Cookies Auto, Gorilla Auto, Dinamed Kush CBD Auto under LED inc. Scope 2

Fragg

@Intense Nutrients Matt thanks for popping by mate and for the info, looking forward to trying the Runzyme. I like the sound of some enzyme action to speed things up at the microbial level :yep:

Just a thought for Intense Nutrients, I notice that you, along with other nutrient companies, don’t cater well for the auto market in terms of feed schedules. They have become increasingly popular over the last few years with many new growers especially attracted by their fast finishing times. Much harder to grow and get right than photos due to their unforgiving veg time but it is what it is. My point being you could steal some advantage on the opposition with a suggested autoflower feed schedule based on the average life span of 10 weeks. Even a comment saying with autos start with half the recommended feed and work up would show you are thinking of the auto grower as a potential customer. 

Apologies if you have done this already and I missed it on your site lol 

Just an idea please feel free to tell me to fuck off :oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 4

Feck off lol

all ideas are welcome dude I will pass it over to hq and let them know 

I think a lot of brand new growers miss the main fact of autos being that you need some grow experience to do well with them as you don't have the time to correct any problems that may come up like with photoperiods

• Like 3

Cookies Auto and Gorilla Auto Week 3 - Day 21 Update

Evening all it is update o'clock once again and I'm delighted to report a very succesful week for the two young ladies as they started gaining some real size in the run up to flowering. Today I decided they were both ready for LST, I was sorely tempted to just grow them out naturally to see how they look structurally etc but fuck it! lol I didnit get a lovely new Scope V2 light with decent coverage not to make use of it, plus it will improve my yield and what's not to like about that  :smoke:They have been pretty much neck and neck height wise all week with the Gorilla just being the taller of the two whilst the Cookies has by far the bigger leaves and stem at this point so looks to be the bigger plant of the two. I was also untucking bud site from behind leaves with the Cookies which meant she put more energy into her side shoots rather than main apical bud. As to which would have been taller..... I guess we will never know now :)

Temps have been cool all week with plenty breeze which helps with fresh air so kept the tent around 27 happily all week:yep:

The big boost of the week was the Compost Tea which I covered in the previous post but you can see from their graphs below they both got a big boost from the addition of worm shit tea. :headbang:I gave it on Day 19 which shows as 20 on the graph.  It is the one item I add to a grow that ALWAYS works wonders and at any stage of growth too, I should bottle it and make a fortune but keeping the bugs alive would be the issue as you would always have to ship live cultures hey-ho :) I also gave them a boost of a foliar spray of Plant Magic Evolution a couple of days before the compost tea. The Cookies being a bigger girl and slightly lighter coloured leaves I decided needed a feed, well in all honesty I couldnt wait to play with my new nutes from @Intense Nutrients! :guitar: I decided to kick off with half the recommended dose of the Grow and Runzyme, so 2l with 0.5ml/l and see how she took it, I also added 0.5ml/l  Catalyst for the bacteria, then I fed a litre of Molasses afterwards, again for the bacteria and to keep the micoherd as active as possible. :badass:

large.68FD7A86-E0E6-4678-B0D2-E4BCB691F65C.jpeglarge.3386B093-C8F0-4902-9C5C-4CC0A22EBEE4.jpeg

Onto the pics for this evening then first up the pre LST ones, then the X-Rated, post bondage ones with all the ladies spread as wide as I could get them :chains:

Gorilla Auto under Hans Panel Day 21

Overhead of the Gorilla Auto Day 21

large.5f0ba7262b4b3_DinafemGorillaDay21overhead.jpg

Side View of the Gorilla Auto Day 21

large.5f0ba73a79936_DinafemGorillaDay21sideon.jpg

Gorilla Auto Day 21 - After LST

large.5f0cd5453a8e0_DinafemGorillaDay21postLST.jpg

Cookies Auto under Dromgrow 240 Veg LED Day 21

Side View of the Cookies Auto Day 21 - much tighter internodes and thicker stalk

large.5f0ba8c32e49f_DinafemCookiesDay21sideview.jpg

Overhead View of the Cookies Auto Day 21

large.5f0ba6986e932_DinafemCookiesDay21overhead.jpg

Overhead(ish) View of the Cookies Auto Day 21

large.5f0ba6968989c_DinafemCookiesDay21overhead2.jpg

Cookies Auto Day 21 - After LST, really thick stalk on her!

