Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

Hey All 

Has anyone had any experience with the build your own kits you can buy for the induction heaters?

I realise you pay a premium for the pack, but thought it might arrive for Xmas and Im losing half a tin of gas trying to refill my torch :)

ATB :oldtoker:

• Like 1

@Clumsy - If you read up a bit in the thread... @pothead11 built one just a few months ago...

I just bought a basic looking one for £60, with a 3 yr warranty, it just doesnt look all that...Then again for heating a VC, looks arent really needed...not for another 40/50 quid anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks @zeroG I've just ordered a battery kit from same place as yours (I think)

Just need to sort out a case and which end of a soldering iron to use and I should be good to go :)

ATB :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Ive just had one of those short sharp, smash your face off sessions with my M . Yet again. - one of those sessions where there really is no other vaporizer. In any capacity. I experience this regularly now, and there is a secret, suffice to say its a gurantee on cold nights...iif you 'swerve it in' sweet... its like cosmic star alignment - star of VC... the parts to get together are the cold night, and you - cause youre probably already fucked on the sofa, and dont intend to get up...this is the celestial alignment i reference...forces of nature are needed and you WILL be rewarded for your efforts...

All my ingestion shizzle is in the garage, Its single skin, not insulated in the roof, and bar radiant heat from the house (to half of it, its double, but end on end - not side to side), is largely outside temperature, bar a couple degrees...Drinks freeze, as do your nostrils on a cold night - shit is stored there that you donr mind freezing, and dont mind not seing year on year......which is the night we're looking for...

Essentially the cold temps regulte your maximisation of the chamber. You can torch the cap till it clicks and then a bit...and get that really hot hit, but becuase the cap is ambiently cooling so fast, the temps drops enough to literally just take that sweet vapour...2 or 3 times, if not 4 -  you dont get more than a 5-6 second draw before a double click - cold...Also, a 3 hit session becomes 4 if not 5 solid hiits, and sometimes a finisher that may, or may not carb...depends how needy for weedy your are to take it...I dont play roulete, i put it on a marble slab to freeze it off and relaod. But it an awesome set of draws getting stickier and sweeter in intensity, and stronger in stone...My eyes are rolling with terp overload, and head spinng from head top blast... come on lol yearagrhhhhhhh  :idea:

In the summer I was getting 3 hits max, same weed all year, same conditions...

I havent even talked about using the IH in the cold either :D  - 15 second heat ups from scratch, insta cool while your catching your breath..its like full contact vaping as a hunting sport, you gotta stalk the fucker and catch it off guard, but treust me, you get in tnat 'zone'  and cvatch it, sweet spot - and there is no other vape.

The DynaVap is tech limitless lol

Hi yes I built one a couple of months ago and it works great . Think it all cost about 25 quid for a plug in the wall unit. The nice thing is I can get all the spares I need at a reasonable price from the internet so If anything should go wrong I can get the parts easily enough . Might last for years the way it is .   

• Like 1

Well I've looked at the portable version and the way I see it is I'll use a torch lighter for those times . Costs a fair bit more for a rechargeable version . If I were to go down that route I think removeable batteries and a battery charger would be a good option . Don't really like playing with 18650's .

The other thing is the size it may be portable if you carry it in a sports bag but it isn't ever gonna be pocket friendly . I've had mine up and running a few months now using a six amp power supply 12v and so it's running at 72 watts the IH module can take 10 amps at 12v so not stressing anything . It is on it's second IH module as the first one was soldered too many times and had developed a short so I got another one and soon was up and running again . The repair cost about 6 quid so fine with that and I made a much tidier job of the second one . To build one from scratch £25 should do it . Gonna take a look on the vap oven site and see what their kit goes for . Have a nice day.

Edited by pothead11
update
  • Like 2

I have the mains version, no complaints as I said. Its fairly big and not very 'portable' to be fair...and its ugly as sin. But for purpose, its proper fit! lol

Whats the issue with 18650 batteries? Are they volatile or something?

Yes they certainly are if you short circuit one . Fireworks spring to mind . I don't really need a battery powered one as I do most of my vaping at home although it would be nice to own one . I suppose you could take it to the beach in the summer . I quite like the design of my homemade one and it's as simple as can be and is fast to build . 

• Like 1

Gave my IH a new home today cost a quid from pound land Got some pics of it which shows how simple one can be built . Not my design but some other fine fellow on here . Here are the pics. It's not perfect to look at but it does it's job just fine .

large.IMG_20201230_175819268.jpg

Side view

large.IMG_20201230_175753810.jpg

Bottom view

large.IMG_20201230_180008802.jpg

My IH is not bad for what it cost it took about an hour to construct but I was taking my time . The switch I used was 20 amp  12v and has no LED to worry about .

Edited by pothead11
update
  • Like 3

Yes seems to work quite well thanks for the thumbs up . No sign of anything melting or even getting overheated so all good . Anybody wanting to make one of these it is pretty simple and can be done very cheaply , especially if you happen to have a 12v 5 to 10 amp supply knocking around . 

Edited by pothead11
  • Like 1

Everyone here knows that, but that little thing's great ! Vapcap M 2020 is my 2nd vaporizer, bought it 3 weeks ago to test something else than my Solo II. And now the Solo II spends most of time in its box... Bought a couple of glass stems, as I really prefer the feeling in mouth, and finally a Titanium tip. I'm almost always microdosing now, never imagined before that 0.025g would be enough to get stoned !!

Was planning to buy an electronic on demand new vap, but i might just go with the Dynavap. And at least, i'm pretty sure the all airpath is clean with it. Maybe I'll buy an IH one day, but I found myself really liking the torch ritual, although I never smoked cigarettes, only joints.

• Like 1

The lighter heating gets a much more cloudy hit, even though the lighter gets to the same temps as the IH...I prefer the IH for one handed vaping ease, and if you have super potent weed, its exceptional, but as you say. microdosing on a day to day get s bit tedious. Youll want a desktop or a bigger multi-hit device at some stage. I got them lol - and I said all the same things you are for the first month of my DynaVap induction/indoctrination/revelation lol

(here are some addition seeds of discontent lol TinyMight & Stick Brick Labs - but ssshhhhh - dont tell anyone I told you ;) )

• Like 3