Introducing "Sherbinski"

HSO-Mark

@HSO-Mark Yeah my pack of The New has dropped today as well so many thanks to Mark, I will be getting them wet in around 7 weeks once my current lot are finished.

I am going to wet all 3 and grow them out with some Dinafem Blueberry Cookies and a few other strains. 

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Apologies for reviving a controversial thread as this video of Sherbinski being interviewed in the smokebox by B Real has just popped up on my YouTube feed.

I found it a strange one as on one hand he talks about being a hippie at heart and helping the community (yet still charges a silly amount for his seeds) but the general vibe I got from was it’s all about money and building his brand, anyway just putting this out there and make of it what you will...

• Like 5

cheers, breal does a good job of having a sess in the car on this series.  Loved the episode with wiz k in, you couldn't even see the guys in the back seat lol  they hot boxed the shit outta that car :) 

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 9:43 AM, Serpent said:

Apologies for reviving a controversial thread as this video of Sherbinski being interviewed in the smokebox by B Real has just popped up on my YouTube feed.

I found it a strange one as on one hand he talks about being a hippie at heart and helping the community (yet still charges a silly amount for his seeds) but the general vibe I got from was it’s all about money and building his brand, anyway just putting this out there and make of it what you will...

Thanks buddy  :yep:

Personally I thought it was a good interview  ;)

Worth a watch if you have time  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

Jesus, some real negativity up in here lol 

Bit late to the topic, (allright like some months, but still) I don't think the price of the seeds is too bad. 

More expensive than most others 100%, but how much are people paying for an ounce these days? £200? And you could get what 5 ounces on an avg good grow per bean? 

What I see in this, a grower goes and pays £80 for a pack of regs and hopes for 5 seeds, grows them bad and gets 2 ounce a plant. Someone else pays £100 for 5 fems and gets 5 ounces per plant? WTF does the price have to do with it. 

If its a good GSC cross I'd pay £100 for 5 fems, because 3 month later I will have 25 ounces of top shelf buds, which on the street could cost me what £5000?

lol arguing that £100 is OTT for 5 fem seeds and paying £60-£80 for a shot in the dark.

But all this said, there are some bloody cracking strains out there for a HELL of a lot less, so I agree the price isn't really justified, but I don't think its that far out there either. 

If we ever legalise in the UK how many of the Breeders based in the UK would follow suit, and to be bluntly truthful, fair bloody play to them. Seeds are cheap compared to buying bud, yet I see folks toking super expensive shatter like its baccy.

But he better not put them up to £125 or I'm writing a letter... :angry: 

lol 

• Like 7

i dunno..

why tally against an over inflated prohibition price? 

weed is only the price it is on the street because of its illegality, it’s a false price, why carry on the charade? even in ‘legal’ states they   price like it still illegal.. which is why there’s a big movement to produce $1 a gram weights..

how much is an ounce of carrots? they take about 2 or 3 months to grow..

you can buy an oz in mexico for 10-20$ but that oz in the states would cost around 200?

its just a plant.. how much does it cost to grow sweet peas? opium seeds?

chancers mate while the goings good, it’s just business to them so they will want the price to stay high for they’re return/share holders

Edited by twigs
  • Like 12

No doubt over time in legal states the prices will drop even more. Market over saturated by greedy investors and small time growers who aren't in it just for the money will see their customer size drop. People love a bargain look how many shop at super markets who no doubt use tax loop holes. Rather than shop with their local butcher who's trying to earn a honest living. Only other thing I see maybe happening and trying to stop the price drop. Big companies using their money to bribe law makers into bringing out more rules which prices out competition and allows for them to continue setting the price that they want.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2019 at 5:46 PM, twigs said:

i dunno..

why tally against an over inflated prohibition price? 

weed is only the price it is on the street because of its illegality, it’s a false price, why carry on the charade? even in ‘legal’ states they   price like it still illegal.. which is why there’s a big movement to produce $1 a gram weights..

how much is an ounce of carrots? they take about 2 or 3 months to grow..

you can buy an oz in mexico for 10-20$ but that oz in the states would cost around 200?

its just a plant.. how much does it cost to grow sweet peas? opium seeds?

chancers mate while the goings good, it’s just business to them so they will want the price to stay high for they’re return/share holders

I think you may have over simplified growing good quality Cannabis. Comparing it to Carrots is a far stretch imo but I 100% get your point there.

My point personally is that I cant be OK about buying a pack of reg seeds for £70, but then fall out my chair over 5 fems for £100.

If we're talking about the price of ALL "High End" Cannabis seeds being overpriced then I 100% agree. You can get 1 kilo of hemp seeds bagged up as fresh water groundbait for £5.00.

The way I see it personally, if you don't want to pay £100 for 5 high end female seeds, don't. But I cant respect anyone paying £60-£80 for a pack of 10 regs then winging about the £100 price tag on these seeds.

