Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

I’ve had a Honest quad torch that has worked since I got a dynavap few years ago .  Refined gas with no impurities will help jetnlighters work properly 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pothead11 said:

...4 with jet flames and none of them work as they should. 

Maybe it would help if you only required ~100 Joules per puff.

Well my parts came to finish off my IH . Didn't take too long to finish it . What can I say , I love it . I will find another case for it when the need arises but for now I'm happy and for 22 quid or whatever it was in the end I am very pleased with it . Got spare glass sticky pads and a grommet to keep the glass in place . I'll take a few pics and show you my creation a bit later . it's a massive saving and I never needed a soldering iron . And yes I have tried it out and it really is very nice . I wait for the click then give it another four seconds . Awesome bit of kit . I like it better than the torch lighters , just as well as they are all rubbish my ones anyway . Gonna do another one sooner or later for a spare . My 6amp 12v power supply is working ok with it . So far so good . Off to take some pics . 

Edited by pothead11

I'm new to the Dynavap and been using it for 3 weeks now.  So far so good.  First time vaping and I can see it saving me a shitload of bud, very efficient. 

Just wondering how many hits with the lighter/heater folks are giving each capful?  I've been doing 3 and by the 3rd both flavour and vapour are pretty much done.  I'm tempted to reduce that to 2 but don't want to be wasting precious bud.

Here's my pics of my IH very simple but does the job .

large_ih3.jpglarge_ih1.jpglarge_ih2.jpg

Simple but effective . I bet they could manufacture this on a large scale for 15 quid . Maybe less .

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, pothead11 said:

Hey @BudJ I get probably 8 Hits from a bowl . 1 or 2 hits per light . It might be more I'll count from now on and I'll see what's what .

Cheers @pothead11.  I'm heating the cap 3 times and taking maybe 3 or 4 draws per heating.  My plants aren't finished yet so I've been trying to maximise what I get from the small buds & leaves I've been picking.  Another couple of weeks till harvest, at which point I shouldn't need to be as frugal so might drop the 3rd heating.

Top job on the IH btw.  Aside from lighter not required, what are the benefits of using a heater?

One handed vapcapping :smoke:

You really ought to solder the coil to the board dude 

A loose connection there will pop components on the board instantly 

I did wonder about that Swan gas when you mentioned it cos I've never seen the Near Zero Impurities label on their gas, and was hoping it was a new thing.

If you've been through 5 already I think we can safely say it's not good gas for torch flame lighters 

• Like 1

I vape my bud until no visible vapor comes off of it , comes out light brown . I am now out of bud what a shame . Might get some leaf later I'll see what the plants are saying . 

• Like 1

I'm officially on leaf . It's not bad vaped but smoking it is a bit rough as I recall . Thinking 6 weeks to harvest . Then I'm going to feel like a king for a little while . Just replaced a couple of o rings on my tip. Not the easiest thing in the world just glad I had the spares . Now it's a much tighter fit . Have you noticed the resin on the inside of the stem gonna see if I can coax it out with a pipe cleaner . 

7 minutes ago, pothead11 said:

Have you noticed the resin on the inside of the stem gonna see if I can coax it out with a pipe cleaner . 

Cotton buds and Isopropyl alcohol work a treat !

• Like 1