Dynavap - Owners Thread...

zeroG

Blast it with a torch a few times until you burn off the oil/petrol in the plastic, so its not sticky any more - and it should rub off with a stiff brush...maybe a cheapo tothbrush from 'ye olde pound shoppe'

Otherwise two new caps :D ...the low temp for flavours, and the normal for hot tokes and complete terpene overwhelment...

Its stainless, if you see it glow, remove the heat...

It'll be riteous man, relax :)

• Like 2

@Sgt Smash @zeroG

Thanks guys :yep: I'll try a burn off first. Probably should have thought of that really.

The most important thing is that although I might have burnt my fingers picking it up there wasn't a visible burn on the rug. She'll never know...

Edited by silvester growdrobe
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone tried hash in the Dynavap M?  I've got a small amount of scissor hash from a trim, can I just whack it in alongside some bud?

@BudJYes, I used mine for finger (off latex glove) and scissor hash, worked pretty well, you'll just need a but of a sturdier clean after youre done, the impurities clog up the screen and shit.

To be fair Im learning the art of the pre-heated dynavap chamber, with the induction heater I can run a 3-5 sec burst and get some pre heat action running thru, and it give you that 2nd really terpy hit straiught off the bat, and then you get it again on the second draw as you do anyway...you just get that extra first, pretty much terp only blast...mmmm. cough cough...awesomely eye watering and quite'saturating' lol

but yeah, finger hash is ok, imho anyway. Thing with the 'essential' parts being stainless, you can pretty much chuck anything at it to clean it, as long as you dont mind losing your finish, (and rinse very well) particularly on the sianless steel M. and if in real doubt, remove the rubber bits and blow torch it, that'll clean it for sure lol ...obviously hold the bits at the appropriate distance with the appropraite pliers and protection of course.

• Like 1

Salutations,

IMO Mazzilli module enthousiasts should see this, too bad i face censorship from multiple sources:

"Induction heater TPA3255 300W+300W High Power Class D HIFI Digital Stereo Power Amplifier Board DC48V Digital Multimeter"

A Google search will have to do i guess...

:bag:

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know where is stocking the Orion portable induction heater ? It's sold out every where it seems. Wanted to pick one up before xmas. Maybe it's covid shipping issues causing a shortage ? 

I think there have been a few issues with the 1st batch and expect an updated revision to go on sale somewhere around the 19th of Nov  

• Like 2

I think that demand is also outstripping production, its been very popular this induction heating scenario, it makes the Dynavap a proper session tool :)

They are still very pricey for what they are imho, if youre slightly skilled and have the time/inclination, you can build a 2x 18650 portable yourself, and the parts come to less than $50, inc the 'branded' batteries...

I bought a plug IH for the house as thats a no brainer with the M - and Im quite happy with a jet lighter out and about if i want to vapcap.

Hope you get one for Xmas though :)

• Like 3

Salutations ZeroG,

18 hours ago, zeroG said:

...if you're slightly skilled and have the time/inclination, you can build a 2x 18650 portable yourself...

This statement is actually incomplete, but who cares as i'm not supposed to post in here anyway.

M'well, if one must valorize DynaVap's IH supported scenarios (so far) then lets highlight one major feature again, as far as i'm concerned:

Bi-Energy

You people don't seem to realize that's some major asset most other competitors can only dream of, so it practically occupies a very select niche already.  In addition, i noticed another potentially interesting argument may be about power margins, apparently:  e.g. we could all read some FuckCombustion gossips recently which suggested the Dr. Dabber Switch will probably get exposed to a risk of permanent damage if used the same way as present Mazzilli "modules" work with popular DynaVap VapCap setups - which by the way happens to remind me this may prove of great interest for the DV VC owners around here

It turns out this author has 2 FaceBook accounts and the one which is quite clearly the most active was actually registered to "Vladi Mazzilli":  

You may wish to leave him a note, just in case there's a response.

When you do please think of asking if there's no rational manner to convert his crossed-diodes Tesla Coils/Flyback Transformer topology into a "slave" power IH Driver stage which can be externally synchronized as an option, or totally silenced/switched off in order to also support PWM closed-loop output control so we can dream a little further at last.  For example:

Perhaps you'll feel like passing the word, or at least after considering the potential cost vs benefits ratio...  :george:

Good dat, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite links and pics again

Still love my Vapcap. Only gets used at work these days, but still rivals the big boys when heated right. Favourite combo is Shadow M stem and Ti cap. 

After trying different torches and an IH... I get the best hits from a single flame torch, focussed on the 1/4 of the cap nearest the mouth end, turning constantly, going one second over the click. 

For those struggling with failing torches: Filtered butane helps (as mentioned by @Arthur Mix) but learn to bleed/purge your lighters!

I had 5 lying around in the drawer that gave up the ghost pretty quick - all back working and haven't failed since, and that's with cheap gas. 

I was surprised just how much air was trapped in them after the initial release of butane. It's the first thing I do when buying any lighter these days. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Egzoset said:

Assholes interference again.

NOTED.

Maybe before you start slinging insults about you should have a read of the rules.....

:yep:

• Like 4