Revive

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

Always something worth trying to build in. MWF is very drought tolerant, many a time go to a plot expecting things to be wilted, and perhaps some other stuff is, but MWF seem to have an ability to stay strong even without much moisture...  They can also do pretty well completely being submerged for a couple days lol  

All those girls looking real nice @revive..  

Im very happy with the test cross of GL x ZUEL, so far looking spot on with the structure etc, and good to hear they are beginning to flower, seeing similar here, should be good for a late sept / early oct finish, both parents being pretty rapid in the flowering department.  Hopefully have some nice tight sticky flowers on the NLD frame, smells taste should be pleasant with sweetness form the GL and complex spice and wood notes from the ZUEL...  

Will be cooling hearing what you make of the smoke :skin_up:

There looking pretty good the goldilocks x zuel I must say.. nice and open but will prob need some props stakes due to the long side arms on them.. there ok for now so ill deal with that as we move further into the flowering cycle..

Your quite right  with the MWF thinking about it.. they just seem to get on with it mate.. there isn't much you can do with those in terms of training or anything.. the internodes are very tight and with such  rigidity in its structure its difficult to pull them about.. pruning is best for these to try and maximise light distribution i find..they just grow themselves practically.. love this var tbh and its a real nice smoke..

Slim cant quite remember the do,s and donts but is it to late for cuts if preflowers are present mate?? I need the MWF in my life and have taken a real shine to the Mwfxscxrw but the latter is also showing preflowers..whats best here?

The goldilocks x zuel sounds right up my street.. sweet and spicy with woody undertones, hmm.. hopefully my senses are in better shape by the time im ready to sample that 1.. covid has messed me up a bit atm mate..

Oh the rubberwarp, no preflowers on her yet, didn't scan her but nothing obvious on the quick check.. some of the smaller branches showing more normal growth now, still no perfect but better, ive hopes for her still :yep:

Thanks for the feedback and info :yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, Revive said:

due to the long side arms on them

They should have a good bit of flex to them, I've got a vid of a much of ZUEL swaying and dancing in the wind.. The WL also brings this trait...  But having said that, theres chance in this combination the extra weight on the branches (vs the ZUEl) could warrant some extra supports as a preventative measure...  Or like you mention to keep the bottom branches off the ground! 

1 minute ago, Revive said:

pruning is best for these to try and maximise light distribution i find.

Yep, just a bit of thinning / lollipopping to allow more airflow into the middle, as with the compact stature can get a bit dense in there... But other than that its more or less a 'plant and leave' jobby...  

2 minutes ago, Revive said:

love this var tbh and its a real nice smoke..

So I hear, lots of people rate it, even against things you'd expect to be more potent... Heard its like a kind of 90s coffee shop kush, with an all round nice effect. Occasional individuals can actually be quite pokey. 

5 minutes ago, Revive said:

but is it to late for cuts if preflowers are present mate??

Not at all.  Can take cuts into the 2-3 week stage with little trouble. After that chances of success decrease, but still doable, especially from less developed lower growth.  If I think might want to do this, or take stump back for re-veg, I often won't do a lower clean up / lollipop, or at least leave some down there.  

8 minutes ago, Revive said:

hopefully my senses are in better shape by the time im ready to sample that 1.. covid has messed me up a bit atm mate..

Ah man, its shit isn't it... Mine near completely went, and I was trying to make selections for some indoor projects with a non-functintioning nose! Had to enlist some poor friends to have plant after plant rammed under their noses trying to describe the smells to me! lol  Was shitting it that it wouldn't come back...  Apparently it can help to 'train' the senses again by exposing yourself to strong smells and flavours...  Like eating anchovies straight out the tin/jar haha  

12 minutes ago, Revive said:

showing more normal growth now, still no perfect but better, ive hopes for her still :yep:

Yeah she seems to have sorted herself out to an extent... Could end up being the best weed on the plot for all we know...  I just had some stigmas popping out on mine but no proper pre flowering as of yet.  

• Like 1

@Amarillo slim thanks for answering in such detail mate.. for sure who knows what the rubberwarp will become.. shes a trooper thats for sure,she hasnt given up dispite her troubles.. 

In all honesty I never found the mwf to be tame in terms of strenth.. im not sure she can be improved upon in many ways, she pretty much bang on in my book . My only gripe is there's no more hence why I want a mum.. should make for a great bonsai.. 

Have you grown out the Mwfxscxrw before bro?

