IMPORTANT: HPLVD

blackpoolbouncer

Personally I’d say all the clone sellers are fucked. 

95% of them are cheap skates who were piggy backing on CC picking up cuts from him (usually without paying by scavving them off others) and then selling on for less. It was in the U.K. before then anyway. Sherlock and others got cuts in from first class and that’s where it’s started. 

Hplvd was only identified a few years ago. It was likely it was well established in the U.K. before then. It was certainly prolific in California by then. No one’s taken it seriously untill the last 6 months because that’s when it’s started fucking everyone up. Everyone testing and using TC stock now etc but really it’s already gotten all over. 

Testing in the U.K. is rather difficult, can’t do pcr unless you some how get samples to Canada or USA. Agdia makes a machine but it’s 12grand. Field test kits exist but they’re inferior and 9 tonne for 24. 

Re seeds: unconfirmed in cannabis but seems likely. Main method of transfer remains dirty cutting tools. 

if you have a brain you should be religiously cleaning scissors between every plant going forward. Clones seeds or not. Can’t trust anything. 

bleach needs 2 minutes to soak. Alcohol DOES NOT WORK. Peroxide is mildly effective but not good enough. The best method honestly is get your dab torch on your scissors. Reliably destroyed in seconds. It’ll ruin your scissors pretty quickly too but better that than your keepers. Other option, even better. Use scalpels and change blade each plant. You’ll go through a lot of scalpels though. 

i got it on my last run. Was just a matter of time though I’ve spent the last few years whoring through every hype cut under the sun. I was aware I was going to get it eventually though so I’ve had my own stuff backed up safe and separate. Luckily it showed early veg for me and I had a load of cuts in 1l pots ready to go so it’s only cost me a couple of weeks veg, could have been far worse but the above goes to show the value of being prepared for the worst. 

• Like 13

One thing I will say is the diversity of ganja around should increase haha. I’m sure it’ll all get renamed anyway but at least it’s not all going to be ozk, wedding cake and mimosa. 

• Like 7

Am I right in thinking your message @mikeydoughnut got a little lost there.....Im capable of a right rant lol 

I think the shady fucking business of selling cuts (that were probably got from one of us in the first place or better yet a packet of six seeds) for tens of thousands is just that, pure greed and shady as fuck.

Poor hygiene and greedy practices cause fucking problems....see covid.

Not everyone is a cunt tho....too many bad apples as per usual souring what should be an Austria style business.

Historically, favourites could only be acquired this way....Cheese being my first example of something seed bx's just couldn't touch.

Growing seeds and spending three months to find they are wank is not fun Mikey....electric is too expensive....However I respect your pioneering attitude....new shit isn't found in clones!

But we ain't in the 90's and the game has changed.....I cant pop 10k beans to find ones that are worth growing....others are....tissue sampling has started to expose problems.

I can respect paying for confirmed cuts and the cost has to reflect the risk taken Mikey as well as the breeders investment to find it.

In RDWC having the same clone is the difference between having enough medicine to not!

Its not about cheating.....its just a risk/reward exercise.

When I have the space I will pheno hunt as many as I can fit in...unfortunately plod doesn't understand your just 'pheno' hunting when he catches you with 200 seeds on the go :police: 

I hate having to run from seed each time....its like playing the lottery.....with the same shite odds of winning.

I admit to having real sour fucking grapes about it and get green eyed to fuck when I see a sea of beautiful homogenous plants.

I pay fucking ridiculous prices for the seeds......ten clones at a few hundred is no brainer if you know the background.

I hope this comes across as a discussion rather than a dig at you Mikey :hug:as said I respect the pioneer in you :yep:

• Like 8
12 hours ago, ukbudz said:

Ffs sorry to here it's got you aswell @crticalcontent.

The one worry I have is that we aren't seeing any breeders come out and say if they've got it or if they've had it except truecanna, even inhouse were meant to be popping some beans and getting them tested then posting the results but I haven't seen anything :(.

It's starting to look like this has come from one clone seller in Cali who has proliferated them over here, I find it hard to believe a facility like that wouldn't have known his mom's had it. He's also advertising that they're hlvd free now. 

name and shame the nursery bro might save someone else if folk are still stupid enough to order from over the pond.

• Like 2

Is this all just a very scary symptom of the obvious genetic bottlenecking that cannabis is going through at pace currently? 

In my mind (wanton bro science based I must add) the older genetics might turn out to be somewhat resistant to some extent whereas the modern poly-hybrid browns are basically Immuno comprised from the outset due to aforementioned bottlenecking.

The fact the dudders has been quietly bubbling under for decades yet now has exploded since widespread legalization seems to correlate with my thinking.

Too many cultivars fucking things up is a conversation I find myself having all too often with "normal" gardeners at work in the g.c.

:yinyang:

• Like 3
Just now, BilgePump said:

Is this all just a very scary symptom of the obvious genetic bottlenecking that cannabis is going through at pace currently? 

In my mind (wanton bro science based I must add) the older genetics might turn out to be somewhat resistant to some extent whereas the modern poly-hybrid browns are basically Immuno comprised from the outset due to aforementioned bottlenecking.

