Revive

@OldFord very kind words as always, thanks buddy :yep:

Yeah that GLZ#1 is something else, ive never grown a plant like that in my life.. shes buds on buds man so I pray she can finish.. the sister on here is also really pretty special but stuck behind the big super skunk and gelato.. she is huge mate just slightly diff structure and bud formation..

Yeah the MWF is a shame.. she was a big girl for this var, pretty wide and smelt divine tbh.. this 1 and the auto pheno are the only things that let this strain down but we are running the gauntlet outdoors in the UK as you know so we cant have it all can we..luckily I harvest the sister with very minamal bot.  Caught her just at the right time I think..

Shit dude what happened to the GG spot? Take it she was in a pot if you bought her home.. tbh this one needs to be straight in the mud I reckon.. im kicking myself for not taking a cut of that beauty, she's gonna be close to a 0.5kg if she finishes I reckon.. 

Its all going on right now mate excitement and worry all rolled into 1 lol

Theres a big bounty to be had this season by the looks of it butlast season wasn't to shabby so I should have the jars to cater..bought shit loads of big bastards last season so if I fill them all ill be more than happy..

Be well brother and be lucky :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

Thats shit news about loosing the MWF @Revive, but at least got the sister in before she suffered the same fate. Always surprising just how quick mold can spread when conditions are right for it.  

Visited a plot with quite a few rubberwarps the other day, and am seeing some leafy growth like that but only on the crinkly leaved ones, so I think its as a result of / linked with those phenotypes.  I was slightly surprised at how much variation there still seemed to be popping out of them, some new things, some old ones which I'd hoped to have reduced frequency of etc.. So think another round of selfing in order before using in outcrossing. Just bought back 2 very nice plants for re-veg, one fully cooked with nice chunky buds with the unique smell, one a little later, slightly less pungent but generally bigger plant. So will work from those to narrow things down more...   

On 9/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, Revive said:

for not taking a cut of that beauty,

The GL x ZUEL?  I reckon if you look towards base of main stem there will be some underdeveloped small branches which could be rooted as cuts relatively easily. And looks like could well be worth doing, she is a fine lady indeed...  Getting much smells from her yet?  Ive noticed some seem to have pronounced tropical funk and others bit more bland (like the GG3), also fair bit of disparity with resin coverage, though mostly good.  

Thanks for the updates, been really enjoying following along, cheers 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Thats shit news about loosing the MWF @Revive, but at least got the sister in before she suffered the same fate.

I'm gutted tbh slim and mainly cause I just love this strain and its the last of.. I did get a warning on 1 or 2 buds but they both had those fury thistle seeds that fly about stuck to them so thought it was induced by those.. I wish i took her now although she would have prob been just outside her harvest window.. this pheno isn't as resistant as the darker green ones and shame really as she was packing a good bit. I wasn't gonna take the same chance with the sister and I was lucky she started to gojust inside her harvest window.. some rock solid nugs on that 1.. there like stones man :yep: 

43 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Visited a plot with quite a few rubberwarps the other day, and am seeing some leafy growth like that but only on the crinkly leaved ones, so I think its as a result of / linked with those phenotypes.

Yeah makes sense as the smaller 1 on my auto plot hasn't gone the same way and she never suffered the crinkly leaf growth like the other..

She did grow out of that just before she started to flower but it came back not long after.. the leaves are kinda rough too bit thicker in texture when you touch them ya no..  some real musky tones are comming off her mind more so than the smoother leafed 1.. I wonder what the buds will be like on the leafy ones as they do seem further behind or I may just be slow bud development..  some more work to do with these as you say.. really odd smell from the crinkly 1 as I say musky but more complex  with something else going on that hasn't quite developed just yet, an odd lingering ya know?

55 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Just bought back 2 very nice plants for re-veg, one fully cooked with nice chunky buds with the unique smell, one a little later, slightly less pungent but generally bigger plant. So will work from those to narrow things down more...   

Rubberwarps?? Mine seem along way off just yet or are you talking about something else?

57 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

The GL x ZUEL?  I reckon if you look towards base of main stem there will be some underdeveloped small branches which could be rooted as cuts relatively easily. And looks like could well be worth doing, she is a fine lady indeed...

I thought she was to far gone tbh but im gonna go there later.. im on that later, I did clip out some of the smaller lower stuff for airflow but im sure I can find a small underdeveloped shoot.. I hope so cause ive never seen anything like her.. she will be a trimmers dream too as she's more bud than anything.. ill try get some smells off her later but ive normally brushed up against a few by the time I reach her so quite hard to pin point.. last time I was getting some fuel type smell from her, no so much fruity but again quite a musky undertone.. I go into auto pilot when I get on the plot so im checking as i move you no how it is so im reeking of all sorts. Lets see tonight something on the tropical spectrum would be welcome..

