Cookies Auto, Gorilla Auto, Dinamed Kush CBD Auto under LED inc. Scope 2

Fragg

Cookies Auto and Gorilla Auto Week 5 - Day 35 Update

Evening all, I'm a day late with this update and because of work, I will be changing from a  Sunday to a Monday update anyway from now on. I've got fuck all of the tourist season left to make any money this year, for the winter, so need to focus on work as much as possible in the coming weeks and as I'm not getting any younger and a Sunday update after a busy day is just too much these daze :oldtoker:

Temps have been cool once again this week and between 25-27C in the tent.

I have struggled a little with the transition from the veg to bloom stage with using the new nutrients but will hopefully dial it in better this week as they will be only on Bloom. I normally taper off any N rich/grow nutes this week and and increase the P and K ratio with Bloom but it hasnt gone swimmingly this time around lol It is my fault I think as I have not been using any CaMg as I normally do, due to the nutes being new and wanting to see how they did without it. Then I lost focus with being busy with work and let the CaMg def get a bit worse. That and we are smoking some Gorilla Girl auto from Sweet Seeds atm and it is removing my socks at extreme velocity :smokin:

I have continued with more LST when I had the chance and they both have a fair few exposed bud sites for the flowering stage, I asked the missus to count them cos I kept losing track lol She said 35 for one of them cant recall which now either :rolleyes:

The feeds I gave this week:

Cookies

Day 30  - 2l 0.6ml/l Grow, 0.4ml/l Bloom, 0.9ml/l Runzyme

Day 32  - 2l 0.5ml/l Grow, 0.2ml/l Bloom, 0.9ml/l Runzyme

Day 34  - 2l 0.6ml/l Bloom, 0.3ml/l Grow, 0.9ml/l Runzyme

Gorilla

Day 31  - 2l 0.6ml/l Grow, 0.2ml/l Bloom, 0.7ml/l Runzyme

Day 32  - 2l 0.5ml/l Grow, 0.2ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

Day 33  - 2l 0.6ml/l Bloom, 0.3ml/l Grow, 0.7ml/l Runzyme

Day 35 - 2l 1ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l CaMg, 0.9ml/l Runzyme

Gorilla Overhead View

large.5f1f37a596008_DinafemGorillaAutoDay28overhead.jpg

Gorilla developing bud site - some mild tip burn

large.5f1f37a3e5391_DinafemGorillaAutoDay28bud1.jpg

Cookies Overhead Viewlarge.5f1f371924e5a_DinafemCookiesDay28overhead1.jpg

Cookies Pistils forming nicely  - tis a good sign!

large.5f1f37176045c_DinafemCookiesDay28buds.jpg

Cookies Bud Shot

large.5f1f3715cf1ca_DinafemCookiesDay28bud1.jpg

The Cookies is still under the Hans Panel and will be for at least another week due to the 24 Carat occupying that slot still stacking bud on, not a bad problem to have but it means a delay in getting the Cokkies under the Scope is all.

That is all for tonight folks but I will be back tomorrow with the update on the Moby Dick XXL which had her first LST session tonight.

Stay safe and keep it green all:oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 9

Looking good @Fragg.  I'm jealous of the all the lovely strains you've got going and 35 bud sites sounds like whichever one it is it's gonna be a great yielder :yep:

Your feed schedule is very helpful mate as I'll need to transition soon.  Would you say CaMg is essential?  I'm in a soft water area and I assume you are too.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BudJ said:

Looking good @Fragg.  I'm jealous of the all the lovely strains you've got going and 35 bud sites sounds like whichever one it is it's gonna be a great yielder :yep:

Your feed schedule is very helpful mate as I'll need to transition soon.  Would you say CaMg is essential?  I'm in a soft water area and I assume you are too.

Cheers mate :cheers:  Gotta keep the meds coming for my wife and I :smokin:

I would say CalMag was essential when growing with LEDs yes, use it about half to a third of recommended dose normally. I use rainwater not tap having seen what tap water does to my lawn over the last 30 years, yellows it dreadfully and it reeks of chlorine which isn’t great for the microbial population.

