Revive

Hey guys and girls.. this isn't a diary as such as just a lil place i can drop some pics with the odd brief update..

This season thrown in the mix is a few of @Amarillo slim,s creations.. others have had the pleasure of growing MWF but ive a few other bits of his work which the man himself has gifted me.. slim much appreciated squire..

I will be covering these in my main diary so there will be more detail on them as time goes on and  documented there :yep:

As I say its more of a pic dump this thread, I lil shortcut to the joys of this man's work..

Have a great season folks, let's get the show on :)

Be lucky

Revive :yinyang:large.20220614_211214_compress26.jpglarge.20220614_211231_compress5.jpglarge.20220614_211242_compress78.jpglarge.20220614_211249_compress68.jpglarge.20220614_211257_compress25.jpglarge.20220614_212316_compress83.jpgso from top to bottom..

MWF

GOLDILOCKS X ZUEL 

MWFXSCXRW 

RUBBERWARP 

MWF

GOLDILOCKS X ZUEL 

the rubberwarp got attacked by slugs but is starting to recover slowly.. 

The smaller MWF didn't settle well but is trying  bless her..

The x2 goldilocks x zuel went out at diff times and was also germed a week or so apart hence there size..the smaller 1 did almost get dug up by something not long after she went out but seemed undamaged..I slightly relocated her back to the center of the hole and she seems ok.. 

MWFXSCXRW is doing really well now as u can see but she was a lil slow too to start with.. weather is better now but all these girls had a very wet start to life out in the wild.. im sure they will put on a nice show for us all :yinyang:

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Ccs141 said:

Nice man think we've got one zuel at plot hope all goes well dude :yinyang:

Cool bro.. lets see how she does.. ive a couple so should get something over the finish line hopefully :yep:

• Like 1

Yeah man be following along see how slims stuff does had a few beens but dident pop so will just have to see how the zuel does bet she's a beauty tho u ever done it before :yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, Ccs141 said:

Yeah man be following along see how slims stuff does had a few beens but dident pop so will just have to see how the zuel does bet she's a beauty tho u ever done it before :yinyang:

Na bud  never ran it.. the 2 im running are a cross slim has been playing with lately if im not mistaken.. goldilocks being gg#3 x warlock then crossed with his zuel  so hopefully something nice comes from it.. ive faith in his work so it will be a nice suprise to see what they become..

the MWF x swiss chesse x rubberwarp is what really interests me, I've only got 1 but she's doing great and already looks like she will be a winner.. really healthy looking and filling her cage..

Be lucky bro :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

@Revive   Looking good mucker :yep:    Nice and healthy ,  the slime brigade have been pretty reserved this year  , only 2 plants but they have killed them , 2 of Brocks SHD's and its harder to swallow as they were well into flower.   

The GLZ is slow to get moving then it just explodes with vigour :)       Mines are twice the size of any of the others & the MWF is simply a wonderful nugget to have in the jars :yep:

Keep the hard work up and it will be chop time before you know it.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@Revive   Looking good mucker :yep:    Nice and healthy ,  the slime brigade have been pretty reserved this year  , only 2 plants but they have killed them , 2 of Brocks SHD's and its harder to swallow as they were well into flower.   

The GLZ is slow to get moving then it just explodes with vigour :)       Mines are twice the size of any of the others & the MWF is simply a wonderful nugget to have in the jars :yep:

Keep the hard work up and it will be chop time before you know it.   

Thanks buddy.. 1 of my GLZ is having her moment at last so pleased with her.. the other 1 was a bit behind her in plant out as got disturbed by the lil digger ive had on the plot.. she will have her time at some point im sure mate..cant say anything bad on MWF its a banging lil plant and my only gripe is yield really, only cause its so nice and flavoursome..well i do have another gripe infact.. we can't buy anymore.. hopefully some crosses of these in the future is what we can wish for :yep:

Looking forward to seeing how that quartet is getting on for you..