She a special plant for sure..slim you got any GLZ out that resemble her??

Her sister we cant really see anymore but she is packing too.. we may get a better look of her soon cause the plant ive got next to her is suffering from bot and being a lil too young to bring home she is losing limbs every visit.. another week I think GLZ#2 will be in full view..shes a cracker too just a bit more leaf and slightly diff bud structure, more of a lump to so cant wait to show her off a bit more.. 

And let's no forget the MWFXSCXRW..so impressive again.. shes gonna have some big old rockets on her and seems to have a lil cheesey funk going on, smells very nice.. im never great at explaining the diff terps, its quite hard to pick them out as some seem to be able to.. its more of i know what i like or a smell I cant quite figure that keeps me intrigued.. sometimes you smell something that makes makes you crave for the plant to finish so you can have more of it.. this girl has a lil bit of both, something that I really like and something that is intriguing me that I'm not sure of..this may come through as she starts to finish up but she is certainly peaking my interest, plus I love the way she looks.. shes strong and ridged too,  she just looks like she living her best life almost..

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

Thanks for the updates, been really enjoying following along, cheers 

Slim thank you mate for giving me the pleasure to grow these crackers..they been no trouble really aside from the rubberwarp..

Its been nice to be able to show what I could do with them as I know you put a lot of love into what you do mate..really happy to here you have enjoyed the journey so far.. ill top up the pics later.. few buds shots maybe :yep:

Be lucky @Amarillo slim :yinyang:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Revive said:

bit thicker in texture when you touch them ya no

Yeah thats a trait from the original 'burnt rubber' parent I used for these from the Timewarp S1s. 

40 minutes ago, Revive said:

really odd smell from the crinkly 1 as I say musky but more complex  with something else going on that hasn't quite developed just yet, an odd lingering ya know?

The smells from these are pretty hard to describe. There is similar in the two S2s I made, but the RWs really have an extra element of 'inorganic' coal tar type thing added in..

42 minutes ago, Revive said:

Rubberwarps?? Mine seem along way off just yet or are you talking about something else?

Yep. Just two outliers which happened to be early, most others are a fair way off with some barley just started.  I knew from making these seeds that barring any undesirable traits I'd pretty much just be choosing the earliest, and thats just what I've done. Couple later ones with great smell and resin I've hit with some 'broadwarp' pollen, which may be good for growers at lower lats. But doubt will bother with re-veg for anything else.  

47 minutes ago, Revive said:

.slim you got any GLZ out that resemble her??

Ive got a few out so seeing most expressions / possibilities with these, and certainly have some which are similar, though not so easy to compare without being there to really see / smell details.  I just chopped first ones the other day, fully cooked, very nice easy to trim sparkly flower.  Overall very happy with them, now its just a bit of fine tuning / increasing consistency in the new batch and should be another winner for northern outdoor growing, with no runt phenos, high vigour etc.  

58 minutes ago, Revive said:

im never great at explaining the diff terps, its quite hard to pick them out as some seem to be able to.. its more of i know what i like or a smell I cant quite figure that keeps me intrigued..

Yeah I'm not great at it either, my nose works fine and can easily recognise something I've smelt before and link to the memory of that, but explaining what it smells similar too? Not so easy, unless its quite a distinct scent.   Ive found through testers that smell is really quite subjective, one person might say orange, another grape etc.  Its the plants which you take a sniff, then have to go back for another two or three sniffs, when theres something complex and intriguing or just very unusual...  Its around this time of year that come back  in mirror to see underside of nose totally black with resin...  Just happened other day, almost could have scraped it up to make a little joint with lol  

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Slim thank you mate for giving me the pleasure to grow these crackers..they been no trouble really aside from the rubberwarp..

Its been nice to be able to show what I could do with them as I know you put a lot of love into what you do mate..really happy to here you have enjoyed the journey so far.. ill top up the pics later.. few buds shots maybe :yep:

Be lucky @Amarillo slim :yinyang:

:yep:

• Like 2

@Amarillo slim as promised..

Some bad news bro..my goldilocks x zuel #1 had a spot of rot on a small branch just below the big main cola.. took the whole branch back to the main stem.. wasn't much and the rest of her is fine.. made sure I touched no others to try and get a smell from her for you.. she is like i first thought musky fuel like terps mainly..guessing more on the GG3 spectrum..quite acidic hashy tones are in there too so a resemblance to that.. you called it bland and I no what you mean but I kinda don't mind it tbh.. here she is..large.20220918_180937_compress83.jpglarge.20220918_180946_compress67.jpglarge.20220918_181012_compress89.jpglarge.20220918_181022_compress73.jpglarge.20220918_181330_compress68.jpg

Trichs are getting pretty milky/cloudy although to the eye she looks to have a way to go..I think if can get 2 more weeks she will be inher window id have thought..will the rot hold of that long, who knows mate..

