crossing over to the coco side

RUFUS HOUND

Get a 250 HID in there no need to warm them then lights off if dope is a tropical plant  it actually loves heat :yep:  Fucking LED  just don't cut it imho and I've tried a few lol  Tbh I'd never grow dope under LED if ew payed me :headpain:

30 degrees daylight they will thrive then the 6 hours lights off don't matter as long as its not in a shed if they indoors they be fine.....but try not to drop nights lower than 23 :D

You'll be fine on 24hr light. Ive kept mum's for many years that never had a dark period in their life and they were all fine. If I remember correctly OT1 used to keep mothers like this too and had mums for over 20 years kept this way. Not saying this is the best way but it's not a bad thing.

Battery pH pen is fine. I'd avoid the REALLY cheap ones but my £15 ebay jobby did me fine up until I replaced with a bluelab. Just gotta calibrate it more often to make sure it's still reading fairly accurate. Coco has pretty good pH buffering ability anyways, I've heard people in here mention that they don't even adjust at all because of it - not for me personally but I don't doubt that it works. My run off pH always seems to be 6.1 regardless of input pH

Imo the things that you should focus your attention on if you're new to coco are:

Input EC and run off EC, and avoiding salt build up

Root temps

Ca/Mg ratio

Knowing how to quickly spot the signs if the coco hasn't been buffered properly and you need to correct it

Edited by BushDoctoR
  • Like 2

I’d not be running 30c I’d prefer to run temps 25c and ramp the humidity up if poss nice little bit of heat under the pots and water little at a time round the stem rather than drenching the roots till there proper established. Good luck with your grow mate. Coco is so easy once you get into the saddle.

• Like 1

I got my veg tent sorted with a heat source - 28'C lights on / 24'C off

Im sure I can see a bit of growth but may be wishful thinking - no.3 still has this strange 1/2 light green thing going on

Bit of leaf twsting going on as well - ???? calcium

fed with 100ml solution with 

0.5ml A+B

2ml epsom mix 

ph= 6.0

EC= 750

large.659b46a4e3cf1_TBLday6.jpg

• Like 3

Don’t worry about the colour of no3,

she’ll probably grow out of it :) 

Or pop a spare seed,

just in case?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

As shumroom sez. Be reyt. Have a karma Fritter Licker x Pink Runtz done exactly the same. Seems to be growing out of it as it increases nodes like .,,, 

• Like 2

On 07/01/2024 at 1:59 AM, RUFUS HOUND said:

I will sort out a timer tomorrow,I got the temps up to 29/30'C- pots on a grill over a big saucer  hopefully the temps wont fall to far lights out.

might need a change round as had no heat source other than the heat mats but now have oil rad going spare - overkill for 60x60 but on 1st setting is only 150W

My experience: If the wattage too low, it will never turn off and 150w on constantly will eat your electric. I happen to be playing with an adjustable 2000w oil rad and an 1800w ceramic heater. Make sure you see it turn off at your desired temperature, then you know it's set. If it doesn't reach the desired temp, turn up power a notch. Start low, see where the temp lands once it's steady and turn up until it's there. It should only be a once-only operation for each setup.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

DAY 7

cheers guys, I will just keep an eye on no.3.

@catweazle1 150w setting is fine, its only a 60x60 tent so doesnt take much heating.

Ive actually got a 100W PTC heater that I was going to use an inline  duct heater (more on that at a later date)

photo from last night - fed 100ml / EC 1.0 / pH 6.0

large.659d52133655f_day7.jpg

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 4

DAY 8 - no feed as pots heavy but we do appear to have new growth.

Photo from last night and a few of my DIY duct heater.

Its made with a piece of 100mm diameter pvc pipe with a 100w PTC heater inside and a pc fan blowing the air through, warming it.

Currently got it set up inside tent as an internal heate,r so it takes the  warmish air from top of tent, warms it futher and blows it out towards the bottom of the tent .

large.659dfdb774e6f_TBLday8.jpglarge.659dfdc3d530c_PTC2.jpglarge.659dfdc15c914_PTC1.jpglarge.659dfdbe2966c_PTC3.jpglarge.659dfdbb4ef98_PTC4.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

large.659dfdb774e6f_TBLday8.jpg

The little white spots on the left one look like they could be insect damage, I'd be looking at that very closely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latigid aikon said:

The little white spots on the left one look like they could be insect damage, I'd be looking at that very closely.

you have good eyes - I think its epsom salt/ seaweed extract residue as spraying daily.

• Like 3

Always a good idea to feed daily, even a weak feed. They’re small though, so no probs letting them dry out a little. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

residue

Excellent, I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news lol

If you hold it up to the light insect damage will be visible from underneath too but if it's residue it wont show through.

• Like 1