Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

I agree with your point about them being easy to make . They are not easy to make but to buy a few components and put them together is fairly straight forward .  I had a look at vapoven  and they are making some nice looking IH's starting at £65 which compared to the Dynatec at £130 is pretty good value and would of thought would work as good as any . Really looking forward to getting mine up and running but ordering from China is a bit of a drag . Gonna go and see what else is out there.  Interesting read Egzoset. 

• Like 1

Vapoven were all out of the 65 quid jobs, but I thought what the heck, money well spent. Loking forward to seeing yours bud...how bout a build diary?

You will find yourself craving the lighter heating method quite regularly lol , but it then becomes a pleasure, not a chore. I use my IH when Ive got soemthing to do, i just run it slowly and pretty much constantly, kind of a like a slow drip effect, thats cool and I like that lazy 'mongeroonie' stone, but wacking some fire heat back through the cap immediately gives you back that heat/terpy wack back :) - fucking lovely.

Its only when you have a vapcap for a while do ytou truly appreciate the diversity and the anbiguity of the buzzes it gives and the differnt expwerineces lol...

sucking weed through a stainless steel tube lol

My other vape is a Davinci lol

My other vape is a BLK Nova which I really like as well . As far as the Dynavap goes of which I have 2 now at first the idea of using a butane torch really put me off but once you try one it is really good . I bought 4 clipper jet lighters for the job and all have ceased working properly . Real rubbish from clipper . I don't even know how they dare sell them . I won't be buying any more . I'm using clean gas too . The other thing about the clipper even when they are working when you take your thumb off the gas they stay alight for upto 10 seconds , dangerous in my opinion and should not be allowed on the market . I'm on leaf at the moment as can't get any weed until tomorrow at the earliest . Have a nice day. The only thing hard about building the IH is many hours finding all the right parts . It would be nice If someone made an IH for about 40 quid . I hope the Chinese see the possibility and make one cheap , would of thought it would be right up their street . 

• Like 1

Even the pricey lighters give up. My 'dynavap' lighter from the 'starter kit' was dead in a day. 2 fills and a jet went. They sent an expensive replacement @vapefiendwhich was absolutely top drawer, and next day too for a lighter, again, excellent service. Can't fault them. But even the replacement is exhaustiung gas after the flame goes out, not quite 10 seconds, but probably 4 or 5, which means my butane consumption is through the roof, I did a 250ml can in the first week spraying it in to the room for no good reason! It is dangerous because if you open the cap and strike it straight away theres a build up of the gas and it flares a bit. - hehe, IH wins the day, for the moment anyway lol

So thats what lead me to the IH. I buy jet lighters all the time. I dont smoke tobacco, so I just jet light my spoon pipe (& now my M)...they all last about 1-3 fills and then die - but they also use a 5th of the gas on top so they already last far longer, but you dont care for £2.00, better ones you get 4-5 fills at £4-5, but the pressure and the 'clicking' makes them fail superquick! At £10-15 a pop you would think someone would or even could manufacutrer one that can stay for a few months at least lol

Just tried my clippers again and now they are working , haven't refilled or anything . Flames still stay alight after releasing the gas which I think is pretty damn dangerous . Just bought another switch off flea bay for the IH , 12v 20amp the first one was only rated for 3 amps however I have a use for that one too. The new one set me back 3.95 free delivery from the UK so will be here way quicker than the first one . Could have my IH up and in service in a week or so . I wasn't happy with using a 3amp switch with a 6amp current , it would of probably been fine but didn't want to risk it melting . The cost of the IH is now up to £20 . If it all works fine it's still a bargain . Enjoy your day .

• Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 4:09 PM, pothead11 said:

When I've finished this project I may try and make a portable version using 18650's . Might be a bit more expensive though as the cost of decent 18650's can be quite pricey . probably about 8 quid each . 

Nah - £5 tops. I vape (bro) so have quite a few 18650s. I like the LG MJ1 3500 mAh/10A ones for £4.99 but Samsung 25R's 2500 mAh/10A can be had for £3.79. Samsung 30Q are £4.49 all from UK seller I've used several times - 18650.uk 

E.T.A - my parts arrived from Banggood last week but the day after I went away, so will be having a play when I get back

Edited by iShouldCoCo
  • Like 1

Im really digging the VapCaps low temp first hit with the IH, accurately taken at the big click...hardly any vapour, but eye watering terpene and senses assault. Fucking awesome, I also like a conbination of IH and lighter as well...First heat through with the IH, take the 2nd hit with the IH, and then toast off the bowl with a high temp 'bums rush' lol Fucking awesome again...

I also like the levels of heat too, depending on what strain im smoking, it can be 2nd or 3rd hit and you build the terps and buzz as the heat builds...further fucking awesomeness...

I think most of all I like to justify to myself, obiously, that I need to consistently test my M, to make sure my conclusion are in fact accurate. Right noiw Im the control group, and Ill be moving on to stage one testing in the near future... The most awesomeness ever...Ill keep you posted :D

lol

• Like 2

Salutation everybody,

On 22/08/2020 at 1:09 PM, pothead11 said:

They are not easy to make but to buy a few components and put them together is fairly straight forward.