She's looking real nice and chunky now..im interested to see what that turns out like smoke wise :yep:

Anchovies out the tin.. man thats a fishy experience that not many can take lol

Its improved a bit today but like you im still worried.. I need my senses for reasons of security and right now I don't trust myself.. no other noses borrowing my world so extra precautions will have to be taken to be sure..

Man you must have been well up against it trying to make selections, even with others helping you and describing there version of what there smelling.. what a nightmare..  would you say your back to the norm now mate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Revive said:

im not sure she can be improved upon in many ways,

Theres always room for improvement, but I know what you mean, for what they're bred for pretty much ideal. Only real drawback is the 10%-15% runt /auto phenos. Buts due to the genetics its not really possible to not have them with the level of inbreeding needed for uniformity.  Ive been going back to earlier stages to re-work to F3 in the hopes of somehow changing this but not likely to be successful.  What I'm leaning more towards is using inbred versions in F1s. Ive managed to get an MWF line to F5 with reasonable fertility, thinking cross that to a rubberwarp (at similar F-gen) for F1s which should in theory be free of both the negative receive traits in each line in the F1 generation, the RW not detracting too much from what makes the MWF special, whilst also improving in some ways - people think MWF is dense, RW is next level,, good for getting harvest out, storage, sale (in legal setting) etc.  Got this straight cross out this year to test compatibility, I'l be sure to grab some pics.  

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Have you grown out the Mwfxscxrw before bro?

Nope, its totally new as of the winter, and don't really think anyone else is growing any this year to be fair.  I think should be a hard as nails plant with nice nugs.  Not sure how smells will turn out on her though, as one parent was almost void of any, to the point my mate actually dubbed it covid weed lol  but the rubberwarp, whilst not stinky, has some seriously funky smells going on...  

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Anchovies out the tin.. man thats a fishy experience that not many can take lol

To be fair I normally have one on its own whenever I'm using them, think when had covid I did a few at once...  My mate lost his smell/taste so much, he could eat a lemon like it was an apple! Fucking bizarre.  

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Man you must have been well up against it trying to make selections, even with others helping you and describing there version of what there smelling.. what a nightmare..  would you say your back to the norm now mate?

Have to say I was shitting it a bit that it wouldn't come back, love food and obviously need a nose to breed canna...  Scary reading about the percentage it doesn't come back for.. Thats really what they should have harped on about to get people jabbed... Not scared of being ill or small chance of death, but loosing smell and taste for years??! Fucking give me the jab lol 

1 hour ago, Revive said:

would you say your back to the norm now mate?

Yeah all back, took a couple weeks or so though.   Hope yours is just a short lived thing too :yep:

Edited by Amarillo slim

@Amarillo slim very interesting tomorrow hear your still trying to keep a mwf line going.. i get the pain of having 10/15% auto phenotypes in 5hemix using the grand scheme of things its not the end of the world is it.. ive had 1 auto pheno in 7 so thats not to terrible..

I never realised the RW was such a dense plants, I mean next level to mwf is really saying something mate.. RW x MWF sounds interesting if the negative traits can be removed from both but will you not end up with plants that are so dense it compromises there ability to fight against rot and mould due to lack of airflow?

So the Mwfxscxrw really is Pandora box at this stage.. covid weed lol I guess in terms of stealth there a place for that.. sometimes I just take a shine to a particular var for some reason..im not sure why but she is my favourite..she has been free from any troubles what so ever so this could well be why.. its kinda exciting not knowing what she will become and as im the only 1 growing her I get that experience of finding out..

Tbh mate I think its already returning my taste.. its bazaar looking at something in front of you then tasting something completely diff.. like you say your pal eating a lemon like a apple,thats just mad aint it.. it is scarey thinking about the return of these senses but im still not getting no fukung jab.. i agree mind lots would prob take the plunge knowing or thinking about this.. its horrible.. i just don't trust myself atm but ive had some good signs today so im a lil more positive.. id prob give up growing mate if it always tasted like it'd id the last week, its to the point of unbearable and has really got me down. Much better today for some reason so ill prob be 1of the lucky ones, I hope anyway..

Glad to hear you was mate.. would alfemco exist in the future if it never returned? Dont bear thinking about does it.. it really is a fuking awful virus isn't it.. to think it could kill you or drastically change your life is just bananas..

Be lucky mate :yinyang:

3 hours ago, Revive said:

i get the pain of having 10/15% auto phenotypes in 5hemix using the grand scheme of things its not the end of the world is it..

