Cookies Auto, Gorilla Auto, Dinamed Kush CBD Auto under LED inc. Scope 2

Fragg

Intro

First, big thanks to @Dinafem-Mark for the beans and it's nice to be back home in the Dinafem section after a prolonged break. I had my house on the market and was unable to grow. Total mare tbh once the stash ran out and I had to resort to street weed again. :fart: Super pricey and total hit and miss regarding pain relief properties which for me is crucial. I had to have a break from uk420 too as it would have been to heart wrenching seeing all these lovely grows and being unable to crack a bean :chains: But thanks to COVID I'm back in the saddle for a while and until I see the world settle down, I'm staying put, plus isn't it great that nobody can come into your home during the lockdown!! :wassnnme: At the advent of lockdown, I panic bought growing stuff whilst bog roll seemed in fashion to others :rolleyes:, not just for ganja but for vegetables too so I've had a mad 3 months building soils and raised beds etc but great fun despite using all my good super soil and worm bin contents for veggies :doh: .....some epic veg is on the way lol

I mentioned in the seeds for diary thread that I managed to cock up my original strain selection with Mark. Despite being within spitting distance of 56 I still get like a kid in a sweetie shop when confronted with FREE new strains to try, that and some medibles and I totally missed that Dinafem have their CBD autos under the CBD section and not the auto section these days. I was too flustered by the thought of trying the new Gorilla auto, I fuckling love GG4 :punk:, and Cookies auto so I just whacked a Moby Dick on at the end as I've always wanted to try her too....... MANY days later it dawned on my stoned ass that in my eagerness I had missed ALL the CBD autos, not only that, I discovered they now have Dinamed as an auto too. :guitar:I have done several diaries for Dinafem and Mark a few years ago and many of them were on CBD strains as I love it for pain relief and general health tbh so the idea of Dinamed auto really appealed to me. So I tried contacting Mark on the off chance he was waiting to batch send off the selections from members and see if I could swap my Moby for the Dinamed auto. Mark said he had already given the order but would not only send me the Dinamed CBD auto but also throw in the Dinamed Kush CBD auto as well!! :yahoo:Frankly she looks better than the straight Dinamed just from looking at the info on Dinafems site. 16% CBD vs 13-14% for the Dinamed and 65 days only to boot,  :cheers: to Mark for pointing me in the right direction ;)

Here's a pic of the first 3 eagles that landed...on an old Dinafem brochure I had lying about...

large.seed_tins_1800.jpg

As I grow in perpetual way, I have decided to pop a Cookies and Gorilla together then crack the Dinamed Kush once she lands, with the others following later with any luck!

large.Dinafem_Cookies_Gorilla_shot_glass.jpg

Straight into shot glasses with water on arrival, spring water I collect from the mountain I use. I try to use rain, but the last few months have made that impossible despite being in the wettest part of England lol Then into airing cupboard and give them 24 hours is the usual procedure....

Guess what? 100% germination once again from Dinafem in quick time too! Before the 24 hours were up they had both cracked with the tips of their roots showing and also just visible on both the photos, despite my lack of camera and macro, is the dark tip of the sheath that covers the root as it emerges from the shell casing. Known as the coleorhiza, I mention it as it makes an appearance in a later photo too...

The Gorilla Auto

large.5eefc687b00ab_DinafemGorillaGerminationColeorhiza1.jpg

The Cookies Auto

large.5eefc6608bed5_DinafemCookiesGermination1.jpg

Once I see that there is life, they go straight into their final 20l airpots. For these 2 I made up the same soil mix. As I mentioned I have no supersoil available for ganja right now so I'm trying Plant Magic Soil Supreme atm modified with Coco, for more aeration, and Worm Castings, Eggshells, Volcanic Rock dust, Gypsum, Crab meal and a liberal sprinkling of Plant Magic Granules for the roots. I then prewated the pot with some rainwater...yes some did fall at last lol . Planted them about 0.5cm deep and lightly covered with soil and finally covered the pots in clingfilm and popped them in the tent for warmth and hope for the best......

large.5eefc66300c1b_DinafemCookiesGorillaunderT5.jpglarge.5eefc661c280b_DinafemCookiesGorillaunderT52.jpg

