Dinafem X Intense Nutrients Grow Off / Basic Organic Grow / Ocean Grown Cookies & Orange Juice.

highway_017

Hi @highway_017

Saw it was your grow diary and thought I would pop in and say hi.

Shame about the ballast but these things happen.  I always use some  jeyes fluid to clean the greenhouse and it might be good for wiping down that led if your wanting to be extra thorough after the weird disease thing.

With the bad luck of that and the outdoor grow I'm really hoping its third time lucky and this times a dream.  

Did you get the soil ok as round our way theres some lidl with their own bra d in stock and I've found that good. 

I'm guessing that dinafem and intense nutrients combo will be a winner so I'll pop by and watch 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

Hi @highway_017

Saw it was your grow diary and thought I would pop in and say hi.

Shame about the ballast but these things happen.  I always use some  jeyes fluid to clean the greenhouse and it might be good for wiping down that led if your wanting to be extra thorough after the weird disease thing.

With the bad luck of that and the outdoor grow I'm really hoping its third time lucky and this times a dream.  

Did you get the soil ok as round our way theres some lidl with their own bra d in stock and I've found that good. 

I'm guessing that dinafem and intense nutrients combo will be a winner so I'll pop by and watch 

Hey @Happyeccentric Nice to see you.. Thanks for posting. Read that scare you had with binmen, fuck that's terrible. :unsure:
And Don't worry too much about the Outdoors. Was a happy ending in end. I finished her off indoors. I have some pictures I actually need to get up on GG Scotland Thread I did.
I'll be doing an update to this one tomorrow. So I can do it then no hassle. Stuff is lovely. Smells of real oranges. Tastes of GSC - Kush after taste. Definite US Aftertaste. Brilliant high too.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Happyeccentric said:

Yeah managed to get some. Thank you though. ended up Having to reorder again in the end but finally ended up getting it from local place I always do.
Prefer getting it from there anyway they just have a weird time scheudle this time of year so I always kept missing it.

I think so too. You should have seen the roots on them while in Jiffys. Thicker than some I've had on 5fters!
Has a bio stim in it or something It's potent stuff. so potent infact it's a little worrying. lol:yep:

• Like 5

@Happyeccentric
@Dinafem-Mark
@Intense Nutrients Matt
@flighty
@Amnesia
@tokenroll

Orange Juice and Ocean Grown are both doing excellent. Not much to show as they are just young but decided to update it for you all anyway! I felt like I owed it to @Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt to get at least a little update up. :yep:
I have been giving them a little bit of Foundation (0.5ML to 1L :yep:) and water (PH 6.2), Left out so wouldn't have had any nasty chlorine.. (left it out open by accident :sweaty:).. I couldn't test EC as meter they sent out is faulty.. trying to get that sorted.

Is EC even important for basic compost ? :huh: Honestly I haven't used it before but after I had that that disaster before I'm trying to be careful as can be.

They are doing pretty good considering how powerful the Lamp is. Also been fighting heat and low humiditiy. It's stable at 25c - 27c (sometimes 29c) with humidity ranging from 20s to low 40s. I will be investing into a humidifer but Honestly
by time I find one and it arrives these will be old enough to transpire enough to keep humiditity down. If it wasn't for needing the humiditiy when drying I wouldn't bother with the humidifer tbh but I couldn't get it over 50% when I was drying last time. (Smokes fine)

They are a tiny bit stretch arm strong'd honestly but nothing serious. and It won't effect them. It's because I started them under the UFO Led and It wasn't close enough. Forgot just how close it needs to be them at this stage. Did the same last time too. :wanker:

I know not everyone starts off in such big containers.. But it works. what else can I say. If you think about it. In nature they start in a very large. very wet. normally vet compact container. so even I'm in wrong. this is still infinitely better than that. We shall see. *Evil Hand Pyramid*
I think it's better doing it this way as they can concentrate on just putting down the roots where they need to be and building up a really impressive root mass. I know from any I done before they always had much more impressive roots the earlier they were potted up into 10Ls.

I said there wasn't that much to show Really so Didn't bother turning the Lamp off.. you know how the old tech is you need to wait for it to cool down before turning it back on etc.. But ... In the end I couldn't do it and had to drag them out for a more proper photoshoot.
Mark and Matt were decent enough to give us the Stuff to show it off.. So need to show it off properly  :punk:

Dragged them out. Got some paint sheet. and Used that as a background. It's a bit rubbish compared to the photos But it was some bloody hassle by the time I had done everything. The things we do for those we love!
I tried my best but I don't think you will be running any IG Marketing campaigns with my Photos sadly. You are stuck with @tokenroll for that! :yep:

First up, Ocean Grown Cookies. Leaning tower of Ganja. Level 1, Ground Floor. :sweaty:

large.20191108_223322.jpg

Seconds. The Orange Juice. seems a little ahead? Ticking along quite quickly.

large.20191108_223523.jpg

That's all for now Folks. Thanks for checking in. Tune in again next friday. :yep:

• Like 7

Thought you was doing 9?

29° is ok in veg but mess you up in flower maybe. 