Not for the style of growing they are intended for (beds, perimeter fenced), but lot of people like to do smaller numbers of single plants in holes, and when they get an auto/runt type in this situation its bit of a downer... Personally I find just keeping in seedling pots for a little while the auto types show quick, so can just plant the rest up then sling bunch of the auto ones into a single hole or straight bin them. But guess not a way people are used to having to operate.  

I never realised the RW was such a dense plants, I mean next level to mwf is really saying something mate..

To clarify I'm talking density of the flower, not the growth structure... The buds on particular RW which I selfed for the current F4s was just crazy dense, like an oz dry would just slip into a trouser pocket and wouldn't really be noticeable. Real nice looking flower too, very indoor like...  

RW x MWF sounds interesting if the negative traits can be removed from both

Thats the idea, that in F1 these recessive traits are 'hidden', and would only show up if F2'd, a way of building in protection from rip offs :oldtoker:

so dense it compromises there ability to fight against rot and mould due to lack of airflow?

Again thinking you were probably referring to structure more here, but in regards to flower, the common sentiment that loose = mold resistance  and dense = prone, is an oversimplification which has exceptions, MWF and rubber warp being examples.  Lot of smaller traits that lead to the 'trait' of resistance.  

So the Mwfxscxrw really is Pandora box at this stage..

Yep, I can see in my minds eye what kind of plant it should be, but can never be sure till grown out... 

it is scarey thinking about the return of these senses but im still not getting no fukung jab..

Yeah a case of weighing up risks, for me and most people I know really didn't make any sense to take (though many still did)...  Seems that for all the faffing its sorted itself out in the end now at least.. 

its to the point of unbearable and has really got me down.

Yeah its shit aint it, was the worst part for me...  If its already getting better then sure it will be back to normal soon enough mate.. .

would alfemco exist in the future if it never returned?

Not smoking hasn't stopped me, so lack of smell would't either, would just have to rely more on my testers to do the sniffing...  Or maybe adopt an ex sniffer dog and train it to recognise the the nuances of various ganja lol  

Cheers 

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

To clarify I'm talking density of the flower, not the growth structure...

I certainly misunderstood what you was referring to there lol..

Re the mwf auto pheno.. the 1 i had showed very quick and was identified early before it went out but yeah guess for some they could see it's a waste of a hole.. as you say showing so early at seedling stage a few could be bunched into 1 hole but obviously this is only possible if you have numbers.. if I only had 1 bean and it was my only chance to grow it then I'd be pretty disappointed i reckon.. still its all a bit of a gamble growing GG anyway mate..

There great lil plants tbh and i wish there was more of them this season..

Im excited to see how some of these others turn out slim so happy there all in a pretty good state of health, hopefully I'll get the best out of them..

I didn't realise you don't smoke.. did you used to? I suppose its not the end of the world when breeding but im sure id want to sample the end product once all the hard work was done.. hats off to you mate :yep:

• Like 1

Another lil peep for you @Amarillo slim

Mwfxscxrw 

rubberwarp large.20220725_202013_compress47.jpglarge.20220725_202023_compress52.jpgmwf #1 and #2large.20220725_202026_compress76.jpglarge.20220725_201553_compress32.jpgGoldilocks x zuel #2 and 2 pics of #1

large.20220725_201759_compress67.jpglarge.20220725_201601_compress0.jpglarge.20220725_201700_compress1.jpglarge.20220725_201635_compress18.jpglast pic Mwfxscxrw left and rubberwarp right :yinyang:

• Like 3

Really comming on these girls now @Amarillo slim goldilocks x zuel are putting on a nice showing now..pretty identical in terms of size and structure but #1 is a week or so further forward in terms of flowering, getting some budletts on her now.. gonna have a decent main cola with some equally impressive lower side laterals looking at it.. gave them all a bit of a prune and tidy up yesterday and will prob just let them get on with it now..large.20220728_211920_compress42.jpglarge.20220728_211853_compress5.jpgaside from the tall fuking triffid fuking non flowering auto to the left these are all yours..

Bottom moving clockwise

MWF

GOLDILOCKS X ZUEL #1

MWFXSCXRW 

large.20220728_211737_compress12.jpgGOLDILOCKS X ZUEL #2

large.20220728_211445_compress63.jpgGoldilocks x zuel #1

large.20220728_211307_compress75.jpgmwf#1

Goldilocks x zuel #1

Mwfxscxrw 

Rubberwarp 

Mwf#2

large.20220728_211129_compress8.jpglarge.20220728_211156_compress21.jpglast 2

Mwfxscxrw 

Goldilocks x zuel #1

• Like 4

Lovely stuff @Revive, you're doing a cracking job with these girls... 