Keep up the great work squire :yinyang:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldFord said:

@Revive    The mwf will return ;)    Yeah its a great smoke mate,  im trying a few methods to bulk her up a bit ... time will tell :yep:

Yeah I heard a whisper ;)

I find its a tricky 1 with her cause she already has really tight internodes so grows really  bushy.. not a lot of height to her mind, although this makes her perfect for folk needing to stay below the hedge or fence line. Tbh mate if I could id just grow more of them and let them crack on and do there thing.. im very happy and lucky to have had her around these last 2 seasons,but if she ever makes a comeback then ill be 1 of the first in the queue :)

All the best to you sir :yinyang:

• Like 2

Nice one for starting this thread @Revive... I was looking in your general diary the other day, but with so many different things on the go it was hard scrolling up to see what pics where what... 

Plants looking great, except for the poor rubberwarp.  Hopefully she picks up after recovering / settling in.  I'd expect decreased vigour compared to some of the others as a result of inbred nature. Similarly I've got a bunch of GL S1 next to GL x ZUEL, the S1s looking like they are a week behind (seedlings)... The rubber warp is 'F4' with to generations of selfing, so no heterosis like with the hybridised plants.  

20 hours ago, Revive said:

the 2 im running are a cross slim has been playing with lately if im not mistaken.. goldilocks being gg#3 x warlock then crossed with his zuel  so hopefully something nice comes from it.. ive faith in his work so it will be a nice suprise to see what they become..

Yep, Goldilocks being the individual selected last year from the F2 population. With the line referred to simply as Goldlock. Crossed her with the main ZUEL F1 selected from last year as a test cross - to asses compatibility, see whats possible.  This year will be selecting from larger group of Goldlock F3s (Goldilocks S1s), to find a final parent for use in this cross, as well as taking the ZUEL to full auto (F3), before then combining to two to re-create the cross, with superior, more inbred parents, seeds from which will then be made available.  Theres a lot of thought behind the cross, but main goal here is for the end quality to be very high, indoor type flower, resembling something like Jack herer (though obviously not as potent)...  Theres a chance these initial hybrids might be slightly prone to botrytis in later stages of flowering, though this is obviously whether / location dependant. In any case the quality of the flower which is harvested should make up for potential losses. And this will be resolved (if it is an issue) with the new selections this year.  

MWF are short compact plants, which means lower yield per plant, but when measuring by square meter / time, its actually pretty good. I think it was lively who grew a stunning example in a garden the other year, was all bud with very little waste on leaf and stem, wasn't a big plant by any stretch but yielded 5oz iirc.  I never really breed for yield PP.  

Im working on new MWF as well as various crosses.  The trouble with the line is sterility following inbreeding. And some negative recessive traits that rise their heads.  Its possible this year I will be able to make a batch of (MWF x RW) x (MWF x ZUEL) , as a kind of double cross. All individuals used being very nice examples. The only thing which might through a spanner in the works is the sterile nature of the MWF parent used in the MWF x RW, and wether the cross will bare any reasonable amount of seed when pollinated.  Time will tell... If it does work these seeds should be an all-round improvement on straight MWF that was previously offered.  

A flower from the near sterile MWF parent mentioned.  

large.MWF2021.JPG

• Like 6

@Amarillo slim thanks buddy.. i thought this would make it easier for you to check in on your work so i had that in mind..  lots going on in my main diary as you say so this is a lil shortcut for ya :yep:

yeah the poor rubberwarp is hanging in there, she may well come into her own you know how it goes sometimes.. she has her spot and she's alive and growing so we will just wait and see what she becomes..

The rest are cracking on and its very early bells before I can make any judgment on anything..

The Mwfxscxrw is looking impressive though mate.. filling her cage fast so she looks to be a real winner. Ive got another rubberwarp on my auto plot too so hopefully 1 of them puts a show on for me, ill try grab the odd pic of her here and there but its a cheeky plain sight jobbie so its nights here only.. 

Slim thanks for dropping all that info in my thread..good to no exactly whats what for me and anyone following this..

Shame about the sterility on the MWF awsome plant and loved by all lucky enough to grow her but good news to here she isn't completely finished yet.. mwf 2.0 bring it on :yep:

I'll be dropping pics here for you from now on buddy, I see from your post you have lots going on and the cooking is keeping you busy so will tag you in new posts with pics as a reminder.. 