Let's get to goldilocks x zuel #2.. now she has i much diff smell and something that certainly could be called tropical.. some fruity tones comming from her.. not like citrus fruits more darker fruits possibly with a little bit of sweetness thrown in the mix.. Shes a bit behind the sister so a good 3/4 weeks in her i think.. bit more leaf as i said before and she isnt as in the open as much as the other cause shes got 2 big units in front of her but she's doing great.. another week we will get to look at all of her but for now here is some of her..

large.20220918_183229_compress79.jpglarge.20220918_183241_compress57.jpglarge.20220918_183137_compress66.jpgnext up..

Rubber warp.. liking the smells off this girl very intriguing and very complex.. spicy musky some sharpness all going on with something else that love but cant figure out,makes you keep smelling ya no,partly cause you like it and partly cause you just cant work it out.. bit concerned how the buds will turn out as they are developing quite weird and slow with lots of leaf around them there doesn't seem to be much there..very sticky so plenty of resin production.. take a look.large.20220918_181204_compress36.jpglarge.20220918_181223_compress84.jpglarge.20220918_181232_compress89.jpgand finally another of my favs..MWFXSCXRW  cracking on this girl and putting on a lovely show, plenty of leading tops to her and packing on bud nicely.. gonna be some big colas on this girl.. shes got some old school funky kind of smell to her.. possibly a bit cheesey earthyness in there.. here you go mate..large.20220918_181102_compress82.jpglarge.20220918_181114_compress84.jpglarge.20220918_181144_compress35.jpglarge.20220918_181150_compress41.jpglarge.20220918_184553_compress49.jpgall good so far man just that 1 bit of fuzz on the GLZ :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 6

Really nice man. I can see some influence from UEL sativa pheno in the first goldilocks x ZEL. I have some ultra early love sativa x Wild Thai ryder and the buds look very similar. The goldilocks has added some chunk no doubt. Think you picked out the sativas from UEL just like Arnold did didn't you @amarillo slim

Edited by geo1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lil update here @Amarillo slim

So after getting hit multiple times by bot and the weather forcast ahead my goldilocks x zuel #1 has bit the dust.. she could ideally have gone 1 more week.. she was in her window with milky trichs and a scatter of amber here and there so she was mature enough not to be risked any further.. taken in 2 visits but feed the dry tent well.. her sister has already suffered a bit of rot and is still about 2 weeks off id say..she lost a big branch but this girl is still packing plenty..

So all that's left now is her and the Mwfxscxrw and the rubberwarp.. now the smells comming from these 2 are very close to identical, the Mwfxscxrw seems to have favoured the rubberwarp in the cross andim happy about that cause its right up my street.. some musky spicy smells comming from these now with the Mwfxscxrw seeming a lil more funky..

Both zero mold and are pretty close to done by the looksof the milky trichs.. some hench buds on the Mwfxscxrw, she's another special 1 so glad i backed her up.. buds are solid and some of the colas on her are a good 2ft+ long.. I cant wait for these 2 some real special smells that just make me want to keep sniffing.. ive had so drama on the plot so limited pics but ill get some better ones later..large.20220927_214605_compress49.jpglarge.20220927_222417_compress58.jpglarge.20220927_222426_compress13.jpgsome harvested bud on the GZ #1

Mwfxscxrw 

large.20220930_142441_compress10.jpg

large.20220930_142056_compress34.jpglarge.20220930_142217_compress85.jpg

Rubberwarp 

large.20220930_142153_compress85.jpglarge.20220930_142137_compress84.jpg

Goldilocks x zuel #2

large.20220930_144859_compress19.jpglarge.20220930_144821_compress34.jpglarge.20220930_144814_compress27.jpgall done for now slim :yep:

• Like 6

Mwfxscxrw is down @Amarillo slim

I really pleased ive got this 1 backed up.. shes another special plant mate..had a feeling this 1 would come good.. massive yield and zero rot apart from the top inch or 2 of 1cola that I found yesterday.. flowered for 8 weeks 80/20 milky amber :yep: buds are dense as fuk, and ohmy the smells off this 1 is incredible.. just the rubberwarp and the goldilocks x zuel #2 left now mate..  oh i think I've got a better pic of that GZ nowlarge.20221002_180730_compress71.jpgthere you go mate, in all her glory ;)

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much all these girls are down now @Amarillo slim some lowers left here and there but ive managed to get the bulk of it over the line.. some of these girls made some big weights particularly the GZ#1 and MWFXSCXRW both yielded over a pound of dry bud off the stick..very impressed with that for outdoor UK and is a PB for me from a single outdoor plant.. great bit of cooking mate these are some real cracking strains that was a pleasure to grow :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 4