large.5f0cd62e7e713_DinafemCookiesDay21postLST1.jpg

Cookies Auto Day 21 - After LST

large.5f0cd63005490_DinafemCookiesDay21postLST2.jpg

As I said earlier very pleased with how this week has gone, I introduced the Intense range to the Cookie and the Gorilla will follow next feed too.:yep: You can see how happy she is with life so far let's hope it continues with these nutes next week as it's 'big up week' with lots of LST adjustments to open as many bud sites as I can for the following week when they will both start flowering:yahoo:I will put them under the new Scope V2 then.

10/10 for both of these ladies at week 3. Dinafem seem to deliver time after time, germination is always spot on, growth rates always vigorous I really cant ask for more!

I am starting to get a little concerned about the Dinamed beans no show so far, preferably I would like to start them soon, as is the perpetual way of things, hopefully they show up next week and I can crack on, if not I will simply crack another bean and wait until @Dinafem-Mark is back from his break at the end of July :)

That's all for this evening folks I'll be back with an update on the Moby Dick XL next!

Keep it green all:oldtoker:

• Like 6

Looking good @Fragg So much more growth on these compared to my White Widow XXL which is only a few days younger.  Must be that magic potion you're using :magic:  If you do start bottling it sign me up as your first customer!   

Can I ask what distance you're running your lights at?

Edited by BudJ
Lights question
  • Like 1

@BudJ hehe well I thought I better up my game as I was in a race and realised I was up against a decent light :D The Compost Tea worked a treat though as per usual so they are set up well for the flowering stage in a week or so :yep:

The lights I am running at 16” from the canopy, under the T5 I keep them about 10 cm away, higher if temps rise.

Thanks for popping in mate and ATB for your grow:oldtoker:

• Like 3

Hi @Fragg things are going really good, don't discount the Tropic Mix having such an effect on plant growth either! I find the plants really grow in this stuff compared with the other high peat potting mixes - the addition of the coco really improves things a lot I think, try and keep it a bit on the damper side as well don't let the pots get too light. How are you liking the stuff so far? it's one of those products I don't understand why they aren't charging more for, it's a few quid more than your average shop bought MP mix but it's considerably less than these "premium" soils/mixes available for twice the price! I'm going to be ordering pallets of it when the new tunnel is in the garden, I put a single tom in a bag of it this year in the year and I've got that one plant covering 2 6ft trellis panels - I usually use 2 "grobags" per panel!

• Like 3

@Exhale thanks for swinging by mate, I wouldn’t discount it but they aren’t in the Tropic Mix, they are in the Modified Plant Magic Soil I mentioned earlier. ;)  The Moby Dick XL, which I will update on later today, is in Tropic Mix and only a week old but super perky so v impressed with it so far:yep: Agree with you on pricing, I thought it was very reasonable and I haven’t modified it as I want to see how it does, all I added was was funghi.....My preference is for a nice homemade organic soil mix based around worm castings but I’ve used them all this year so keen to find a replacement for Plant Magic/Clover.

ATB mate:oldtoker:

• Like 3

@Fragg oh mate I do apologise! my memory doesn't keep up with all these diaries especially when i'm on the vape! I knew you were getting the Tropic Mix from general memory so I thought you'd already started :D 

I remember reading your ACT update the other day and thought yep, I need to pull a finger out and get on that for the garden instead of wasting money on bottled stuff. Anything beyond that it's gone man! :oldtoker:

• Like 2

@Exhale haha no worries man, it is exactly the kinda thing I do lol My memory has never been good but these days it;s fucking atrocious :oldtoker:

