crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

1 hour ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

@catweazle1 to be honest I didnt think it was possible to dissolve 250g in 1 litre of water but its alll gone :notworthy:

Yes, it looks a lot, but it has a high solubility.

• Like 1

@catweazle1 it was like a milky syrup, I gave it a good stir, went out for 2 mins, came back and it was all dissolved and clear - voodoo magic man :magic:

ad25afc9-e8c3-460c-b534-39c438256285_tex

simple things please simlpe minds 

top tip with the epsom , Ive made a litre up ready for the new year grow:yep:

suprised at the readings, its appears to have reduced the EC of the tap water :wacko:

EC 150

TDS 300

pH 6.4

Turned the coco out of the bin today and filled my buckets - The coco is looking nice flufy almost to the brim of each one 

• Like 1

General comment: Cannabis likes 3:1, but there is minimum amount needed as well. Magnesium (Mg) 50-75mg/L and the calcium wants to be 3X that. If your Mg numbers are below 20mg, I would give them the full 2ml. My Mg is 32mg and I still put 2ml Epsom in, to make it 96mg...that's 16mg over. My water is very hard but has a surprising amount of natural Mg.

Given the dynamics of the coco cation exchange property with Ca and Mg, we are wasting effort being too accurate, as long as the minimum amounts are met and the ratio 3:1 is thereabouts.. My two pence.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 2:33 AM, catweazle1 said:

General comment: Cannabis likes 3:1, but there is minimum amount needed as well. Magnesium (Mg) 50-75mg/L and the calcium wants to be 3X that. If your Mg numbers are below 20mg, I would give them the full 2ml. My Mg is 32mg and I still put 2ml Epsom in, to make it 96mg...that's 16mg over. My water is very hard but has a surprising amount of natural Mg.

Given the dynamics of the coco cation exchange property with Ca and Mg, we are wasting effort being too accurate, as long as the minimum amounts are met and the ratio 3:1 is thereabouts.. My two pence.

so each ml the epsom solution (250mg/L) gives approx 32mg of magnesium????

my magesium is only 3mg/L so need a good 2ml to get it to 64mg+3mg = 67mg 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been mulling over which seeds to pop for this first run in coco and decided on Triton biscotti lime by seedstockers

I've grown this a couple of times in compost, so I should be able to spot if things are going tits up.

So, Ive soaked my seeds for 12 hrs in 3 ml/L seaweed and boiled water.

Transfered these to 2 cotton wool pads, that were also soaked in same seaweed solution. put in a take-away carton and chucked in the airing cupboard.

you can see the membrane being shed on top seed

large.658dbc2f2a8fb_TBLsoak.jpg

If you are still thinking about a single bottle feed, then Growth Technologies Ionic is a single bottle for grow, and a single one for flower. No mixing equal parts.

At full dose, it's 50ppm Ca, so wouldn't be adding a lot of pressure on your Mg uptake. You would still benefit from extra Mg, but the total amount of Ca and Mg in your system, would be lower, with the same ratio between them. Thus taking undue pressure off K. Which can happen with harder water and high Ca feeds, which in turn need more Mg in solution.

Ultimately, you still get what you want, but at a marginally lower EC. It's also fully chelated, with humic and fulvic acids onboard. Which aids uptake.

It would probably suit you better than the two part made for softer waters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, notunum said:

If you are still thinking about a single bottle feed, then Growth Technologies Ionic is a single bottle for grow, and a single one for flower. No mixing equal parts.

At full dose, it's 50ppm Ca, so wouldn't be adding a lot of pressure on your Mg uptake. You would still benefit from extra Mg, but the total amount of Ca and Mg in your system, would be lower, with the same ratio between them. Thus taking undue pressure off K. Which can happen with harder water and high Ca feeds, which in turn need more Mg in solution.

Ultimately, you still get what you want, but at a marginally lower EC. It's also fully chelated, with humic and fulvic acids onboard. Which aids uptake.

It would probably suit you better than the two part made for softer waters.

I will keep in mind for next time but gotta use what Ive got for now, spent far too much this year:bangin:

• Like 2

time to check up on the seeds germing in the airing cupboard - 1 tap root has got stuck and the  cotyledons have come out first !!!!

Ive gently removed the seed case and planted them all in jiffy pellets. 

Then disaster, I only went and dropped them and the newly planted srpouts got scattered over the carpet, I collected them up, blew off the dog hair and dust and put them  back in the jiffy pellets and back in the airing cupboard till I get my tent warmed up. fingers crossed they survive.

large.65915a6121457_TBLtap.jpg 

Happy new year everybody, hope you all had a good one :smokin:

My little accident hasnt hurt the TBL and they are all above ground, 2 are sporting crash helmets. I might  have to intervene but Ill give it another day and keep wetting them.

large.659343d463a9e_seedlingsday1.jpg

• Like 1

forgot to mention - hydrated the jiffy pellets in a solution of 3ml/L seaweed extract.

adjusted the ph down to 6.2 - dont know if thats really necessary this early on but might as well get used to it!

Im going to knock up a litre of 1/2 strength feed - so 0.5ml A 0.5ml B plus 2ml epsom mix to use over the 1st week

I might start to mist with seaweed solution as well once it gets some leaves

The 2 seedlings have shed their "crash helmets" and all 3 look good to go.

large.65942bd8cfd70_TBLday2.jpg

• Like 3