Dinafem X Intense Nutrients Grow Off / Basic Organic Grow / Ocean Grown Cookies & Orange Juice.

highway_017

You will get the hang of it man. Topping is even easier lol puts the brakes on for a few days but they always bounce back from it. I top at the 3rd node aswell when they're probably not really ready for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michaeldbc said:

You will get the hang of it man. Topping is even easier lol puts the brakes on for a few days but they always bounce back from it. I top at the 3rd node aswell when they're probably not really ready for it.

I've done the LST before but not like what I have done with the Speed+ AFs. If you take a look at my Sig I Have a link to it there so you can see what I mean. Basically exactly as Blackpool does.
( I'm not exagarating it really is a lot of work. Hour or so everyday. Sometimes a little more. You need to constantly adjust the Ties. :chains:

And yeah Topping is no hassle. I planned to use it here but IMO it would only be detrimental since everything is multi branched already. Nothing to gain there really. I think it's more useful for building
a shape up over a couple weeks combined with other training. That's where the Yield increase seems to be as opposed to just the once.

• Like 2

Looking great, they're motoring along ;)

Topping is great for shaping a symmetrical plant if you've got the time for the recovery or if you catch it at the right time on vigorous plants, then sometimes you hardly notice a hold up.

LST better for a quick veg IMO, or like you say Autos :yep:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jadenugs said:

Looking great, they're motoring along ;)

Cheers! They certainly are! :skull:

1 hour ago, jadenugs said:

Topping is great for shaping a symmetrical plant if you've got the time for the recovery or if you catch it at the right time on vigorous plants, then sometimes you hardly notice a hold up.

LST better for a quick veg IMO, or like you say Autos :yep:

This is the conclusion I've came to as well after some 'extensive research'. :yep:

Orginal plan was to finish the Autoflowers under the 18/6 and give the photos a long veg with topping and LST but I've ditched that and Instead I'm
Planning to switch the timer over on Friday. I think they are a good size. lots of good side branching.

amsterdammer says once they have 2 good nodes on lower branches and a healthy crown that is good to go. I'm probably going to wait till Next week even though by his definition they
would be ready to flip I don't want to take any chances. If they start getting too large during week It will be an earliy switch.

I suppose this is my first proper go TBH as my last ones were just messing a bit with cupboards and outdoors during the summer and spring. Got me started and Yeilded about 12g
from a little bagseed plant I put outdoors funnily enough because it was all screwed up by training.. The others got a diesease so it ended up 'saving' the season for me. Better than nothing! :rolleyes:

It's definately a learning experience but I have all the info I learned while messing around during the summer and spring to fall back on. I haven't messed up Drastically in any ways although
I have made a couple newbie mistakes. Failed LST early on that I gave up on. Left the window open a few nights and it went down to 16c. Had to switch Light cycle early on. Fed the autos
following the photo schedule. Not PH'ing or EC'ing but I'm sure it's not needed as they explained to me that those things aren't necessary for organic nutrients and compost. :)

In any case I'm enjoying doing the updates. Nice to hear back from everyone so far. It gets boring in the beginning when you don't have much to show off yet and no is commenting. lol

• Like 3

BTW. any advice from anyone with a couple crops is more than welcomed seeing as I'm still a bit of a newbie. Especially when it comes to the Greater Indoors. ;)

• Like 2

Hey, so pleased to hear the news about your sight not being as serious as it first looked that's really great news.

Your plants are looking so lovely and healthy.  I'm always impressed by people with neat and tidy organised grows like yours where the plants are in nice neat lines....mines are always to higgeldy piggeldy. 

Hope they keep growing awesome 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, highway_017 said:

BTW. any advice from anyone with a couple crops is more than welcomed seeing as I'm still a bit of a newbie. Especially when it comes to the Greater Indoors. ;)

I'd be topping them and removing the fans leaves that are shading the lowers :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Happyeccentric said:

Hey, so pleased to hear the news about your sight not being as serious as it first looked that's really great news.

Cheers. ;)

Yeah it's a big relief. Obviously still having the same issues but It's good to know It's not something more serious. :unsure:

Your plants are looking so lovely and healthy.  I'm always impressed by people with neat and tidy organised grows like yours where the plants are in nice neat lines....mines are always to higgeldy piggeldy. 

Hope they keep growing awesome 

Thank you! Although I did cheat a little by moving them to be more perfectly alligned before the photoshoot. :P
But I agree It's really pleasing to the Eye. Could sit in there all day If It wasn't for the lamp.

8 hours ago, flighty said:

I'm well worried about topping them TBH. :unsure:

It would be cool to some Topped Untopped but that would Defeat the purpose as I'd have a well uneven canopy then.. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Topping won't even bother them plants mate they're easily big enough to take it. I topped my current plant at the 3rd node this time round and it didn't slow it for long. They love it :hippy:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

Topping won't even bother them plants mate they're easily big enough to take it. I topped my current plant at the 3rd node this time round and it didn't slow it for long. They love it :hippy:

13 hours ago, flighty said:

Ok ok. I'm topping them. lol

Do they need a weeks veg to recover or am I good to flip them?

Edited by highway_017
  • Like 1

If your planning to flip I'd give them a few days afterwards. But if you want to flip now I just wouldn't bother topping myself and get the timer going.

• Like 1