IMPORTANT: HPLVD

blackpoolbouncer

This thread is doing wanders for my clone/mother envy lol All jokes aside though I hope its not too late to nip this in the bud, at least this side of the pond. Must be absolutely heart breaking to put all that time into breeding and developing a strain/nursery just to have it all destroyed.

• Like 4
Just now, MindSoup said:

This thread is doing wanders for my clone/mother envy lol All jokes aside though I hope its not too late to nip this in the bud, at least this side of the pond. Must be absolutely heart breaking to put all that time into breeding and developing a strain/nursery just to have it all destroyed.

I highly doubt it, there was another clone page saying he was going to start doing "Cali" cuts for the measly sum £1000.

A bag of sand for hlvd, no thanks lol

• Like 3
Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

I find cuttings to be cheating

Really mate, without others "cheating" you wouldn't have disco biscuit, cheese, psychosis, ssh, lemon Haze, pretty much the building blocks of so many loved strains that we all love running now. 

I'll be honest this just comes across as sour grapes. 

• Like 8

lol the internet didn't exist when most of those I mentioned were found and selling clones ain't no new thing either. 

Have a bit decorum when lads are losing years worth of work to this shit rather then coming in and waving your cock about but because you haven't got it.  

• Like 5

In nearly 20 years of growing I've probably only had one handful of 10/10 phenos from seed form. Yes I have had some good nice smokes but maybe 5 absolute belters and Ive popped plenty of seeds in that time. I think the clone sellers are done now. It will be everywhere this viroid now. 

• Like 6

lol have a word with yourself mate, I've got a fridge full of seeds, several mother's that are clean and I've purchased cuts twice in 15 year of doing this for the pricey sum of around 200 notes, everything else has been gifted from mates. Hunted seeds for the best part 13 of those 15 years and like has been said I've probably found 5 10/10 plants in that time, so yeah I took a punt on some cuts I fancied. 

Nice with the fuck you aswell but you're right I'm triggered lol

You do realise mikey that this doesn't just affect those who buy clones. It is being accidentally spread all over when no money is traded. 

Il be honest mate. Its not a good look. Its bad news for the industry. Its not as simple as "fuck them for buying clones on insta"  

If it has made it into my library it will be from a plant found from seed that's been infected by another plant. I've never even seen the plant that may be the reason for the demise of my library. 

And yea. Other than ssh and yuzu it will be the years of hard work sifting thrufh hundreds of seeds that's lost. That's what will really hurt. Losing my very very specific medicine and years of hard work and clones that can't be replaced with money to boot when I've never even grown a single clone that's been paid for.

This shit sucks.......I've got everythincrossed.d I've avoided it and the library is safe

E2a. It's also not as simple as "I'll just grow from seed" 

Cos there's a real chance breeders are gonna lose parents. With no parents there's no seeds. 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 16

This has been in amongst my girls and four others I know of, without a penny or cent spent.

The spirit of most decent, honest growers is to share the special plants with those they deem able to appreciate them. 

This is a massive cunt of a situation that is affecting and going to affect everyone that grows. 

54 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

My smoke isn’t 10/10. Maybe I should buy some of Instagram lol 

Withnailed, can't be arsed. 

Edited by ukbudz
Withnail
  • Like 1

@mikeydoughnut I don't think you understand mate.  Whether you pay for cuttings or not, it's going to affect you.  These seeds that you like hunting through, the breeders doing the work for you regularly pass cuttings between each other.  This is going to massively affect you too. 

This can stay dormant for years, so it's not so simple to avoid.  And Where's the greed in passing cuts between pals?  

It's more about keeping a genetic alive, so that someone in the future can create more beans for you to hunt through from fantastic genetics as a base. 

Well I had the clone faerie booked in for a delivery next week (a mate who runs from seed exclusively so technically a closed shop) but I'm pretty much certain I don't want his plants now , eeesh this is giving me the right fear 

:yinyang:

• Like 2