crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

While you can get away without potting up. I feel potting up is probably best option for those new to coco or just without a lot of experience. Just as it’s such an easy guide to follow.

The thing that would worry me about staring in finals, would be build up of nutes when watering small amounts. while the plants are stlll small and nowhere near rooted out or would/do you water till runoff even before its well rooted?

Edited by RUFUS HOUND

15 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

/do you water till runoff even before its well rooted?

I wouldn’t no, but I don’t let it completely dry out either 

1 minute ago, The Green Manalishi said:

I wouldn’t no, but I don’t let it completely dry out either 

so you grow photos in their finals as well  ???

No bud, I pot up in stages, I find the more furtigation events the better, more dissolved oxygen to the rootzone 

• Like 1

I probably need to up my feeding events, as im only watering once per day but thats going to give a lot more wasted neuts but I guess thats the coco way!

Im playing with a little 3 pot irrigation system using a small water pump, micro irrigation pipe+fittings operated by a smart plug, I thought a 300L/hr (5L/min ) would be ok for 3 plants but seems a little under powered to supply more than 2 drippers per plant, I might have to reduce the length of pipe from the reservoir /pump to the drippers to as short as possble.

I still can't get my head around throwing all those nutes away, can't be good for the environment to just poor them down the drain. 

• Like 2
  • WOW 1

Don’t need to throw it away :) 

Dilute it down a bit and use it in the garden.

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

If you have a garden then that would be the way for sure, although I wouldn't want to chuck salt nutes on my beds anyway, they can seriously fuck with the microbiology. 

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

poor them down the drain. 

My runoff / waste goes to the garden, no where near any drainage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

they can seriously fuck with the microbiology

I doubt the scale of my grow will be a issue 

Edited by The Green Manalishi

I wouldn't worry about salt based nutes going into yer garden beds , most ferts aimed at amateur gardeners are inorganic, miracle gro , phostrogen, chempak and tomorite for example.

:yinyang:

to be honest, I also chuck run off on the potted plants, so its not a total waste.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Green Manalishi said:

My runoff / waste goes to the garden, no where near any drainage.

1 hour ago, The Green Manalishi said:

I doubt the scale of my grow will be a issue 

Aye its alright if you've only got a few litres to chuck on the garden, but it becomes a bit of a security issue draining 100s of litres of run off onto the garden in the middle of winter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All my res changes go straight down the drain.

I'm very lucky having a drain cover right outside the shed door.

I just lift the corner of the cover enough to get a hose in and use a 1000ltr maxijet pump which empties the 100ltr res in a few minutes.

What with that and an outside tap on the side of the shed I'm very spoilt...and smug...best location I've ever had for a grow.

• Like 1