Any news on your light?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fragg said:

Cheers mate :cheers:  Gotta keep the meds coming for my wife and I :smokin:

I would say CalMag was essential when growing with LEDs yes, use it about half to a third of recommended dose normally. I use rainwater not tap having seen what tap water does to my lawn over the last 30 years, yellows it dreadfully and it reeks of chlorine which isn’t great for the microbial population.

Any news on your light?

Ah that's right, I saw you were using rainwater in another diary.  I like that idea, might look into it for my next grow as it's something we have plenty of on this side of the UK. 

Been checking my emails every 5 minutes for a dispatch notice mate but nothing so far.  Sooner the better get things back on track.  

• Like 2

Moby Dick XXL Auto Day - Week 3/Day21 Update

Evening folks time to update on the progress of the Moby Dick XXL Auto at the week 3 point and I'm pleased to report she is doing great under the Dormgorw G8 Veg! :yahoo:No issues whatsoever which is what I like to see by week 3 and ready for LST, she was a doddle to train due to her lovely open structure with decent internodal gaps. :) I would love to grow her naturally to see how she looks, quite a stunner I'm sure, but LST is simply better for overall bud production and the more the merrier for oil, edibles and smoke. :smokin: As I mentioned before temps have been in easy to handle of late and kept 25-27C. I'm particularly pleased with how her stem is nice and thick at this stage and that bodes well for flowering  :headbang:

She is just starting now to drink more but this week I only gave her a dose of 0.5ml/l Seaweed and Bio- Silicon for her stem on Day 16 then on Day 19 I doubled the dose of both to 1ml/l each. I will introduce a very small dose of Intense Nutrients Grow soon though as she is growing fast at this stage ;) She also had a foliar of Evolution on Day 16.

Her growth chart for the first 3 weeks of her life is below(it is a day out again!), she will shrink after today ;)

large.99F5043E-AD70-4C8C-AFD9-47B62E609F12.jpeg

Now lets get on with the main event the piccies! :)

Overhead shot of her before LST

large.5f20a5508504b_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21OverView.jpg

Side on View of her showing her chunky legs ;) Mephisto 24 Carat in the background...sorry Mark ;)

large.5f20a554cc1e3_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21SideView.jpg

Now for some baby bud pr0n

large.5f20a54b7d5f2_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21bud1.jpg

Another bud site...

large.5f20a54d56b1d_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21bud2.jpg

Just one more for luck as it came out well on the phone :)

large.5f20a54eedd31_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21bud3.jpg

Now for the adult section and the bondage begins...:chains: As I said a lovely open structure to her!

large.5f20a5537f8dd_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21SidePostLST.jpg

Final shot this evening is a look at her main cola, and others, once bent over...

large.5f20a55218bfc_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay21PostLSTsideview.jpg

Super happy with my XXL Dick's progress this week, growth has been great daily and she gets a 10/10 from me at this stage. :smoke:Sorry the child in me couldnt resist the lame dick joke, I'll grow up one day :ermm:

I will continue with LST on her this week and it looks like I can get her nice and wide too so I'm looking forward to it. Just a bit feaful of the temps that are coming on Friday :sweaty:

Stay frosty this week and keep it green all :oldtoker:

• Like 8

@Dinafem-Mark thanks for swinging by mate, yep an exciting few weeks ahead now with the Cookies and Gorilla. The Kush CBD hit the dirt yesterday and I really can’t wait to try her!!:chains:

Life has been a tad hectic recently with reopening my tourist business and we have been inundated with the blighters so I am suffering from exhaustion atm amd hence my update is a day late but should get posted tonight :) 

ATB Mark :oldtoker:

• Like 2

Cookies Auto and Gorilla Auto Week 6 - Day 42 Update and Dianmed Kush CBD Intro

Evening folks I trust everyone's garden's are doing well, time for an update on the eldest 2 in this perpetual grow diary........... and the youngest!