Humidifiers arnt expensive I have a ram 5l that was about 50quids and a little fogger that I can drop into whatever container I want that was 6quids it does the same thing though. Or theres always a spray bottle. I don't even use mine to be honest with you but I would if I saw 20% rh definitely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, michaeldbc said:

Thought you was doing 9?

29° is ok in veg but mess you up in flower maybe. 

Humidifiers arnt expensive I have a ram 5l that was about 50quids and a little fogger that I can drop into whatever container I want that was 6quids it does the same thing though. Or theres always a spray bottle. I don't even use mine to be honest with you but I would if I saw 20% rh definitely. 

Hey mate. Thanks for posting. Yeah no worries I'll be picking up a humidifier. @Owderb recommended one. Ultrasonic Humidifier GS6360. It's a little dearer at £70 but that is the one I'm going for I think people said Ram one breaks and I can't afford to replace shit. If I get something It needs to last a while. Plus they Ram clip on fans do my head in with the noise so they get no more money from me. :furious:Honestly I'm not worried about the Humidity. It's not ideal but they are still ticking along and soon enough I will be trying to get humidity down once they are a little larger. I won't try bother ordering one for this Run. I couldn't order till next week and they will be transpiring enough by then.  another thing once they are big I can saturate the pots. that raises humidity a whole lot as well. It's a scary number haha I was a bit shocked my self but it is what it is. So long as it's only for a couple hours I think they can deal with it. Most times it sits closer to 30 which is fine imo. Supposed be 70% for the seedlings but I don't see many diaries where they did that. :yep:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michaeldbc said:

Thought you was doing 9?

No that's right. Paying attention I see haha. Just choose these for photoshoot as lamp was on. :yep:

• Like 2

Temps sitting at 26c. Stable for now. :george:
Humidity Is up at 36% now. That'll do. :yep:

Fed with a tiny bit of Grow 0.5ML and another tad Foundation 0.5ML. I wouldn't normally feed them the 0.5ML of the Grow yet but I'm
Following the Schedule for a change.

• Like 2

Hey mate, the seedlings are looking good...

Here's a bit of advice :)

16 hours ago, highway_017 said:

I have been giving them a little bit of Foundation (0.5ML to 1L :yep:) and water (PH 6.2)

Check the feeding schedule, I'm sure it says 2ml/l to start off, 0.5 probably won't do anything. Also there's no need to check your pH, your compost should buffer it.

Is EC even important for basic compost ?

EC is not relevant at all, in fact it doesn't even work with organic nutes. EC stands for electrical conductivity, you can only change this by adding different types of salts which is what chemical/hydro nutes are.

It's stable at 25c - 27c (sometimes 29c) with humidity ranging from 20s to low 40s. I will be investing into a humidifer but Honestly
by time I find one and it arrives these will be old enough to transpire enough to keep humiditity down.

Temps are fine, high 20's is optimal, 30°C is the limit I believe.

To combat the low rH, get a bowl of water and stick one end of a tissue in it and have the other end draping over the outside of the bowl... Leave that in your tent. You can add extra tissue/bowls if required.

Hope that helps :)

Good luck

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, flighty said:

Hey mate, the seedlings are looking good...

Here's a bit of advice :)

Check the feeding schedule, I'm sure it says 2ml/l to start off, 0.5 probably won't do anything. Also there's no need to check your pH, your compost should buffer it.

EC is not relevant at all, in fact it doesn't even work with organic nutes. EC stands for electrical conductivity, you can only change this by adding different types of salts which is what chemical/hydro nutes are.

Temps are fine, high 20's is optimal, 30°C is the limit I believe.

To combat the low rH, get a bowl of water and stick one end of a tissue in it and have the other end draping over the outside of the bowl... Leave that in your tent. You can add extra tissue/bowls if required.

Hope that helps :)

Good luck

Aw brilliant man Thanks for the advice. Although can't believe I've wasted £28 on a PH / EH Testing kit. :wallbash:
Ah well. Live and learn.. :yep:

I managed to reduce my temps to 26c. Hasn't moved from there all day hope it stays that way fingers crossed. Humidity is at mid 30s with a 5 Gallon Jug of Water
(I also use that for leaving water to decholorinate, keeps it nice and warm too so won't be a shock) Although was at 40 for some of the day.

Thanks again man. :yep:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tokenroll said:

@highway_017 seedlings are doing fine, once them roots get going the uptop growth will soon kick in and your away.

Toke...

Hey mate, Thanks for posting. Yeah it's a shock everytime I open the tent. :thumsup:

• Like 4

Dragged them out. Got some paint sheet. and Used that as a background. It's a bit rubbish compared to the photos But it was some bloody hassle by the time

Shit. Just to clarify. I meant the photos are a bit rubbish compared to some I seen on here. Would never call the girls rubbish. :yep:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Won't take them long to get going now bro 

Thanks for your update mate 

All the best 

Matt 

Hey mate. Yeah no worries. Yeah you're right. They are really starting to shoot up. Stay tuned for Friday. :ninja:

• Like 3