Cookies Auto, Gorilla Auto, Dinamed Kush CBD Auto under LED inc. Scope 2

Fragg

@jadenugs no I haven’t tried them mate but have read the same thing. My days of keeping a rabbit ended about 20 years ago when a customers dog ate my little girls pet rabbit :nope: Thinking of top dressing my raised veg bed with some sheep shit as the worms will come to the surface and eat it as they do in my bin, just an abundant supply of that, there are some llamas not far away too and I hear their shit is da shit too :naughty:

• Like 3

That was a shame about the rabbit, a harrowing experience for your daughter :( 

Llama shit! Getting a bit posh now aren't we mate. I'm sure the worms will love processing a special treat. I can just see Fragg cammed up with balaclava on raiding the Llama farm lol  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jadenugs said:

I can just see Fragg cammed up with balaclava on raiding the Llama farm lol  

Me too I was considering a nighttime raid to the next door valley over the mountains during lockdown but couldn’t come up with a reasonable excuse if I got busted lol 

• Like 5

Grabbed a large one of these beauties to help support the site. Hoping when the girls see me in it they will start praying :)

large.T-shirt.jpg

Nice extra long T-shirt, good quality material and the printing seems well done too :oldtoker:

• Like 8

Hi @Fragg great start to the diary, I see @tokenroll has been trying to @ me under the influence of rum tincture again! :D

Have you considered entering this into the @diyleduk competition? I don't think I've seen you round those parts (forgive me if you have I do a lot of stoned reading!)

Apologies also for only just finding you here now! I've been quickly dumping my OJ pictures and not had much time for the Dinafem section!

Subscribed :yep:

• Like 4

@Exhale cheers :yep: hehe yeah apparently you are the man re macro shots with phones? What lens have you got?

I did want to enter the diyleduk comp to support Adam and hopefully show off the light but I’m committed with this diary in the Dinafem section for Mark so thought I won’t qualify :( I did like the idea of trying to tie up diyleduk and intense nutes along with Dinafem if that ever gets off the ground....

No apology required mate and thx for the follow:oldtoker:

• Like 5

@Fragg I use an Apexel 100mm macro lens on my Samsung S10+ it's a little clamp jobby you line up over your phone lens and then screw the lens housing on to, they produce some brilliant results though if you're shakey like me you might want to get yourself a steady grip or selfie stick and a bluetooth remote shutter you can just hold the phone steady with one hand and use your free hand to operate the remote.

Just link this diary in the grow diaries section and say you'd like to enter the competition, the judges will pop in and take a look :yep: that right @tokenroll?

• Like 5

Cookies Auto and Gorilla Week 2 - Day 14 Update + Introducing Moby Dick XXL Auto Day '0'

Evening all, I hope everyones garden's have enjoyed these cooler temps over the past week, mine certainly has and it's nice not to have the fan working it's tits off for a change too :) I'm going to munch some medible cookies this evening to help me with sitting at a desk, so if this post rambles a bit towards the end...you'll know why :smokin:

First up a slight change of plan to my perpetual grow. I had been hoping the Dinamed Kush CBD auto and Dinamed auto would have landed by now and to plant the Dinamed Kush next as she sounds superb! Instead I have decided to slide her back a slot in the grow by a couple of weeks that way she gets to flower more under the Scope V2 being 4 weeks or so behind the Cookies and Gorilla which should be chopped around the time she hits flower :yep: I would like to showcase the new LED light as much as possible to support the site sponsor regardless if this diary is acceptable for the competition as it is in the Dinafem section. It does however mean the new Moby Dick probably wont get a full time slot under the Scope and might even be half Scope half another LED, be quite good for side by side as long as I dont move her? Just an idea at this point.....

Right on with tonight's update. The environment has been alot kinder this week as I mentioned, temps keeping steady around 27 with some pretty high humity, 60-75% RH, from all the rainfall we have had here in the Lake District. Whats's new! lol

Cookies Auto under Dromgrow 240 Veg LED

She has come on well this week under the Dormgrow as expected, despite my best efforts to over feed her :rolleyes: I thought with the added coco in my mix I'd start early with a nudge of feed when normally I wouldn't give anything feed wise in plain Plant Magic Soil. Day 9 I gave her just 1l of bubbled rainwater with 0.3ml/l Fish Mix and Bio Silicon and 0.4ml/l Catalyst aka Seaweed. She already had some moisture in the pot and at this stage was drinking probably less than I lose to evaporation so just the 1l but this gave her second set of leaves a bit of droop, clearly a bit over eager. It's not that bad just a touch too much as AC/DC would put it :headbang:The following day, Day 10, I hit her with a foliar of Evolution which I do weekly until flower either that or Shropshire seaweed if I dont have any. Just as good tbh. Then on Day 12 she had her first 2l feed again with 0.3ml/l Fish Mix and Bio Silicon but just 0.3ml/l Catalyst not raising the feed given her reaction to the strength last time and eased the Catalyst too.

