IMPORTANT: HPLVD

blackpoolbouncer

I've dodged a few bullets with clones.. 

The correos's shit service saved me from taking on a handful of the clones mentioned. Especially that fritter. Sounded like a given with that cut. 

Gutted for the lads who got it tho & the lads doing their thing with the clone sales. Was good while it lasted. 

Hate to think how far that shit has spread. 

Guess it's back to hoarding & saving things in seed form. 

Hopefully the price of bud goes up if these clones aren't passed around. & everyone's selections can only be scored via flower etc

• Like 4
Just now, Welsh Tom said:

The correos's shit service saved me from taking on a handful of the clones mentioned. Especially that fritter. Sounded like a given with that cut. 

Gutted for the lads who got it tho & the lads doing their thing with the clone sales. Was good while it lasted. 

Hopefully the price of bud goes up if these clones aren't passed around. & everyone's selections can only be scored via flower etc

i simply dont get this thread wtf ewe banging on about....i reckon its the air in ingerland. lol   awful sorry for ewe lot but ....i`ll keep things going see im above the clouds. :beer:

8 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

That correo did you a massive favour when they killed your cuts lol. Mad how things work out 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I did say on here before I find cuttings to be cheating. But i have no background or insight to ethics and etiquette in this game/hobby.

naive much?

you admit you have no background or insight but still give your "opinion".......

wind your neck in dude....not the first time you've looked a tad jealous, to put it nicely ....

• Like 2

Was meant to post what cuts I've had that were infected last night but took the boy out fishing instead to clear the head.

Apple fritter 

Rhinestone og ( showing symptoms last 2 weeks of flower at the moment )

Lemon tree

Not a extensive list but It doesn't have to be with this fucker as unfortunately many of us are finding out.

After speaking with sargares on insta yesterday, also truecanna and from dark heart nursery videos on YouTube it would seem around 10% of seed bred with a infected plant will carry the viroid :thumbdown:

So if you're not wanting to bring this in I'd avoid any crosses using the above cuts from UK breeders as they have 0 options for testing no matter what they say and even less for meristem tc which is the only way to rid it from a plant. I'd also be wary of US breeders for the time being till they prove there clean. 

I've currently got mimosa, blue dream and vintage blueberry in quarantine in there own tent separate from recent seed runs and will be stress testing them over the coming months to see if they're asymptomatic. If I can get any to show symptoms ( fingers crossed not ) I'll post some pics up in here so it can be easily identifiable. It can also only show on certain parts of the plant and not on others.

It is quite easy to spot once you've got experience with it, lots of lateral growth very little vertical growth, branches snap really easy and cuts will take a while to root ( around 3-4 weeks )

If anyone's using a aeroponic prop then they've probably already spread it amongst the cuts unfortunately as plant sap is it's main transmission route either through water or cutting tools. 

Anyone on here for awhile will remember people were blaming leaf spot fungus and tomato mosaic virus many moons ago and it turned out to be a nothing burger well this certainly isn't. It can and will destroy any mother's you have, not straight away but it can show at any time during a plants life cycle.

Hopefully this thread will save a lot of people some heartache and headache :hippy:

• Like 11

And I was just toying with buying in some clones as I've just discovered this is a thing, but after reading this thread fuck that for a game of soldiers. What a fucking mare for those that have it. Best of luck recovering from it, it sounds like a growers sci fi nightmare come true.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ukbudz said:

would seem around 10% of seed bred with a infected plant will carry the viroid

Ok now I'm really starting to worry. I doubt there are many breeders who haven't got a few of these cuts hanging around by now. On top of that we all know how shady and unscrupulous a lot of breeders/seed sellers can be, I've no doubt some will lie through their teeth to get shot of (possibly) infected stock, quite glad all my recent purchases have been old Dina/HSO stock. 

Still every cloud and all that. I know a lot of people have been quite underwhelmed by the latest wave of US genetics, lots of rushed out, half arsed hacks seem to be making it harder to find reliable genetics, I've not grown any myself, but from the "cali" bud I've seen or smoked it seems to often be the case. Maybe this enforced cull/ reset will take us back to  more of a landrace/classic gene pool and reveal some  exciting and distinctive new varietals.

Thank fuck for subbies...

• Like 7