AC Infinity Cloudray S6 Questions

Military Grade

7 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I wonder if this 18hr thing even matters if you only have it set to 5 speed level

I've just set mine up, one setting down from full beans. They're farily loud to be honest but they look well made and are pushing some air so weill see how it goes. Need to check-in about a year from now.....

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the reminder, I was supposed to put it on a timer but it's still running quietly on 24/7 :)

• Like 2

@Slippy One  Still going strong mate, thinking of buying another one for the little tent if I can't fit one of my USB Oscillating fans in there.

I run mine on cycle mode via the controller 69, 10hrs on 6mins off, I have mine on level 5 and when I close the tent you can't hear it still after all this time which I take as a good sign.

• Like 3

Wait, 6 mins off after 10hrs to just to cool down or has there been some research going on here? 

• Like 1

I have 2.... had 2, the slack of cable was a bit tight and its pulled out the fan casing due to constant oscillating 24/7, I heard a crackling and spotted bare wires. unsure I can claim warranty but am trying but the orange sticker has worn off so I don't have any identification

as for noise, im thinking of putting some foam pipe insulation iver the tent pole as downstairs I can hear a constant back and forth noise

Edited by sweettooth

6 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Wait, 6 mins off after 10hrs to just to cool down or has there been some research going on here? 

Yeah pretty much, their was mention of them saying not to run it for more than 18hrs at a time, so instead of running it for 18hrs on and 6hrs off I broke that time down into more sections and less off time.

6mins is a shorter time than most would turn their fan off when working in their grow, so you could probably get away with having it off for a bit longer than that. I might change mine to 10mins off and see how that goes.

Edited by Military Grade
spelling
  • Like 3

bit of a twat, this ac infinity/not being able to have your fan on 24hrs

mines started clicking... click-click-click, but it still works

its on 24hrs & I dont have a controller. yet

mystic

Iv had mine running 24/7 for a few months :wallbash: didnt realise you were meant to give them a break,

One of mine has started clicking an and oscilation is abit jerky sometimes,

my other one has now malfunctioned. doesn't oscillate.

will start a warranty process

1 x not oscillating

1 x frayed wires from oscillating without anough slack (there was plenty of slack)

both orange codes rubbed off, see what they say. had to take a video of it, difficult not to include the plants but was successful.

doubt I'd buy them again, I'll stick to a larger oscillating fan

I’ve just copied @Military Grade and put on a cycle 10 hours on and 6min off time.it’s only a month old so I’m hoping it will see the year out! :wallbash:
it’s not making any noises yet but hopefully it will be ok. Surely when they made them, they know that they need to run 24/7? 

• Like 1

I think there's more issues on these than it's worth the £60 odd quid to buy  

I'd hate to spend that amount of money and find issues with it, whether it's clicking or even having to go through a warranty claim. 

100% mate. It's a common marketing tactic, sell cheap tat at a really high price so you can do a few warranty claims and still make a profit, same as Halfords advanced/Blue Spot tools etc. Seems like ACI are riding on the coat tails of their extractor fans reputation. 

• Like 1

Mines still like the day I got it, sadly all the alternatives are worse but are cheaper so it's a bit of a shitter for us Growers with small tents.

I need a small fan for my little (40x40)tent and don't have many options other than some of the small annoying PC fans.

Side note: I never had mine(S6) Oscillating while in veg as I have a USB Oscillating fan going on the floor blowing upwards. The USB Oscillating fans cost over £30 each and no way to mount them to a pole sadly.

• Like 3