Below you can see her growth chart so far, the flat few days in the first week with the heat wave and the consequent growth as she ages, and the temps cooled. One minor point on my charts, I used Excel on Ipad and it is shite compared to PC version, so the dates are 1 out as I cant edit the series in Excel :/ NVM!

large.AC642900-C995-4A7B-8DBE-D25A14BD5177.jpeg

As you can see a nice growth pattern this week so I am happy overall despite a bit of 'floppyness' on her second set. Her internodes are really tight, I tried to take a shot but it's a jungle in there. lol She has put out nodes faster than the Gorilla and so has more square cm of leaf, her leaves are also fatter and of a more 'indica' type than the Gorilla. Here's a couple of shots of her at 2 weeks

Overhead of Cookie Auto Day 14

large.5f03911635fa8_DinafemCookiesDay14overhead.jpg

Side View of Cookie Auto Day 14

large.5f0391177ed79_DinafemCookiesDay14sideview.jpg

The new growth is looking healthy and she is starting to pick up the pace growth wise as you can see from the graph. Next week should see her increase in size a fair bit. It will be intriguing is she puts on more height and opens up more as I havent decided if I want to LST her yet...... Ideally for yield and especially with the lovely coverage given by my new Scope V2 it makes sense but I also always feel the pull of wanting to see how a plant performs structurally without me geting down and dirty with the pipe cleaner bondage :chains:. If she is short I will leave her but if she opens up she will be strapped down I think.

Gorilla Auto under Hans Panel

She had the same treatment, being in the same soil mix, as the Cookies with her first feed and foliar spray. She didnt droop however so I'm not a total muppet for giving a wee feed early on :) I decided to try a notch more on the Fish Mix and Cataltlyst with her on her second feed and gave her 0.4ml/l Fish Mix and Catlayst and 0.3ml/l Bio Silicon. She has looked the perkier of the 2 plants so far and overtaken the Cookies height wise despite having smaller leaves and a narrower stalk, so I think her feed is spot on for now. Her growth chart is below:

large.FF5000BD-476B-4E71-843A-56375F20449F.jpeg

Here are a couple of shots of her:

Overhead of the Gorilla Auto Day 14large.5f0392264e19e_DinafemGorillaDay14overhead.jpg

Side View of the Gorilla Auto Day 14

large.5f039227ded48_DinafemGorillaDay14sideon.jpg

They both appear to be maxed out feed wise but are growing fine so I will just tread carefully this week especially with the Cookies that seems a bit more sensitive to feed.

Points wise I'm very happy with the Gorilla so a 10/10 and knock a point off the Cookies for my heavy handed feeding even though it is isnt her fault so 9/10. I'm sure in a week so the state of the second set of leaves will be of zero concern tbh.

Moby Dick XXL Auto Day '0' - T5

Finally some pics of the new entry to my perpetual setup the Moby Dick XXL. There is a slight problem with this strain. When I called to the missus when the seedling popped her head up above ground, I felt a bit funny shouting "Come and see my Moby Dick" lol I didnt get to the XXL part.

There were 3 beans, 1 was huge the others not so much, which one to choose?:skin_up:

large.5f0392e0eb4f3_DinafemMobyDickXXLSeeds.jpg

She took over 24 hours to germinate so I added some Hydrogen Peroxide to help kill any unwanted bacteria and oxygenate the water further. A couple of hours later she had floated to surface once more, covered in bubbles with the root shooting out quicktime!

large.5f0392df77729_DinafemMobyDickXXLGermination.jpg

I put her into a new compost mix that I have read others recommending on here, Tropic Mix. Tired of Plant Magic, the soil I grabbed at the beggining of lockdown, it compacts badly during the grow hence me adding extra coco. Time to try a different mix I thought and why not go Tropical :) The only ammendment I made was some Plant Magic Granules. I prewatered the 20l airpot with bubbled rainwater 2 days before planting her and covering in clingfilm. She was then put in the tent under a T5 which will be her home for the next 2 weeks i.e. until a better slot in the grow becomes available to her. I didnt turn the T5 on it is warm enough in the tent and she doesnt need light underground!

