IMPORTANT: HPLVD

blackpoolbouncer

@lush1 because all they grow is stardog

Simples.

When you only grow one clone and its clean it's pretty hard to catch it out of nowhere. 

Many a commercial grow going down, many many commercial growers still totally naive to it and wondering why crop after crop is wank 

• Like 3

Thats correct, most the foreign commercial grows consist of dawg or haze. Mimosa fast became another favourite aswell

The virus is known to be within jungle boys seedstock aswell, reported by a commercial dutch grower elsewhere. 

Edited by Girlrilla

I test all my plants at tumi, iv got 12 vile's ready to test again after 6 months of having results back where I was lucky enough to be all clean. 

Unfortunately a friend who keeps 9 mums had 7 come back positive, one low level & one clean.

Bleaching is mando between taking cuttings from different mothers. I don't think it can spread through touch.

Im pretty sure the spread is through plant sap, so sucking pests may very well be able to spread the virus. Going from host to clean eating.

Going into the new year If I get an all clear I will not be bringing anything in again.

There is a bro science trick to bringing it out of a plant with out testing. 

You dry back until the plant (flops/dehydration) and water / feed it again dependant on substrate this will bring the horrible bastard out and it will not return to it self. Any arms etc that don't come bank are infected.

I woke up this morning and found my rainbow belts flopped but I got some water in her and she's flew back to life. 

This one will be going of for testing so I will keep everybody posted  :yep:

• Like 7
  • 6 months later...

@Unc Flawless

Any update on that plant you had tested? Would be good to know if there is any truth to that trick.

I'm currently growing a few different Gelato 41 phenos and all of the cuts from one mum have much smaller buds than on previous grows. The crop overall is very healthy and there shouldn't be any issues so I'm starting to worry it could be HLV

Just read the whole thread (including all the beef lol)

I feel slightly better now as I'm certain my worrying cuts aren't showing some of the typical traits, and also they're from seed so risk is a bit lower. The mum that gave the cuts im concerned about is getting binned anyway as I'm not impressed with the pheno anyway, but will look to get the keeper mum tested to be safe as they've shared recirculating nutes.

Edit:

Wondering whether it's worth making a summarised thread that could be pinned? It took me several hours to get through 29 pages :headpain:

Could include things like identifying common traits, effective sterilisation methods, problematic strains and breeders, testing facilities available to UK growers etc. Just a thought

Edited by BushDoctoR
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

That depends on if you think you can get aids from finger blasting or not.

dont be mean man, im autistic, i used to think you caould get aids from toilet seats, i think a lot of things that turn out not to be real

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

can this be carried on buds? like if you skin up with some then handle palnts?

I have no idea, but HpLVd aside I think it's always good practice to wash your hands before entering the grow room, particularly if youve handled plant material of any kind or been outside

• Like 4

Conveniently I just posted in the subbie pic thread how to check if your plant's are carrying viruses or just a mutation. Probably very relevant to this thread :yep:

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, brock1 said:

Conveniently I just posted in the subbie pic thread how to check if your plant's are carrying viruses or just a mutation. Probably very relevant to this thread :yep:

yes I just seen that and thought what a wonderfull tool to have in identifying  this very thing

it was the first thing that came into my mind when you posted it,

thankyou

Edited by 4kali
  • Like 2
Just now, 4kali said:

yes I just seen that and thought what a wonderfull tool to have in identifying  this very thing

I will point out also it doesn't matter if your useless at grafting. Even if the graft doesn’t take chances are the virus will spread to the scion. :yep:

• Like 1
Just now, brock1 said:

I will point out also it doesn't matter if your useless at grafting. Even if the graft doesn’t take chances are the virus will spread to the scion. :yep:

Good man, not often I get this much enjoyment from posts but I believe that's  wonderfull information.

I feel as though someone just turned the switch on in my head

Edited by 4kali
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, brock1 said:

Any chance of copying here?

• Like 1