I can't stop eye humping the bigger GL x ZUEL, that first pic of her in your last post, really showing a nice 'open' structure with perfectly distanced future bud sites, should lead to lots of perfectly formed buds.. And hopefully reduce chance of mold with ample airflow through the plant... All that, but I think it would still be fair to describe the plant as 'compact', a good manageable size which not only helps with end quality and reduced management (less support required, easier harvesting, mold), but also good for stealth reasons, and getting more plants into a space...  Idea is getting something which would be highly suited to 'field production', that is growing like an ag crop in legal setting, high yields of consistent quality end product... 

See how these do, I've got different paths I can take to teak it, like using a more NLD leaning line of ZUEL as donor vs the purely inbred version of parent used in the test cross...  Obviously also looking for anything new in the GL, but so far they seem quite uniform for many traits, and selection will mainly be based on finish time, mold resistance and quality & quantity of resin.  

Im gonna dig out a pic of the MWF(xsc?) parent used in the Rubberwarp X you've got going, give you some idea of whats going on in there...  Cheers 

And to answer you're previous question, yes I used to smoke like a chimney when younger, stopped about 7 years ago for mental health reasons and have been relying on testers since.  I don't see this as such an impairment, as I'm sure its also possible that people limit potential of their work by relying too heavily on purely there own testing, which leads to a pretty one sided assessment of whats desirable or not imo, given how various things can effect people differently, and of course personal preferences...  I certainly get 'data' to go off than if I smoked THC stuff (still thoroughly enjoy smoking CBG flower)...  

• Like 1

Here she is, still not 100% sure if she was a X or just a straight MWF F4, as I know I had a couple S1s of my F3 donor as seedlings that year, but got mixed up when placing out...  The Sc being the only cross she could have been, but really would have expected bigger / later plants from that, so I'm leaning more now towards it being a plain MWF (different line to those sold)...   

Anyway, enough babbling...

large_MWFf.jpglarge_MWFx.jpg

Dried into real nice looking flower, with a slight 'sponginess' to it...  Like I said very little smell, but what was there was pleasant...   Moldproof. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

you're doing a cracking job with these girls... 

Hey slim.. thanks man :yep: I wanted to do them some justice for you so good to hear your pleased with the results your seeing..

10 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

I can't stop eye humping the bigger GL x ZUEL, that first pic of her in your last post, really showing a nice 'open' structure with perfectly distanced future bud sites, should lead to lots of perfectly formed buds.

She's a cracker mate.. its quite difficult to get a decent pic of her unlike her sister in the main part of the plot..this part of the plot is elevated and with the surrounding vegetation kept low theres nothing behind her to contrast against..pics really don't do her justice.. the structure looks to be perfect for GG.. shes quite tall now mind about 5.5/6 feet id say.. im not sure if it was the early training but I agree she is still compact in terms of lots of side branching..its just the way they grow lots of space is left between them, really liking this about them.. I cant wait to see her in flower tbf mate..from what I've seen so far and your vision for what direction you want to take this id say your already pretty dam close to a winner..if she performs well during flower and has good rot resistance then its nailed on as far as growing goes.. I already wonder what the smoke will be like :)

Im gonna dig out a pic of the MWF(xsc?) parent used in the Rubberwarp X you've got going, give you some idea of whats going on in there...  Cheers 

Just seen this but it seems your not sure if its the same.. that looks lovely though mate.. isn't MWF much more dense and branching than the girl in that pic though? None of the ones I've grown have that kind of structure from what I remember..shes a pretty1 isn't she..

I'm sure its also possible that people limit potential of their work by relying too heavily on purely there own testing, which leads to a pretty one sided assessment of whats desirable or not imo, given how various things can effect people differently, and of course personal preferences...  

Oh for sure,its gotta be better to have a wider opinions.. just your own judgement may reflex more on what you want and like and as you say everyone has diff likes wants and needs.. with lots of opinions its easy to join up the dots i would have thought with common denominations .. lots of folk stop smoking weed as it plays havoc with there mental health.. whats your view on this slim as I know this plays a huge part in its prohibition?

At least you still get to smoke some CBG flower.. do you vape that? Don't know much about CBG strains..

Slim if you do find a pic that your sure is the mwf/sc cross id love to see it :yep:

Be lucky mate :yinyang:

large.20220731_204713_compress23.jpglarge.20220731_203655_compress26.jpgGoldilocks x zuel #2

Goldilocks x zuel #1large.20220731_203723_compress27.jpglarge.20220731_203714_compress21.jpgrubberwarp

Mwfxscxrw large.20220731_203815_compress19.jpglarge.20220731_203607_compress5.jpgmwf #1

Mwf #2large.20220731_203945_compress24.jpggroup shot. From bottom clockwise.