Shot of all 3 so far. Front to Back Cookies, Gorilla, Moby Dick XXL

large.5f0392e23f5bc_GroupShotpresprout.jpg

By the second morning I thought I could see something appearing though the soil, went back about 3 hours later, peeled off the clingfilm and took this pic and popped the T5 on! The party has started :band:

large.5f03922962fac_DinafemMobyDickXXLAutoDay0.jpg

As I say the Dinamed Kush will be along but it will be a couple more weeks, for sure the beans will have landed by then. :yep:

That's all for now folks thanks for bearing with me and I hope a didnt ramble on too much! Damn the cookies are moorish, should sleep well tonight:eat:Hmmm Cookies cookies will have to be made!! Spliff o'clock now the post is done too :smoke:

Have a good week and keep it green all:oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 9

Nice one @Fragg.  Looking forward to seeing how the Moby Dick XXL progresses.  It's around a week younger than my White Widow XXL and about the same age as my Cheese XXL.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BudJ said:

Nice one @Fragg.  Looking forward to seeing how the Moby Dick XXL progresses.  It's around a week younger than my White Widow XXL and about the same age as my Cheese XXL.  

Cool we can have a race! :yep:

• Like 3

Actively Aerated Compost Tea Update

Top of the evening fellow ganja farmers! I hope everyone is feeling suitably medicated for this time of night :smokin: I thought I would check my worm bin to see how they are getting on having raided the bin HARD during lockdown building raised vegatable beds but also having given them special attention since. They have been on a regular gourmet diet of fresh sheep shit - sorry no llama shit, frozen veg peelings, powdered eggshells, and root balls from old plants and have bounced back superbly demolishing my last big sheep shit delivery within the week! So they are in fine fettle and the sheepshit is now beautiful smelling worm shit:smoke:I find my nose is always the best way to tell if it's ready, a good sniff and it smelt of forest floor:hippy: All ready for a Compost Tea I felt. :headbang:

Below is an image of my ingredients, I have covered this before in older diaries but they are well....old :)

large.5f0797258c6da_AACTingredients.jpg

The above were put into the leg from a pair of tights with a tablespoon of molasses with rainwater, it has been somewhat abundant of late! Then kept around 27C for 24 hours and bubbled with air to oxygenate the water and encourage aerobic as opposed to anearobic bacterial growth. I took 3/4 of the mix after 24 hours and watered some plants, I then tied another handful of worm castings in another stocking leg and added it to the pot with more molasses for the water too and brewed it up a further 24 hours. This continous culture allows me to give a proper feed to all my plants and then also to my vegatbles too, one brew aint enough! :headbang: 

Here is a pic when I started with just the one stocking in the molasses solution

large_AACT.jpg

Fantastic I thought back in action with the worm bin and then my nutes arrived! :guitar: I have been wanting to try @Intense Nutrients after others told me they had good results and seing the same on these boards. Plant Magic fell out of favour on here after they pulled sponsorship and Biobizz is a bit meh imho Bloom wise. I do like their Fish mix tho ;) I'm not great with bottles but without a supersoil to work with atm, as it's all busy growing food this year, I will have to try and get by with an organic range of nutes. I think I will still feed some of my Comfrey and then switch to the Intense Organix range. Is there anything I need to know about the ingredients of the products I have  @Intense Nutrients Matt with regard to how they will react with Compost Teas? Is there any seaweed used for example? If not I will add a little for micronutes for the herd:yep: Is Runzyme like BioBizz Bio Heaven, I'm a little confused what it is? I havent gone for the root stim as I never use it preferring instead to rely on Mycorrhizal Funghi and I still have a bag of that from Plant Magic I'm afraid.

This is what I picked up...

large.5f079726cee13_IntenseNutrients.jpg

Quite excited to try the new nutes, the bottles are the best designed I've come across in this game so hats off for that, lets hope the contents(in my old hands) are as good :)

That's all for now folks, stay frosty :oldtoker:

• Like 7

Hi bro thanks for trying our organix feed can't wait to see how you get on with it. 

The runzyme product is used for helping break down any old organic matter in your mix and help turning it into the sugars etc that are needed

As for the compost tea and our nutes I can't see any problems with the combo have subbed to the thread and will keep peeking in to see how you rate us lol

All the best bro 

Matt :skin_up: 

• Like 4