Pineapple Skunk x The New

Smokebelch

Thanks to anyone who snags a pack, as I have limited space it’s going to be cool having you guys testing them alongside me.

Please feel free to report your findings and post any photos of any nice phenos that you come across in here. If they produce some nice plants I will make some more sometime next year.

I potted up the slower one this evening so hopefully it will put on a spurt of growth and catch up with the other two. I should have enough space in the veg tent to get another 5 going which will be 8 plants in total.

Thanks again for the support guys @Amo @Exhale@loki-will-kill-you@ratdog@unity @grotbags and anyone else who is interested, it should be a lot of fun searching through these seeds.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 13

Subbed again for these, I love pineapple skunk and I wanna know what the fuzz is about this "new" strain, good opportunity to find out now. 

If I'm not mistaken the new is only available as feminized seeds so how does that work with the male female ratio? Does that mean we have more chance of females? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CannaKay said:

Subbed again for these, I love pineapple skunk and I wanna know what the fuzz is about this "new" strain, good opportunity to find out now. 

If I'm not mistaken the new is only available as feminized seeds so how does that work with the male female ratio? Does that mean we have more chance of females? 

Unfortunately not as the parents are a male (XX) and a female (XY) so the chances are 50/50, with fem seeds both parents are female (XX) so no Y chromosome hence no chance of males, that's my understanding of it anyway.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, loki-will-kill-you said:

Unfortunately not as the parents are a male (XX) and a female (XY) so the chances are 50/50, with fem seeds both parents are female (XX) so no Y chromosome hence no chance of males, that's my understanding of it anyway.

Yea that makes sense,  I'm questioning it because the pollen that is used comes from a geneticly manipulated female. 

• Like 3

Great job SmokeB and very nice looking both seeds and plants you harvested there. Will be def a fun running through them! This may be the time I subscribe as I'm very interested on both strains, this could be a killah cross! Good luck with your test run :punk:

• Like 4

@LeafneckNice one dude, looks like you are going on a proper pheno hunt, I really hope there is something special in those seeds for you to discover, good luck with them.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@CannaKayThe pollen was from a 100% Male plant from a pack of Pineapple Skunk Regs seeds. 

I was aiming at the new female, she self pollinated at some point by some sort of manipulation and made us fems, then you used your male pollen on those seeds, does the seeded mum not pass on any traits to the offspring ? Like hermaphrodism and the male female ratio as the previous pollen was collected through manipulation, this shit is confusing when your stoned lol

• Like 3

@CannaKay Sorry dude, I got confused. Yeah the female The New that I used was from a feminised seed. This is all new to me too dude, this is my first attempt at breeding.

Apparently if you hit feminised female seed plants with regular Male pollen then the offspring are 100% regulars.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@CannaKay Sorry dude, I got confused. Yeah the female The New that I used was from a feminised seed. This is all new to me too dude, this is my first attempt at breeding.

Apparently if you hit feminised female seed plants with regular Male pollen then the offspring are 100% regulars.

Yea that's the info I was after tnx mate, always wondered what would happen if a feminised female would be pollinated by a reg male, tried looking it up but couldn't find any info on it. 

That means I can flower a fem and if I find a keeper chuck some pollen on top of her. 

Good to know for the future as I don't have space to breed yet but I wanna give it a go at some point. 

• Like 3