The work leading to a commercially-available product includes some conceptual component of equally great value.  For example the ability to skip pulses until output level regulation is achieved doesn't only translate as a most convenient "adjust" feature, it's also paving the way to audible/haptic user interfacing, even bidirectional with the simple addition of a magnet to provide permanent continous "bias" flux, in order to pick-up "microphonics" emanating from the delivery tool itself.  That means a blind or visually-impared, 1-handed individual with bad or severe hearing loss can still interact directly with his IH driver using a "magnetizable" workload, possibly just like the DynaVap if that's the owner's preference.  Too bad all implementations of the Mazzilli topology implicitely close the path to such evolution...

Soldering is not just easy, it can be liberating if not enjoyable too, so that's not where i see a challenge anyway.  It turns out there's plenty of room for all sorts of parallel talents to express themselves, wood carving comes to mind spontaneously, etc.

On 23/08/2020 at 4:07 AM, pothead11 said:

The only thing hard about building the IH is many hours finding all the right parts.  It would be nice If someone made an IH for about 40 quid.  I hope the Chinese see the possibility and make one cheap, would of thought it would be right up their street.

It's already been done before...  :wassnnme:

16 hours ago, Egzoset said:

e-Bay-dot-Ca-A-musical-Tesla-Coil-DRSSTC

(some musical Tesla Coil e-Bay offer...)

Now how about paying some fair supplement to actually support that same type of innovative efforts in your own country!

16 hours ago, Egzoset said:

RMCybernetics-Di-Y-Induction-Heater-modeRMCybernetics-Di-Y-Mini-Induction-Heater

:g:

3 hours ago, zeroG said:

...further fucking awesomeness...

So do it for your coutry and the Commonwhealth!!

:king:

• Like 2

Hi again PH11,

8 hours ago, pothead11 said:

Greetings people of Earth

M'yeah, and peace in the galaxy!  ...  :v:

But my point is that there happens to be a manufacturer, in your own country by the way (...), who once passed through all steps necessary out there to turn some proprietary blueprints into a specific commercially-available product which i'm sure will prove convenient enough to acquire wirelessly via any intelligent portable phone.  All it takes is basic awareness, or even an intelligent television and a valid credit card for that matter, so...  How come?  How could this pass undetected while a vaporist as myself actively probed the net for such kind of evolution exactly!

Somehow after so much time Google finally spits it out, all the sudden, but why only now??

Didn't it attract any attention before?  Where are the other vaporists who tried it?...  ...  Why keep it secret if it's a good deal?  And why keep it secret if it's not...

In any case fair intuition should spontaneously tell the average observer that's better suited to the task we've all got in mind around here.  At least i can see the main "R010" (0.1 Ohms?) feedback resistor intended to support protective functions.  Then the argument many people like to keep on topic:

The product sold as an "Induction Heater Circuit" and refered to as item "CRO-SM2" currently costs £44.99 - £55.99, which is the price i could read on the company's related web page yesterday.

Here's what the deal is about, in further details:

The module measures only 5 cm x 5 cm, hence it would most likely fit inside my HerbalAire v2.1 casing if attached to an external 12 - 24 Vdc power supply.  Options include a Heatsink to provide service up to ~250 Watts (using a cooling fan or even a radiator pump i guess), 1 potentiometer + 1 button-switch as an external extension module, an OLED display module, a ready-made Workcoil (possibly compatible with water cooling i think)...  External sensors would support thermostatic regulation on top of 4-steps (25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%) power adjustment performed in 1-sec cycles.  Actually RMCybernetics claims their digital controller also monitors frequency besides detecting/managing these critical conditions:  Zero-Voltage Switching, Under-Voltage, Over-Voltage, Over-Vurrent, Over-Heating and even failure to "resonate" with error codes as a bonus!

The claim states when used with their "Induction Coil Assembly, or Induction Coil KIT" this module shall draw ~3.5 A @ 12 Volts with NO metal inserted in the workcoil.  Maximum rating is 20 A(cont.) or 70 A(peak) and it seems realistic to expect obtaining ~240 W from a 24 Vdc PSU running @ 10 A.  Looking at the board under the light of such features i'll bet it's TRUE honest & fairly implemented ZVS and i'm not commenting about the pricetag alone...

Be warned, an external high-current "choke" and suitable "tank" capacitors must be provided separately.  Though i still think even if sold dirt-cheap the popular over-simplified Mazzilli-topology boards just can't stand such comparison.

Good day, have fun!!  ...  From outer space in the future-past!  :alien2:

• Like 2

Just waiting for the glass now for my very own IH . The switch is mounted and working . All seems good . The glass is now in the UK and hope it's made it from China in one piece . I may build another one in the near future and make a better job of it we'll see . I guess it's nearly time to put it through it's paces and see how long it  will last .  

Edited by pothead11
  • Like 1

Just invested in a couple of rubber grommets to secure the glass another £1.20 . To the nearest pound I'm up to 21 Which is a bargain . Didn't even need a soldering iron . Pretty much plug and play . Knock on wood the remaining parts get here soon . Think I'm looking at Tuesday then should be complete , taken long enough to source all the parts will be avoiding stuff from China in the future . The next one I build will be made to last years hopefully . Off to see if my plants can spare any leaves for this evening . Have a nice day .

• Like 1

Just bought another piece of glass this one is a piece of atomizer glass 25mm x 16mm and should be a good fit . At this rate will have enough spares to build another one . Up to £22.50 now with some spare parts .