Mwf 1

Goldilocks x zuel #1

Mwfxscxrw 

Rubberwarp 

Mwf#2

@Amarillo slim

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 10:27 PM, Revive said:

Just seen this but it seems your not sure if its the same.. that looks lovely though mate..

That in pic is 100% the parent, its just I'm not sure if she was a straight MWF or hybrid...

isn't MWF much more dense and branching than the girl in that pic though?

I produced various F2s, taking the line in different directions, as well as various F3s, she would be F4 and at that an outlier from a sister batch to what was sold.  The dense structure thing is mostly a trait in the ones I decided to sell... 

whats your view on this slim as I know this plays a huge part in its prohibition?

Supposedly it does, but reality is same as most drugs, its for bullshit political reasons. If it was really about looking after the public based off data then they would have de-criminalised / legalised most drugs when David Nutt produced a study showing how benign they are.  

America decided to demonise weed with propaganda, for largely racist reasons, Britain likes to follow America with these things... Of course there are also reasons like people in power having anterior reasons to keep it illegal, as some are linked to the money being made from medical, which wouldn't be nearly as lucrative if people could just grow / source their own meds with no money changing hands...  

Lets face it, its not exactly like prohibition is really stopping anyone from smoking weed is it?  They can't even claim to be effectively reducing use. All illegality is doing is risking people health with unregulated growing and funding organised crime, things which you'd think they might give a fuck about.. Its a joke.  

Non of that is to say that there aren't any negatives to smoking, I think people often go to far the other way thinking that it's harmless.  THC on its own is an extremely powerful drug, and can really fuck with people with pre-existing conditions (or totally healthy) , obviously with other cannibanoids, terpenes etc, these effects can be kept in check, but with how genetics and growing have changed under prohibition, we've got a situation where lots of weed available has really low CBD, and is very high potency per gram, which isn't good news for the mental health of smokers...  Obviously still time and a place for ultra potent stuff but people should have access to healthier alternatives for more regular use imo...

At least you still get to smoke some CBG flower.. do you vape that? Don't know much about CBG strains..

Nah just smoke it straight mostly, or with a little bit of tobacco mixed in.  Its the future I'm sure. Want to make CBG versions of some of my lines but really not easy to do without access and funding for lab testing to aid selections, so won't be any time soon, or at least not as 'pure' high CBG low THC varieties.  

17 hours ago, Revive said:

group shot. From bottom clockwise.

Great pics, cheers :yep:  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

That in pic is 100% the parent, its just I'm not sure if she was a straight MWF or hybrid.

I produced various F2s, taking the line in different directions, as well as various F3s, she would be F4 and at that an outlier from a sister batch to what was sold.  The dense structure thing is mostly a trait in the ones I decided to sell... 

That makes much more sense now you put it like that..can i ask why you never marketed any of the others slim? She's lovely in that pic and would make great for a stealthy garden grow or somewhere they would need to be hidden..although that is infact a trait of where it ended up..

Lets face it, its not exactly like prohibition is really stopping anyone from smoking weed is it?  

No and I guess it never will, infact some will even be attracted by this fact.. I think its just all the other shit that comes part and parcel with it being illegal is whats most damaging..  crime for 1.. the amount of government money that is wasted enforcing it is just a huge waste imo and could go to much better use.. dealers would not exist cause there would not be any real value to it anymore if we was all allowed to grow our own.. I just dont understand there thinking.. how or why isn't booze illegal for the same reasons..look what that does to folks mental health.. this is something that causes a real physical addiction and the cause of many problems in society.. the shit folk get up to when there drunk is mental tbh I mean who really carries on like that when they have had a smoke.. not very many..there fuking bonkers mate if you ask me..  

Even if legal not everyone will grow it so the government can still make money from medical dispensaries just like they do elsewhere.. we are just so fuking far behind in this country dude its quite shocking really..

On 01/08/2022 at 6:42 PM, Amarillo slim said:

Nah just smoke it straight mostly, or with a little bit of tobacco mixed in.  Its the future I'm sure.

I guess still being able to smoke a joint has made it easier for you even without the high..

What about edibles slim do you partake?

I've mates that can't smoke it anymore cause it just makes them so parra but will take edibles not have the same issues..it is a diff buzz I find but I do love a big ol stinky banger personally..

Do you grow cbg strains for your own consumption mate? Any you recommend?

• Like 3