pot 3 litres each 👍 Once a week I'd give them 4 litre that would give me about a litre run off 😇   Now I've set mind's boggling but I grew terribly sick plants 😂

Edited by thekingofobsolete
spelling
  • Like 1

This here auto was in 7 litre of husk grown the same method under 400 watts of hps 😀

large.IMG-20190307-WA0010.jpg.a5d598e979c3bd77ef51561edb68f845.jpg

It was auto colorado cookies by Dutch passion..... yield was over 300 grm dry.

👌

• Like 2

holy shit batman, damn impressive that auto - Im only getting 300grm on 3 x 7L (i know its embarrassing :crybaby:)

@thekingofobsolete cheers for all the pointers mate 👍

I will try your tricks on me next run, if you fancy holdin me hand chime in - thunder banana auto by seedstockers but I havent got HPS only these new fangled LEDs

• Like 1

Flower day 7 (sunday) the patchy runt No.3 is still lagging behind (Left)

large.TBLflowerday7.jpg.2d6ac57e0a63d2fe6087035484cb7d84.jpg

• Like 2

photos from sunday - watering x 3 daily with my little irrigation set up.

2ml of A / 2ml B / 2ml epsom = 1.6 EC

large.TBLflowerday16.jpg.271863ad3f862276c889610220241cfe.jpglarge.irrigationsystem.jpg.e8aafef717a7c091457bd1af4c9c0a0a.jpg

• Like 4

popped some Seedstockers "Thunder banana auto" over the weekend and while I was at it took a few clones from the TBL No.3 plant (best of the bunch) and put them all into jiffy pellets under a dome (upturned storage box)

large.Thunderbanannaseeds.jpg.02abe0f0f2c24fbdb97bb1cf5920d7a2.jpg

• Like 2

2 of the 6 clones have gone very droopy when the humidity dropped off.

Ive sprayed the inside of the dome and lightly soaked a sponge and chucked that it as well.

fingers crossed they recover but they cost me nothing so no great loss.

2 of the thunder banana are up, just waiting for the last one now.

forgot to mention I adjusted the ph of the water that the jiffys were soaked in to a ph of 6

2 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

very droopy

How old are they?  to many photons can make them pretty miserable

51 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

How old are they?  to many photons can make them pretty miserable

about 2 days since cut and plant. just have them in the bedroom for now to keep a close eye on them.

Ive removed an extra leaf or 2 from the effected clones to help reduce transpiration.

• Like 1