• Like 2

Moby Dick XXL Auto Week 1 - Day 7 Update

No rest for the wicked as it's update time once again but this time for the youngest in this diary, so far, the Moby Dick XL auto, planted in the Tropic Mix with some Plant Magic Granules and prewatered with rain water a couple of days before sewing the seed. Clearly a seedling in a 20l airpot does not require a soaked pot but I'm not watering the plant but rather activating the microbiological processes. On day 4 she was given 1l only of the compost tea I made this week, I did say it can be used from seedling to flower and here is the proof. I watered it undiluted mostly around her in a circle with just a little for the middle to be careful not to overwater her. Temps have been low all week which has allowed me to get the T5 to a nice close 10cm, I have misted her a fair bit for humidity. Humidity is an issue for me in a perpetual grow in a single tent, ideally I want high humidity during veg and low during late flower but all I can do is mist locally and live with what nature provides. :yinyang:

It has been a great first week for her and she hasnt missed a beat, especially after hitting her with the compost tea to give a boost to the already vigorous Dinafem auto genetics. First up her graph showing how she is taking off, as much as a seedling can, after the compost tea, promising a very vigorous veg period :yahoo:Again the graph is a day out day 8 is day 7 to my mind just Excel being a PITA...

large.805F6A41-E6F6-468A-BA83-0E8AFF81B05A.jpeg

Here's a couple of pics of her after her first week of life. I've not put any Intense logo on the image as she hasnt had any yet and I dont have a worm shit logo :) First up the overhead shot...

large.5f0e1a5469050_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay7TopView.jpg

The other shot is the side on view showing how perky she is, cue @Exhale's comment on the wonders of Tropic Mix :) Seriously though the pic does show how much coco the mix has quite well and what a happy lil lady she is!

large.5f0e1a52c6cb6_DinafemMobyDickXXLDay7SideView.jpg

That's all for the first week on the Moby Dick XXL, I will give her 10+/10 and then toddle off and set up a market stall selling bottles of worm shit tea, aka AACT, it's posh name ;) Let's hope the vigour continues over the coming weeks, she will stay under the T5 for probably another week although I'm tempted to try and move some other plants around to get her under LED sooner, given her yield potential. Dinafem promise " Mind-blowing monster yields in record time" on their site...bring it on :boxing:

Stay safe and keep it green all:oldtoker:

• Like 6

It is still a no show on the Dinamed CBD auto and Dinamed Kush CBD auto and given that Mark is away for awhile I’m taking the executive decision to crack another bean. :headbang:The show must go on and all that :) Therefore next up in this diary will be the Dinafem Blue Amnesia XXL auto, I have grown her before and she got mahooosive on me, when I had a small tent, with a killer terpene profile that gave the most amazing flavours. :naughty: I bought the beans back in 2015 I think but they have been kept in the fridge so hopefully should still be viable:yep:

I’ll give it another day or so then if they don’t arrive I will crack on:oldtoker:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fragg said:

It is still a no show on the Dinamed CBD auto and Dinamed Kush CBD auto and given that Mark is away for awhile I’m taking the executive decision to crack another bean. :headbang:The show must go on and all that :) Therefore next up in this diary will be the Dinafem Blue Amnesia XXL auto, I have grown her before and she got mahooosive on me, when I had a small tent, with a killer terpene profile that gave the most amazing flavours. :naughty: I bought the beans back in 2015 I think but they have been kept in the fridge so hopefully should still be viable:yep:

I’ll give it another day or so then if they don’t arrive I will crack on:oldtoker:

I'm waiting on a seed delivery as well mate which @Dinafem-Markwas trying to get sent before he went on his break.  Suspect he didn't get a chance to send beforehand.  It includes (non-Blue) Amnesia XXL Auto, which I might do next round so I'll be most interested in this grow!  All the best.

• Like 2

@BudJ it could just be that they are coming from Spain and taking time in the current environment......I haven’t given up hope, it’s just a timing thing for me with doing a perpetual grow. THe CBD strains will come, just delayed a couple of weeks now in the grow if they don’t pitch up soon.......Pleased that the next in line will be of interest to you too, I’ll be interested to see your Amnesia if you cover it?

ATB mate:oldtoker:

@2Fat2EatThat thanks for popping in and leaving the positive vibes:yep: Hope you enjoy the show :) 

• Like 2