IMPORTANT: HPLVD

blackpoolbouncer

What a shitter @fatboy77. That's the same source mine came from. 

A lad on insta was talking with inhouse last night as he bought seeds and had the plants tested after dealing with it from cuts for 2 years and one of his seed plants tested positive but for low levels :mellow:. Inhouse is gonna pop 50 seeds and then get them tested to see if it has transferred or if he has cross contaminated his own again.

If it does transfer through seed then it has the potential to kill the seed market.

People thought broad/russet mites were bad a few years ago, at least they can be treat with predators or sprays but this can't be. 

I've now locked down cut wise, seed only for the foreseeable. 

• Like 5
Guest anarchycamp
10 minutes ago, ukbudz said:

What a shitter @fatboy77. That's the same source mine came from. 

A lad on insta was talking with inhouse last night as he bought seeds and had the plants tested after dealing with it from cuts for 2 years and one of his seed plants tested positive but for low levels :mellow:. Inhouse is gonna pop 50 seeds and then get them tested to see if it has transferred or if he has cross contaminated his own again.

If it does transfer through seed then it has the potential to kill the seed market.

People thought broad/russet mites were bad a few years ago, at least they can be treat with predators or sprays but this can't be. 

I've now locked down cut wise, seed only for the foreseeable. 

Hope not,but it sounds more like he hasn't got rid of it in the first place

@anarchycamp maybe but the lad had repeatedly cleaned his room before reintroducing seeds and purchased all new scissors for each individual plant as well as changing gloves between each plant. If it can still spread using these control measures then it seems it spreads a lot easier then first thought. 

Inhouse was leaning closer towards the false positive route rather then the cross contamination.

• Like 2

Along with the possibility of seeds becoming infected, I've also heard that there's a possibility of transmission through the root zone if plants are sharing the same soil. Probably more an issue to be aware of for any living soil folks growing in raised beds. 

Why have all the viruses suddenly decided to fuck everything good in the world? It's like they all had a little get together in secret and hatched a plan to make our lives miserable. lol

• Like 4
Just now, NezA said:

Along with the possibility of seeds becoming infected, I've also heard that there's a possibility of transmission through the root zone if plants are sharing the same soil. Probably more an issue to be aware of for any living soil folks growing in raised beds. 

Big issue for those using aeroponic cloning too.  Why I'm binning my clones. 

Just now, NezA said:

Why have all the viruses suddenly decided to fuck everything good in the world? It's like they all had a little get together in secret and hatched a plan to make our lives miserable. lol

Mother nature sure is pissed mate, shits gonna keep piling on.  I say good on ya girl, us humans are a vile bacteria! 

@fatboy77 didn't even think about aeroponic cloners I suppose it's the same for RDWC as well. Fucking nightmare fuel!

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Mother nature sure is pissed mate, shits gonna keep piling on.  I say good on ya girl, us humans are a vile bacteria! 

Without a doubt I said something similar to a friend recently but decided "parasite" was a more fitting description, but the sentiment is exactly the same. It's a sad state of affairs, she'll get truly fed up soon and that's when it'll get really miserable.

• Like 4

I hope it doesn't stay in living soil as I've just potted me London lemon Mac and premier sweets up into mine :wallbash:.

It's looking like defcon 1 will be reached soon and everything will be binned. 

I've got my fingers and toes crossed this isn't as bad as first thought and that there will be some more research coming out soon proving this but I can't see anything changing in the next 12-18 months.

• Like 3

Still too early to say anything conclusive @ukbudz the seed and root zone stuff is still very much anecdotal from my understanding, but the best approach would be to excercise caution until the routes of transmission have been nailed down properly.

• Like 1

I just had a look to see if you can buy DIY test kits for this and you can but they are extremely expensive, e.g. $800 CAD for 48 tests but that's on top of $12k for the portable machine (fluorometer) you use them in.

I heard recently that there is a huge legal clone trade in Austria which you'd imagine would be affected by this so I tried searching for any news from there on this subject but I couldn't find much, not in English anyway.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, anarchycamp said:

Doubt they'd dare mention it online

Unless it was to say they regularly test for it and their clones are guaranteed HPLVD free...!

• Like 2
Guest anarchycamp
8 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

Unless it was to say they regularly test for it and their clones are guaranteed HPLVD free...!

Thats true, I spoke about getting an order a couple of years ago but it was bulk only at the time and on one of the encrypted messaging apps. They do look a good setup, sure it's in a bunker

Edited by anarchycamp
How to contact them

can I please ask how to spot this virus early or what are the very initial signs or things to look out for, I know it's been mentioned that it can lay dormant for some time @fatboy what are you and others noticing that just ain't right on them plants you have moved into isolation

what are you guys strategies if you haven't got the facilities for tissue culture, 

thanks in advance 4k

• Like 1
  • Mix 8ml of any broad-spectrum bactericide/fungicide such as OxiDate 2.0 (or Zerotol) per liter of water;
  • Dunk freshly cut clone (right after being cut) for 2-3min and then continues the process, letting cutting root as usual;
  • After they root dunk the clone in a mix of 0.5ml of broad-spectrum bactericide/fungicide (such as OxiDate 2.0) per liter of water
  • a start possibly in fighting this virus
  • Like 2