48 hours later they both popped their heads up :yep: The Gorilla still had her coleorhiza stuck on her cotyledons, apologies for my phone pic, but it looks like slime almost in the photo with a black speck, I mentioned earlier, as it came out of the seed casing.

large.5eefc68876fb5_DinafemGorillaSproutingColeorhiza1.jpg

I got my trusty piece of thin wire I use for occasional removal of seed casings from cotyledons and a magnifying glass, cos I can see fuck all these days :D and slid the coleorhiza off the top and the seed casing from the stem and left them for the next pic which came out well....for a phone :) The coleorhiza is at the bottom right, next to the stem and the discarded case above

large.5eefc68ad3d96_DinafemGorillaSproutingColeorhiza2.jpg

Here is one of the Cookies not such a great shot I'm afraid, phones aren't great for closeup shots :(

large.5eefc65f935d2_DinafemCookiesDay0.jpg

And so it begins with more to follow, apologies for rambling on but it's been a while ;) I've said enough for now and will go into my set up, lights etc on the next post..... as long as they survive the incoming heatwave :sweaty:.....

Keep it green all:oldtoker:

• Like 19

great intro to your diary, and some fantastic pics. 

I hope they do well for you,

Do you just grow autos? I guess its a good idea if you are going perpetual, 

good luck with them.

• Like 6

Great to see you up and running again dude and most of all not reliant on street weed lol  Off to a great start with the seedlings, best of luck with them and the rest that follow ;) 

Nice pics from the phone cam mate :yep: 

e2a hope they're doing ok in this heat. I think I'm gonna wait til next week before I get my next lot on the go.

Edited by jadenugs
  • Like 5

@badbillybob thanks very much! I was worried about using a phone having seen the quality of others photos on here of late, the standard has jumped since I was last on the boards.

Atm just autos yeah, thinking I may have to pull the plug on the grow at any time and put my place back on the market. Rather than lose a whole grow I can keep harvesting every week or so until the dreaded decision becomes inevitable. Plus I love the variety of autos, it helps in keeping my tolerance tolerable ;) The big bonus however is making hash, oil or medibles using a variety of strains thereby having different cannabinoid profiles all mixed into one :headbang:

Thanks for the good wishes much appreciated :oldtoker:

• Like 6

@jadenugs thanks for popping in mate :yep: Yeah temps went a bit nuts yesterday but they have limped through with lots of misting and a unique way of cooling down my tent. I needed to restock my ice cream freezer as it was all out of date ready for reopening in July, so have been carting 4 x 4l tubs of old ice cream every few hours into the tent and chucking it down the bog once melted lol

I was hoping to crack the Dinamed Kush CBD ready for it cooling down again but they haven’t landed as yet....

ATB for your next run! :oldtoker:

• Like 8

Ooh lovely!  Plenty of room in here and got in early so I'm gonna grab a seat quick and settle down for the show :yep: 

Pukka start and usual excellence my friend with these girls rocking it already :v:   (I know what you mean above with the photo standards too. These folks here are now using fine cameras indeed and blasting it with picture quality, puts my little crappy point and shoot to the sword lol  not to mention the skillz about the place! :lookaround: 

Your pics are tidy mate and looking forward to watching these grow up in your more than capable hands.   

:lucky: 

• Like 5

On 26/06/2020 at 2:43 PM, Fragg said:

@jadenugsI@jadenugsI needed to restock my ice cream freezer as it was all out of date ready for reopening in July, so have been carting 4 x 4l tubs of old ice cream every few hours into the tent and chucking it down the bog once melted lol

That's one way to to get rid of out of date ice-cream :rofl:

Looking nice mate, good detail. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, botanics said:

Ooh lovely!  Plenty of room in here and got in early so I'm gonna grab a seat quick and settle down for the show :yep: 

Pukka start and usual excellence my friend with these girls rocking it already :v:   (I know what you mean above with the photo standards too. These folks here are now using fine cameras indeed and blasting it with picture quality, puts my little crappy point and shoot to the sword lol  not to mention the skillz about the place! :lookaround: 

Your pics are tidy mate and looking forward to watching these grow up in your more than capable hands.   