I say that as the Kush CBD has also made an appearance and germinated :guitar: CBD has been a thing for me as pain relief and a sleep aid since I first grew the Industrial Plant CBD from Dinafem, diary in my signature, and I have always had a CBD plant in my grow since. I've just had a lovely strong Gorilla Girl from Sweet Seeds spliff laced with IPCBD oil and feel beautifully medicated :smokin:The idea of of an even stronger CBD strain to play with and make oil edibles etc really appeals. :smoke: I was amazed last week to see a hero of mine, a guy called Tommy Caldwell, who climbed the Dawn Wall on El Capitan do a 35 hour ultra mountain rock climbing/running/cycling day with Alex Honnold of Free Solo fame, start to bang on about his CBD usage.:eek: He said he wouldnt be able to take the hammering his body takes on such days without taking a CBD dose first thing then topping up with a CBD spray during the day! If it is good enough for extreme athletes like Tommy And Alex and NFL players too it's good enough for lil ol me :)

The timing is about right that if I germinate the Kush CBD now I can flower under my new favourite light the Scope V2, I've finished a couple of plants under it now and I'm loving it! Just about to harvest a Mephisto Genetics 24 Carat too that I have grown out 5 times, as she is the strongest auto I know, and it's the best I've seen here perform thanks to the new light :yep: The Sweet Seeds Gorilla Girl I'm puffing on is also VERY impressive, super strong and captures the flavour of GG4 perfectly. I'm hoping the Dinafem Gorilla does the same :) Coverage is so much better with these strip lights and the spectrum seems spot on for flowering

Anyway a few pics of the Dinamed Kush CBD's start in life...

large.5f29c42565302_seedsandtin.jpg

Top left bean was chosen by the missus

large.5f29c426be662_seedscloseup.jpg

Put her in a shot glass with rainwater and a drop of Hydrogen Peroxide, causing all the bubbles ;) 24 hours later she was ready for the dirt

large.5f29c423eece7_DinafemKushCBDAutoGermination.jpg

This week the Cookies finally got a place under the Scope 275 having been under the Hand Panel until now. I rate the Hans panel as a 7/8 outta 10 light, dated now but not at all bad and I've had decent results with it over the years. The Gorilla that has been under the Scope for longer has much better pistil development and has rather shown upp the Hans Panel. It isnt a strict side by side test, are they ever, as they are different strains but no doubt the Scope kicks the HPs ass. Below is a side by side of the 2 plants under the Scope, the Gorilla is on the left and clearly much better developed at this stage...

large.5f29c3e31af67_DinafemGorillaandCookiesDay42.jpg

Feed wise I struggled a bit at the transition to Bloom with the new nutes, firstly by diagnosing overfeeding when it was hunger then overchasing that and giving a bit too much Bloom...as you do :wallbash: I think I'm getting the Bloom dialled in now though and they seem much happier, I like the nutes they give a healthy sheen to the plants I just need to learn the levels a bit better! I was also thrown a bit of a curveball byt the plant ahead of these two in my grow by a matter of a few days only, the Mephisto Deep Blue C. I gave her 4ml/l of Bloom before any sign of tip burn so thought the nutes were milder than I was used to, think she was just hungrier lol

Gorilla Feeds

Day

37 - 2l 2ml/l Bloom

39 - 2.8ml/l Bloom 1/4 tsp Espom

40 - 3ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

41 - 3ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

42 - 3.2ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

Cookies Feeds

Day

36 - 2l 1ml/l Bloom, 0.9ml/l Runzyme

37 - 2l 2ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

39 - 2.8ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme 1/4 tsp Espom

40 - 3ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

41 - 3ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

42 - 3.2ml/l Bloom, 1ml/l Runzyme

Temps are always fine in the 25-27 range, mostly just above 27 with the GAS fan controller

Now for a few shots of the girls...

Cookies Auto Day 42 Overhead View

large.5f29c3ae59456_DinafemCookiesDay42overhead.jpg

Cookies Auto Day 42 Side View - not perfectly flat but level enough at 33cm just like the Gorilla:headbang:

large.5f29c3b0172cd_DinafemCookiesDay42sideview.jpg

Cookies Auto Day 42 Bud Shot

large.5f29c3acaa196_DinafemCookiesDay42bud.jpg

Gorilla Auto Day 42 Side View

large.5f29c3e9651a5_DinafemGorillaDay42sideon.jpg

Gorilla Auto Day 42 Overhead Viewlarge.5f29c3e7d3fbb_DinafemGorillaDay42overhead.jpg

Gorilla Auto Day 42 Bud Shot

large.5f29c3e4a3d8c_DinafemGorillaDay42bud1.jpg

Gorilla Auto Day 42 Bud Shot

large.5f29c3e64518d_DinafemGorillaDay42bud2.jpg

As you can see I was to heavy with the Bloom but am backing off and hopefully I can bring these girls home on a decent balanced diet of Intense Organic Bloom :smokin:

That's it for this update I will be back with more on the Moby and Blue Amnesia XXLs :yep:

Til next time stay frosty all :oldtoker:

• Like 7

Moby Dick XXL Auto Day - Week /Day 30 Update and Dinamed Kush CBD Auto Day 0!