Thanks for giving me the pleasure of growing these out bro.. hopefully I'll do your hard work proud :)

Be lucky slim :yinyang:

• Like 2

Few more pics after todays plot visit.. they clearly enjoyed there lil splash of comfrey last visit..from top to bottom..

Mwf

Goldilocks x zuel 

Mwfxscxrw 

Rubberwarp 

Mwf

Goldilocks x zuel 

large.20220619_204230_compress16.jpglarge.20220619_204252_compress51.jpglarge.20220619_204349_compress42.jpglarge.20220619_204402_compress29.jpglarge.20220619_204412_compress59.jpglarge.20220619_205245_compress51.jpglarge.20220619_211246_compress46.jpg

Goldilocks x zuel.. last pic same plant bent over a tad and staked.. the poor lil Rubberwarp that was attacked is trying bless her.. not sure what with the discolouration of that single leaf but she is moving..  same as the lil mwf.. the comfrey seems to have kicked them on a bit 

@Amarillo slim 

Peace 

• Like 2

Wow, nice update. They've shot up already and looking super healthy...  Can't beat nettle/comfrey tea in nice amended organic soil...  Funnily enough the Goldilocks from last year was getting a good amount on comfrey. There was a patch of it growing near by, so I would cut a bunch of leaves then 'mulch' around the base with them.  

Nice fat afghanica leaves on the (MWF x SC) x RW.  No doubt some nice chunky dense buds on her later in the year...  The GL x ZUEL at the end looks like she might grow into a bit of a monster!  Wise move training her to go sideways early on...  

That rubberwarp has the look about it like something which could have happened in the forming of the seed, or slight genetic issue from the inbreeding.. In either case most plants will grow out of it once they get going...  The mother did have some proneness to yellowing on fans (I was applying chemical feed which I concluded had bought it on), but really no big deal and otherwise she was one of the best plants from the season. 

I'd give her another 10 days to turn it around before giving up on her...  

Cheers 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

I'd give her another 10 days to turn it around before giving up on her...  

Hey buddy.. ill not be giving up on her thats for sure.. she has her spot and ill not be taking that from her so we will just see how she goes..

Yeah mate the Mwfxscxrw looks lush.. really impressed with her as you say some big fat leaves on this lil lady.. I need to release her from the cage really but ive had a digger on this part of the plot so im a lol worried to do so.. I think she needs it mind.. she really is a stand out from the bunch.. both goldilocks x zuel are sweet they was planted out about a week apartwith the smaller 1 being nearly dug up so there was some shock to her but she's on the move again..the bigger 1is deffo having her moment and as you say training has started early :yep:

Both rubberwarps are struggling a lil bit.. the slug victim is moving now and its just the 1 yellow leaf on her really and I saw the other on my auto plot yesterday too and she hasn't moved much and is just sitting but healthy enough so she hopefully get her groove on soon mate.. all in all no real worries as such... ill just let the girls and mother nature work it out..

Ill hit them with some more comfrey at the weekend.. maybe I lil stronger as the first was like 20/1 half strenth really..

Thanks for the bits of info on the rubberwarp slim I reckon they will be ok given some time.

Be lucky mate :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

Few more pics of how these lil ladys are looking @Amarillo slim the rubberwarp is trying her best and has made some progress.. all are doing pretty well tbf but most impressed by the Mwfxscxrw.. really getting her groove on now and seems really happy.. ive removed the cages on all of them except the goldilocks x zuel thats on the main part of the plot, she is well out of her cage now anyway and again doing really well and loving life.. took these this eve after giving them a lil drink of homemade comfrey..

Been some insect attacks going down on the plot but most of yours are doing ok and just getting on with it..

Here you go buddy.. :yep:

from top to bottom..

Goldilocks x zuel 

Mwf

Goldilocks x zuel 

Mwfxscxrw 

rubberwarp 

mwf

large.20220626_213146_compress41.jpglarge.20220626_212739_compress56.jpglarge.20220626_212755_compress65.jpglarge.20220626_212805_compress54.jpglarge.20220626_212813_compress67.jpglarge.20220624_210807_compress78.jpg

• Like 4