Thanks for the support once again mate:yep: I will just do the best I can with the phone, it is nice just doing an ordinary diary and not having to worry about competitions tbh. ;) I just hope I can do them justice, bit of a close shave this week with temps but they have survived and it is a lot cooler now! noticed you won the Dinafem comp in 2018, nice one dude! Btw the link to the diary is broken? 

11 hours ago, Shumroom said:

That's one way to to get rid of out of date ice-cream :rofl:

Looking nice mate, good detail. 

Hehe yeah typical ganja growing lateral thinking I thought :)

Love your nick btw.... still got about 1000 from last season:hippy:

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Fragg said:

noticed you won the Dinafem comp in 2018, nice one dude! Btw the link to the diary is broken?

Yeah the Remo Chemo run, I made that hard work aye lol  Hover over over the first word - 'Dinafem' for that link mate and it'll take you there (I just didn't link the whole line for some reason and will have to sort it ;) )

• Like 6

@Fragg nice to see you up and running again. Im going to follow along in the background and see how these autos go as im considering doing a run in the veg space once I have my flower cab in full production.

Diary and images are great btw. Ask @exhale where he got his macro lens for this smartphone, don't underestimate what you can do on a phone these days.

Take care and keep it green.

Toke...

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@Fragg nice to see you up and running again. Im going to follow along in the background and see how these autos go as im considering doing a run in the veg space once I have my flower cab in full production.

Diary and images are great btw. Ask @exhale where he got his macro lens for this smartphone, don't underestimate what you can do on a phone these days.

Take care and keep it green.

Toke...

Cheers @tokenroll thanks for the follow and congrats on your Sweet Seeds win mate, thoroughly deserved with next level photography too. Also hats off to you for playing what must have been a major role in converting this site to the joys of LEDs. Back in 2017 I was one of the few running LEDs on here and there was a lot of negativity towards LED then but it seems that vibe has turned around at last :) Picked up a Scope V2 275XLfrom @diyleduk which will feature in this grow along with a few other of my lights, we shall see...

Appreciate the heads up regarding macros on phones too:yep:

ATB mate :oldtoker:

• Like 9

Week 1 Day 7 Update

Evening folks! Time for the first update on the first 2 out of the blocks in this diary, the Cookies and Goriila autos. Well frankly this week, with the crazy temps, it was just survival mode for the new babies, I thought I might well be starting a new diary this week when I saw the bloody forecast! It was HOT HOT HOT :sweaty:. I misted as often as I could, not something I usually do but I tried to cool them down and raise the humidity to help them cope :unsure:

Before I go into any detail of this week though I thought I should update on my setup as I have upgraded my tent and extraction.  Since I was last here as my daughter has been moved out for years and gave her blessing for me convert her bedroom into a groom...bless her :wub: I bagged a bigger tent at the beginning of lockdown and my 6" Stratos was fine for the 1.2 x 1.2 but was never going to cut it with twice the size.....

The Setup

Green Qube 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m

Revolution Vector Silenced EC Fan 200mm (8") 1332m3/hr with G.A.S EC1 Controller which makes life easy and saves money as it adapts 1% at a time to changing temps in the tent. I was grateful for this fan over the past week!

CarboAir 60 Carbon Filter with Phoenix Ultra-Silent Ducting to stop the 'whooshing' noise :)

Passive intake with 6 vents and extra 6" ducting feeding under open window and 4" ducting attached to a massive old PC cardboard box I use for drying

Lighting

I will list what I have but I'm not 100% sure which plants will get which lights as yet, except that I will flower as much as possible under the Scope V2 275XL, I will just need to wait until the plants ahead of them finish is all. It should be timed right but sometimes things can take longer. The following are my lights:

• 4 Tube T5 x 2
  • Hans Panel
  • Old Dormgrow 140w G8 Veg light <-- My fav light for veg, 'tis a blurple but has some UV I think, it has turned out great plants for flower time after time. Flowered under it once and the terpenes were amazing!!
  • 2 x Old Dormgrow 140w G8 Bloom light <-- Again a blurple just with more red. Not a stunning light performance wise, like the Veg version, but not bad
  • HLG 260w 3000k Quantum Board
  • ChilLED Gen2 v1 2 x 175w
  • Diyleduk Scope v2 3500k 275XL <-- will be using this new light as much as possible. Much better spread of the light using strips compared a my QB and better spectrum with far red too :guitar:

I am not running the tent full anymore or all of the lights on as temps during summer can be an issue, as we just found out over the last few days :down: On the upside I have just harvested a Dinafem Critical 2.0, 2 full kilners worth, an IPCBD, a Sweet Sweet Seeds Arghani Delicious, a Sweet Seeds Black Jack and a Dutch Passion Night Queen so jars are full :smoke:Lots of oil making and making of medibles too this last week which has been fun.

