Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

I'm a guitarist you know. It means that I already have a big GAS experience :guitar: lol

More seriously, I don't want a desktop vap. Too big, too much guitars and amps in my dedicated room, and having children, I just can't leave it on the living room table. I'm an evening only smoker, and I'm making the most of my vap transition to take my consumption a little down. So for now, I'll be strong. At least until next year. :wassnnme:

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally bought an IH to have a spare way of heating my VapCap if my Pocket Prince dies. It's a relatively cheap one (80€) from the brand Orion (not the Dynatec Orion). 

Tried it yesterday evening. It's really more comfy than using the torch. Faster, one hand move. Loved that. But I find the high slower to come, less brutal in a way. It may just be a feeling, but I think I'll continue to use the torch for my 1st vape in the evening, and probably for the last, and the IH when playing a video game or reading a book, because it's just practical. Have anyone got the same feeling about it ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, purepotstill said:

I finally bought an IH to have a spare way of heating my VapCap if my Pocket Prince dies. It's a relatively cheap one (80€) from the brand Orion (not the Dynatec Orion). 

Tried it yesterday evening. It's really more comfy than using the torch. Faster, one hand move. Loved that. But I find the high slower to come, less brutal in a way. It may just be a feeling, but I think I'll continue to use the torch for my 1st vape in the evening, and probably for the last, and the IH when playing a video game or reading a book, because it's just practical. Have anyone got the same feeling about it ?

Yes i had a Dynatec Orion for a bit but ended up sending it back due to a crack in it, I'm glad i did as the vapor from a torch is a lot thicker i found too..i wont be buying another IH give me a torch any day.

• Like 3

@purepotstill, @mr rhino - you need to hone your swerve dudes ...^^ - and embrace the art of 'pre-heat'... :D

You gotta dial your cap to start, count off from the click until your desiered temp - every IH has an over clock to get it perfect, mine is "5 potatoes' past click,  cut that into 3, and theres your preheat, 1/3rd - you can count it off  "1 mississippi, 2 miss.... " The IH wont heat the stainless through from cold, that needs a couple of heats, which the heat point of a torch will do - once you get there its massive clouds, big terps, and youre done. 3, maybe 4 bowls at a push...

The secret is heating the chamber; pack the bowl, preheat for your 7/8 seconds, whatever , well before any clicks, let it cool for 15 or so seconds, and now heat it properly to the click...or past it..depending on your own devices and this seems to be a fuller hit...to me anyway.

I might just be stoned though...think of it this way; You might need a few goes to get it right...problem? lollollol

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the fastest heat up time possible via induction either and prefer a slower more thorough heating method too

You can try pulsing the heat (1 or 2 seconds on and off to the click) Or heating to the 1st click from cold then place the tip and cap on a heat sink to cool and reheat before you take your 1st draw .... for a slower more thorough 1st heat.

The depth of insertion, diameter of coil, tip material, insert material, power level ... all affect the heat up time and concentration of heat so you may be able to adjust some of those variables to tune the IH to your own preference. I would check the manufacturers site and manufacturing threads before making any adjustments as I know Fluxer and Pipes have instructions on tuning their IHs 

• Like 1

Well, took an IH for the easy use, but as it seems more complicated than with the torch, I'll just stick with the torch. :bong: 

Don't want to cogitate to get stoned :P

7 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Any news on a DynaVAp M 2021 version?

No, but if they bring one out i hope it's better than the 20 version...

My 2018 shadow m blows the 20 away on vapour production :smokin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr rhino said:

No, but if they bring one out i hope it's better than the 20 version...

My 2018 shadow m blows the 20 away on vapour production :smokin:

have an idea about the cause ? You think it's the captive cap ? It's the only part I'm using from my 2020, as I have glass stems and a Ti tip. 

20 minutes ago, purepotstill said:

have an idea about the cause ? You think it's the captive cap ? It's the only part I'm using from my 2020, as I have glass stems and a Ti tip. 

Yes it's the captive cap they are shit, stick the old style cap on a 20m and it's a different beast, I also don't like the chiral airports on the 20m they are a bastard to find:rofl:

• Like 2