A quick question. Apologies for the story ahead (just a hypothetical scenario), I'm just trying to illustrate what I mean here... Say tomorrow Oldtimer announces he has 10 packs of a super rare one off strain he bred from a secret mother plant he's never used before and states they are the best he has ever made and that the strain is out of this world. Price... £200.  You get a win on a scratchcard the same afternoon of £1000 only to come back and find a PM from Joolz explaining you've been selected at random as having first dibs on those seeds if you want them. Would you consider it?.. I would personally. But some really wouldn't as £200 is worth more to them on something else.

It all relative mate, we do what we think is best in terms of buying anything I think, one mans junk is another mans treasure. I seen people pay £100 for a tool I can buy for £10 from B&Q, but that tool is a particular brand and quality that means something to them.

My point was always about the negativity towards HSO, Sherbinksi and the Seed game itself.

But I do agree as an overall picture profits are defo at the centre of some folks agenda.  :yep: 

• Like 5

Hi mate :stoned: what is high end cannabis?  

Do do you get high end carrots or hydrangeas? And how much are they?

whats high end about he's strains but not high end about a landrace Oxacan strain? Or some of Oldtimers?

even Shorts stuff is cheaper and he completely captured and changed forever the cannabis sene with he's blueberry.. And again is another long timer player, big big name in the canna sene ... Shirbin who?

ist all just marketing and branding now in my mind for the legal market, mo money mo money smash and grab

Oldtimer has a proven long history in the cannabis world, inkski is who again? Had anybody herd his name before he brought out his trainers and clothing line lol looking at how he killed all? His mums he's more interested in his image than his plants too!

personaly I don't like idea of seeds going over the £50 mark, even as much as I like DB from ugo I only bought them because they had a free pack of blues offer which meant I got them both for 40 each which was an absolute bargin! (Still just made with bag seed) lol and I will not buy there stuff over 100 because I don't think any weed seed is worth over 100 ever! You could buy a pack of niv's seed for 25£ and get something just as nice sometimes better than a 'high grade' producers

all strains and seed through out history that we've smoked have come from free cuts, bag seed and completely mysterious males essentially.. But NOW we have to pay 300 for ten seeds lol because it's legal? It should be cheaper because it's legal nor more exspencive..

wheres god$ cut of the profit? lol 

Thtas just my take on it mate :stoned:  All in a perfect world of course..

e2+ I don't think there's Bin any negativity to hso or mark? everyone's bean very polite in all threads about these over priced seeds :stoned: 

increase the peace! 

Edited by twigs
  • Like 8

@twigs Again mate I totally agree with your point.

With high end I pretty much mean "Exclusive" strains, often the clone only's that have been brought into seed form, this is how I would personally describe high end seeds, but the term I use is just copied from what I read and hear, to me personally the seed is a means to an end. 

I am generalising quite a bit here too tbh.

But on the subject of comparing Sherbinski's strains to some other well know breeders work, Shorts was quite some time back and I think circumstances were different. You have inflation, changes in laws across the globe etc etc. But still pack of 10 regs from DJ short will cost you over £100, and you may get 1 female, and although I totally agree with Shorts legacy and what he did for the scene you have as much chance of getting poor results from that 1 fem as you do any of the 5 you get from "The New".

33 minutes ago, twigs said:

personaly I don't like idea of seeds going over the £50 mark, even as much as I like DB from ugo I only bought them because they had a free pack of blues offer which meant I got them both for 40 each which was an absolute bargin!

Totally respect that mate, and tbh a wise move. At the end of the day you will get some good bud, so people saying its silly to pay £100 for 5 fems, again I understand.

34 minutes ago, twigs said:

(Still just made with bag seed) lol

Not touching this one with a 20 foot barge pole... We'll start WW3 lol 

I do hope as you have said that the price will drop as things become more vast.

But atm I personally would pay £100 for these seeds given there are people that in my area want £15.00 for 1 GRAM of gelato. A strain ironically created / bred by Sherbinski.

Last thing I will add, I hope my grow of these goes really well now, cos' if it don't all this was a complete waste of time. Knowing my luck they'll turn out to be gloryfied dandy lion:rofl:

• Like 4

It’s horses for courses i guess mate :stoned:  i really hope they come through for you dude..

it boogles me, it really does, the price of things, i used to think 20£ was steep for 3.5 but these days it’s off the charts, name your price if you live in london or similar..

think im heading down the Hawaiian/SK1/Haze/Gooey road for future grows..

all the best mate :stoned: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/04/2019 at 9:00 PM, G'n'E said:

Right now I’m running some Blueberry Gum from G13 Labs (U.K. breeder) and it’s the best looking plant in my tent.

Ive been looking at Banana Sativa and Banana Ice Cream from Holy Smoke Seeds (also U.K. breeder).

banana ice cream is realllllly nice ,heavy yeilder too 

but you think you taste the banana and you wont be too sure ...banana crack on the other hand ...sherberty banana ..very stinky stuff and moreish same breeder i believe holy smoke seeds .

• Like 2