Evening all time to squeeze out another update from the perpetual grow, this time on the Moby Dick and the arrival above ground of the Dinamed Kush CBD too :yahoo:Oh and a little bonus at the end  ;)

The Moby Dick XXL has had a week of LST which is almost done, just a few more days and she will get too woody. She caught me by surprise though this week by putting out pistils and going into flower at week 3, a bit early I thought considering she is an 80 day strain but OMFG how big will the buds get if she is flowering for the next 7+ weeks with autoflowering vigour:punk: This move to flower already, meant I moved her at day 26 under the Hans Panel, as it it has a bloom setting and more red spectrum than the Dormgrow Veg light. She will be moved in a few more days to be under the ChilLED Gen2 v1 light, sharing that with the Mephisto Deep Blue C for most of August and then with the Blue Amnesia XXL when the Deep Blue C gets the chop. That's the plan for now!....

Feeds this Week

Day 22 - 2l 0.5ml/l Seaweed, 0.5ml CalMag 0.9ml/l Bio Silicon

Day 23 - 2l Intense 0.7ml/l Bloom, 1/2 tsp Epsom - saw twisting on her new growth so added some Bloom, alot for this stage! Foliar of Evolution

Day 24 - Twisting much better thanks to the feed -  no feed today

Day 25 - 2l 1ml/l Intense Bloom, Intense 0.3ml/l Grow, 1/3 tsp Epsom - lots more LST

Day 26 - No feed

Day 27 - No Feed, overdid it a notch with Bloom on last feed. 'Too much too young' :toldya:

Day 28 - 2l 0.8ml/l Intense Bloom, 0.7ml/l Intense Grow, 1/3 tsp Epsom - more LST

Day 29 - 2l 1ml/l Grow 0.5ml/l Bloom - felt she had enough Bloom and need a a bit more N for general growth

Feed wise I've heard she is a heavy feeder but I've come in a little hard on her but she has taken it well, I will try and get a some more N into her whislt she continues the growth stage and transitions further into flower then increase the Bloom and fade out the Grow, depending on how she reacts!

Time for tonights pics....

Over head View

large.5f2b1ea732c14_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay30OverView.jpg

Side On Viewlarge.5f2b1e8995b69_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay30SideView.jpg

Bud Shot - Pistils doing well for Day 30

large.5f2b1ea485ba3_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay30Bud2.jpg

Another Bud Shot

large.5f2b1e880c58b_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay30Bud1.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the Moby Dick XXL and she get 10/10 at week 4

Next a quick bit on the arrival above ground of the one I really want to try the most, as she is so different form any strain I've grown before - the Dinamed Kush CBD auto with her 16% CBD content :in_love:

This morning she burst through the soil clearly intent of giving me some banging meds from the get go! :boxing: Leaving a pile of compost around her, very impressive start and with the seed casing still attached

large.5f2b1f00dcad7_DinafemKushCBDAutoDay0breakthrough.jpg

I misted the compost 'pile' to make it sink back down and support her better, having the side effect of the seed casing starting to slide off

large.5f2b1efe82535_DinafemKushCBDAutoDay0afterspray.jpg

I decided to give her some assistance and got my wire hook and magnifying glass, blind as a bat these daze, and pulled it off, below is the casing and the fresh coleorhiza once again, a bit out of focus though..

large.5f2b1efc03812_DinafemKushCBDAutoDay0aftercasingremoval.jpg

She is in a 20l airpot with Tropic Mix and the only ammendment is Plant Magic Granules for the funghi, prewatered with 2l of rainwater. Fingers crossed!!! :smokin:

Finally tonight a little bonus of a couple of pics the Blue Amnesia XXL who is at week 2 now, again in Tropic Mix with Granules and has been under the T5 until day 12 and she now has the Dormgrow Veg Slot. She has only one feed this week of 2l rainwater with 0.5ml/l seaweed and Bio Silicon and her first spray of Evolution on day 9. I'm using up all my Plant Magic gear and will be switching out to the Intense versions like Go+ etc when they run out ;) I must say it is nice to have a tent of lots of Dinafem gals now, I feel assured of some great meds come the end of August onwards and I'm gonna need them after a hard summer season! :badass:

Blue Amnesia XXL Auto Day 14

large.5f2b1f2ad7622_BlueAmnesiaXXLAuto-Day14overhead.jpg

Blue Amnesia XXL Auto Day 14 Side view - 13 cm tall

large.5f2b1f2c7f6a0_BlueAmnesiaXXLAuto-Day14sideview.jpg

Yet another Dinafem auto getting a 10/10 from me for early veg performance, it really is crucial and they perform time after time like clockwork, just great genetics :smoke:

That's all for tonight folks I'll be back next week with what is turning into to something of a Dinafem multi strain diary...not my intention in the middle of August :headpain:

Til next time keep it green all :oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 7

@Fragg how will you be looking to medicate with the Diamond CBD Kush?

Is this still something you will look to smoke even though it has low THC? or will you make this strictly into edible or oils? 

I never smoked a low THC high CBD strain (bar my own low THC grows  :wallbash:) Was wondering what it feels like if any feeling at all.

• Like 1

@growinggold very good question!. I think I will smoke/ vape a fair bit of her to help give up smoking tobacco again. I used the IPCBD as a tool for giving up a few years ago and I managed to stay stopped for 3 years but lack of weed got me back on the baccy :( The effect of the IPCBD, although it does have some THC, was really lovely a nice deep body relax which I imagine is from the anti inflammatory properties of the CBD. I’m expecting more of the same except stronger with the Kush CBD at 16% but no cerebral effect which might be good for me and work? The only problem with the deep body relax is it isn’t exactly motivational lol The other side effect of the IPCBD was killer munchies, I just can’t stop! :D 

Some will certainly go into oil and medibles as they are a lot less wasteful of valuable meds imho :oldtoker:

• Like 4

Blue Amnesia XXL Auto Mini Update

Evening folks although I'm not officially covering the BAXXL in this diary I did say I would try and update on her as and when I could. Today is the day! She impressed me so much with her vigorous growth over the first couple of weeks of her life I felt she deserved her own update. She managed to achieve the very rare feat of her second set of leaves stretching past the edges of my 20l airpot!:badass: Damn she is gonna get humoungous :eek: I've grown a bucket load of autos and they dont usually get this big so I'm super excited for what is to come, I think I mentioned the last time I grew her she got waaaay too big for my little homemade tent at the time, hopefully this time I will be able to handle her size better :yep:

Here is a quick shot of her a couple of days ago at Day 17 and she was 19cm tall showing the overlapping 2nd set :smoke:

large.5f2ee2df3909e_BlueAmnesiaXXLAuto-Day17sideview.jpg

Here is her growth chart so far....

large.0892D72F-E0E1-490B-8E9D-7931730C6AAE.jpeg

Thats all for now back next with the latest on the Gorilla and Cookies...and it is going well! :) 

I'm off to skin up some Gorilla Girl to take the pain of a hectic shift at the tourist coal face away :smokin:

Hope everyone is managing these temps OK, bloody glad I upgraded my extraction in May!

Til next time keep it frosty :oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 7

@Fraggi found my mighty vape critical in giving up tobacco. Always vape at home now and cant see myself going back tbh. I have d020 bubbler for the mighty gives right bloody punch to head, love it. Sounds like your fan of combustion and i do know what you mean theirs is nothing like it. I donty mind smoking a big old J with mate now and again, special occasion.  

I hope to get into making edibles a lot more, got my eyes on making some gummies, it think its @OLaC recipe . Hopefully harvesting my own bud will give me enough quants to do this.

Ive spoken to @Dinafem-Mark and CBD is on the way for the next run, cant wait. i think i will hope like you medicate all different ways with it, intriguing to see how it works :)

• Like 3