The fact the dudders has been quietly bubbling under for decades yet now has exploded since widespread legalization seems to correlate with my thinking.

Too many cultivars fucking things up is a conversation I find myself having all too often with "normal" gardeners at work in the g.c.

:yinyang:

No, from anecdotal experience some of the worst plants have been old ones. Hplvd has been around for probably 20 years but legalisation in the USA has allowed clone proliferation to go crazy which has changed this from a niche issue to something extraordinarily widespread. 

Samples have shown something like 90% of legal facilities have hplvd with something like 20% of their stock on average infected. 

that will improve because everyone is now proactive but right now everywhere is riddled. Most USA clone sellers in the USA are now running tested clean only cuts from tissue culture. Because you can’t sell clones now that aren’t as no one will buy them. 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, HELL YEA said:

But finger point is something else :doh:

Totally out of order imho. People can chuck their seeds in the bloody bin, They can check out the grow already completed. No a single person paid a single penny for these. 

Yes people are bloody mad that they have lost decades of work. Being paranoid and going on witch hunts is not going to change that nor help in any way imho.

Shame on those who questions the guy for sending in free seeds. I do hope it doesn't put off others who do the same lest we will be left with a seedless subby. I honestly think apologies are in order EVEN if you still don't trust the seeds you should reign it in and chuck the seeds you haven't paid for.

NOT a great look imho.

• Like 7

Also believe it or not most of the hype is straight out of the late 80’s. Cookies is “Durban” purps OG. Aka land race sativa, afghani and northern lights. OG which is in everything is NL2. Chem is probably northern lights x shiva skunk. Zkittlez is sweet tooth basically. Etc etc. 

Weve made pretty much 0 progress in 35 years tbh. Best plant I have atm is an Nl5haze….

Edited by Sargares
  • Like 14
Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

One thing I can guarantee is I’ve never had the opportunity to get viruses and my seeds well predate any reports of virus from members here.

I'd not be to sure of dat, just yet!

• Like 5
13 hours ago, ukbudz said:

Stick some pics up of the full plants mate and we might be able to say yay or nay. I'm hoping it's a :thumbdown: for you . 

i dont think pictures would show the whole picture if you know what i mean but i will say this, the plants are doing weird things for thier stage of development which is 5 weeks flower.

they look like they are 3 weeks in and just not developing the same as the previous run with her, nothing like it.

its something i have never experienced.

i do believe one of the traits that this virus carries is, as i have described above, flower development just aint happening, im absoloutely gutted because its all going to have to come down. thats not the worse though because ive also been doing a bit of work/ breeding project, and was going to send some of the work in shortly for subbies . well that aint happening now, all that work with her is going in the bin

i aint having that shit on my toes,later down the line.imagine that, me spreading the virus thru seedstock. im fuckin pissed to say the least

im just hoping and praying that my old skunk plant as built a super immune system over the last few years to fight this shit because if i lost her words couldnt explain my thoughts

this shits fucked isnt it

• Like 6

I wouldn't run anything from anyone that's taken outside  clones in, and that goes for  names on that  list  too, hard to find folk that dont or haven't taken anything in though.

There's going to be some parent stock lost from this, very old  irreplaceable  stuff.

Sad times :(

• Like 12
10 hours ago, Shumroom said:

(haven't grown out the XX yet). 

i have one about 10 days from chop, and it's a fucking monster, stinks to high heaven and has no issues with it what so ever, looks superb and healthy, will be revegging her for sure, i also have a xxx that looks just as amazing and will be trying to save her too, why the fuck i didnlt take copies i don't know! probably my best grow in years lol

• Like 13

@mikeydoughnut fwiw mate I'd put money down my seeds are clean. 

Both parents of the two strains your running from me have been run several times always fine and I've not taken anything in that's been contaminated and any snips that did come to me early last year were from before it got into friends rooms. 

Nothing come into my room since and won't be other than a couple I'm waiting for from a chap that tests for this in his day job in the US and even then they will be treated in isolation for a year or more. A few of our mums including ssh are hopefully getting tested soon which will give a bit of peace of mind. 

As para as I may be about this I'm 99% certain I've dodged a bullet here. Rest assured the highest measures are being taken going forward. All plants are treated in complete isolation as if every plant may have it.

Believe me when I say me and mates are doing everything we can to preserve what we have and keep it clean.

There won't even be any seeds entering my room that aren't already in the stash. 

Luckily that's pretty much where I was at anyway but my shop is well and truly closed and wil be spending the foreseeable just working what I've got and keeping the fuck away from everything. 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 4

Honestly there’s no way to know who is trustworthy and who isn’t. All you have is their word. 

re clone sellers. Kinda impossible situation for them. No realistic way of testing in the U.K. and the latent nature of the virus means they don’t know they have it untill it’s too late. 

unless they have only clean tested tc stock direct from the USA which really has only become available recently and NOTHING else then it’s suicide. Even in the above it’s not fully guaranteed (but neither is anything including seed.) 

Thats why everyone should be running management practices for hplvd and other issues. If you’re not taking precautions really it’s your own fault when you lose everything. All well and good pointing fingers but whenever someone gets a problem with their grow at the end of the day it’s their own fault. It’s your grow and therefore your responsibility. 

• Like 6