Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

I see thanks for the info La Luna I will have to get some . Pipe cleaners do the job also . Would of made a nice vape . 

Decided to list the parts of my IH or induction heater also what you might get charged for the pieces .

1 Induction heater with coil                               £7.50

1 power supply 12v 6amp                                 £3.99

1 switch  20amp                                              £3.99

2 pieces glass 1 spare                                      £3.02

2 grommets 1 spare                                        £1.20

64 sticky pads   60 spare                                 £1.60

1 box to put it in  old phone box or similar         £ FREE

2 elastic bands to secure lid                             £ FREE

Total                                                            £21.30 

Not that cheap really but definitely worth the bother . The switch I bought besides being 20 amp  has screw terminals so no soldering iron needed for that . 

The only tools I used were a cross head screw driver and a flat head very small one a pair of scissors and a Stanley knife. Seen some 18650's in a Chinese shop for 2 quid each . So it may mean I'm gonna put together a battery powered one in the future and I think as I have some of the parts I'll be able to do it for 20 quid or so . Have a most enjoyable evening .

Edited by pothead11
  • Like 5

Salutations PH11,

2 hours ago, pothead11 said:

Total:  £21.30

Not that cheap...

For the Canadians reading this i just checked and Google says £21.30 = 37.10 $ Cdn...

Nicely done @pothead11very cool chap...would suggest a better box at some stage.

I just been a week without my IH, took my camper out to the lakes for water sports and smoking in the woods. Lighter only with my VapCap, and my Davinci IQ for day trips.

I noticed these observations with my M;

In the cooler evenings the cap heats and cools super quick -

when I was smoking my Rainbow Sorbet, I was getting 4-6 heats before we got to dark brown AVB

more flavoursome, and not much vapour - enough though to make it just nice.

I might have to work on a moni refirdgeration device or cool mat, because I really liked that experience. I like hot tokes and big clouds, buit this has changed the way I use my m - for the moment anyway.

I think I also want a portable IH too, are you taking orders dude?, that would have been superb on my trip, and more efficeient than nearly a whole 250ml can of Newport '99% impurity free butane'!

Yeah 5 or 6 heats and I'm done , depends what you're vaping too. Leaf doesn't produce nearly as much vapor as bud . I'm not sure if the battery one is a go yet . It has to be done right as 18650's can be a bit nasty if not managed correctly . I know very little as far as building electronic devices go . We'll see what we see. I think the portable vap oven is quite good but I think it's well over a hundred pounds . Just soldered my coil in place with solder and a jet flame . Did the job and it's looking good . Might build another one soon now I know what to do and make a really good one . Seen some kits from vap oven and they're pretty damn expensive . eg power supply 12v 8amp £20 induction heater module £9 etc . For a little bit more I could of built the whole thing for what they want for the power supply . Have a very nice evening .

• Like 1

Got a soldering iron on the way from China 60w £3.49 for future builds . Looked in my local hardware shop Wilcom I think it's called and a basic soldering iron in there is 12 quid . The torch flame from my lighter did the job ok though . Lead free solder cost me 3 quid . Plenty left though. My clipper lighters I can't fix but my original twin flame jet lighter I put a needle down the hole where the gas comes out and wiggled it about and is now working again . Steer clear of the clipper jet lighters they don't work properly from the start and after a few days they are knackered and there doesn't seem any way of fixing them . I bought 4 and 2 of them are completely dead and the others are a bit iffy as when you let go of the gas you can still hear the gas coming out for quite a while afterwards . 

• Like 1

Oh yeah the reason I wanted the soldering iron was to solder my coil to my IH module . I had some solder so first tried a small screwdriver heated with my jet lighter but was not really good enough so then tried the flame directly on the joint with the solder and it worked a treat. One thing about the IH is the M clicks after about 5 seconds but needs a further 5 seconds to do the job . At least I won't get combustion though which I did a few times with the lighter . Respect the click . 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pothead11 said:

Respect the click . 

Respect the click...sometimes :D

I was getting 5-6 hits withg a jet lighter when I was away at the lake, IH...probably could have been there all night on one lid

:D

47 minutes ago, pothead11 said:

Respect the click...

Here's Induction Heat relevant information which still ain't passed in the present context.

Actually the "click" is the one main reason why it's so difficult to get reliable torch flames for a DynaVap VapCap:  what's great with "Plan-B" scenarios (where "B" stands for butane, or "Bi-Energy" for that matter...), becomes a curse trying to convert, including in terms of IH-based energy budget.

You see "the click" could as well happen to exploit most favourably a convenient/precious feature of selected metals heated by induction and it's called the "Curie effect", in case you never heard:

Resonant-Frequency-vs-Temperature-by-Irs

[ http:// www.elegron.pl/files/AFCinductionfurnace.pdf ] (p64)
{ Switchless management of workload insertion/removal based on Curie effect (vs frequency). }

M'well, it's been done before, just not yet!!  :wassnnme:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.
  • Like 1

If using nice bud in the IH then the click seems to work quite well but with leaf I'd say the click plus 5 or even 10 seconds . There seems to be a very fine line between vapor and smoke . 

• Like 1

Luckily Im not burning leaf, but im not a tight trimmer either, most vapers don't combust so its just evaporating oils/terps and the thcs etc off leaves too - as well as bud, ive been going a bit over quite a lot at the moment lol, lazy for filling it up to session...Might have to break out the Davinci IQ2 for a back up session lol...had it 6 months, never used it thus far lol

Dont be thininking its like the 'continental arm pit scenario' in my jars, far from it, i just like making oils and shatter etc from the trim and pop corn

However...Ive been nurturing a new flavour/terp anhilation technique with my M , and it works on the 2nd fill...You gots to blast your way through the first cap, nicely does it of course, but with expediancy in mind you understand...anyway as soon as you can physically touch the stainless chamber itself, fill it again..this is within just a few minutes (and you should be 'hot fingering it' ouch oo aah you know hot to the touch!), the residual heat and the click for the second chamber is a blast lol, what a sensation. Ive just had full on terp blast, eyes closed, flavour throughout my whole head lol, and that nearly sneeze, even my eyes were tasting the weed. I have been overwhelmed for the moment, from a fucking one hitter lol

@pothead11 - did you see dynavap/tec have, or are just about to release two portable battery induction heaters? i got a forward viewing email, with a broken link a couple of days ago...they have a battery version of the current model the apollo I believe - Inventively named the 'Apolo 2'. and now the 'Orion' - a more streamlined black 'stealth' model...no prices disclosed thus far...

• Like 1

So, I dropped my Dynavap on a rug as I was heating it. Now I've got bits of carpet stuck to the cap. What's the best way to clean it off, or is it a new cap time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silvester growdrobe said:

So, I dropped my Dynavap on a rug as I was heating it. Now I've got bits of carpet stuck to the cap. What's the best way to clean it off, or is it a new cap time?

Blast it a couple of heat ups with a bluetourch and see if you can burn it away, failing that if it was me i would probably get a new one:yep:

• Like 3