Feeding

Biobizz Fish Mix and Bloom

Plant Magic Catalyst

Plant Magic Bio silicon

Molasses

My nutes

Homegrown Aloe Vera - for seedlings
Homegrown Comfrey - for later in veg
Compost Tea - if the worms can process all the sheep shit and bananas etc I've been feeding them in time!

I wanted to give Intense Nutrients a go but the beans landed too quickly and I didnt get my arse in gear to buy them soon enough so going with nutes I have :bangin:

Right on with tonight's show, well it is more proof of life after this week :D They went the first 4 days without any input from me watering wise or misting etc, I just like to leave them well alone and resist temptation to fiddle. After 4 days I gave them both a litre each of bubbled spring water with about a golf balls worth of Aloe Vera I had frozen from the last Aloe harvest. I warmed the water to melt the Aloe then popped it in the blender to mix it well, then added 0.4ml/l Plant Magic Catalyst.

The Cookies has spent her first week under a T5 and the Gorilla under a Hans Panel set on Veg, basically just the blue LEDs on. I do have another T5 but it is currently in use by a Mephisto Genetics 24 Carat

Group shot of Cookie Auto in the rear under a T5 and Gorialla Auto under the Hans Panel on Veg setting

large.5ef90c808a955_DinafemCookiesandGorillaDay7Group1.jpg

Overhead of Cookie Auto Day 7

large.5ef90c8230a3b_DinafemCookiesDay71.jpg

Side on View of the Cookie Auto

large.5ef90c83d3382_DinafemCookiesDay72.jpg

Overhead of the Cookies Auto Day 7

large.5ef90c9bc2bdd_DinafemGorillaDay71.jpg

Gorilla Auto Side on View

large.5ef90c9d337ba_DinafemGorillaDay72.jpg

The Cookies under the T5 is ahead in the race at this stage, she was first out of the blocks germination wise and, as is often the case, the initial germination vigour translates into faster initial growth too. Both baby girls suffered this week due to the heat of course, as a result upward growth wasnt as fast as I would have liked. You can see the upturned leaves on the photo above as evidence of the heat stress, she also has a small mark on one of her leaves which I am guessing is me misting a bit too much and making a droplet. The good news is its now bloody freezing and we just had the wettest June day ever recorded in England not too far from my place yesterday, so grabbed lots of rainwater :) The girls have responded already to the cooler temps and I will upgrade the Cookies to my Dormgrow Veg Light to kick her on tomorrow. I am hopeful that an early introduction to the Dormgrow will make up for the heat stress of the early days, any problematic days with autos hurt eventual yield and unfortunately you cant fix it by vegging for another week or two. I'm not concerned though as I could see daily progress despite the heat and they dont appear really stunted :B):

I like to give my plants marks out of 10 to help monitor progress and I'm going with 2 x 10s for these two Dinafem autos as they have powered through a very stressful first week :headbang:

That's all for now folks, back in a week with any luck :lucky:

Keep it green all:oldtoker:

Edited by Fragg
  • Like 10

Nice update @Fragg and cracking set-up, makes mine look a bit Fisher Price lol  I'll be following along with interest....see what can be done with the Dinafem Autos. 

• Like 5

@BudJ haha thanks  I have been investing in grow gear for a number of years, it is a lot cheaper than buying street weed is my philosophy :oldtoker:

• Like 6

Nice upgrades on the set up bro and the girls are looking great considering what they've been through in their first week :) 

Have you tried rabbit shit in your compost teas? I read a long time ago that it's good and won't burn the plants even when added to the soil as fresh droppings, but never did any more research to see if anyone else backed it up.

Just wondered if you'd tried it with any success.

All the best dude, those girls should fly along in the cooler temps in your capable hands :yep: 

• Like 6