Introducing "Sherbinski"

HSO-Mark

Just now, GreenPirate said:

No mate, the original mothers he kept, that screw up! ^^^

I'll have to watch Mario,s stories to get the context mate. He has made a lot of strains over the year's in some sketchy areas through the early 2000,s I'm sure he's lost a few plants. Luckily we have them all in our facilities. Nothing is ever totally lost ;)

Well we have the major ones like sherbert, gelato etc in our facilities  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 5

@GreenPirate A similar thing happens with Subcool when his house burnt down. Many of his strains/creations were lost in that fire. Good job he passed is genetics about and friends helped him rebuild his brand ;)

Always good to give a friend or 4 a cut of a "keeper" strain. Never know when something may go wrong  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, HSO-Mark said:

I was made aware of this colab around 15 months ago, early 2018. By then the strain was being worked and "The New" had not been finalised as we were working with various Sherbinski strains(Sunset sherbet, Pink panties, Gello and a few more crossing to HSO elite strains to find this creation). Now mid July 2018 we got the first batch of seeds from this cross (Gsc (sherb cut) x Larry OG) work started on this cross in mid to late 2017 and is the finalised creation(The New). When we got the seeds in Spain I know we did 4 grows through August 2018 - Jan 2019 where we ran 250-500 plants per run and we had 3 facilities (1 in Oregon, 1 in Humbouldt county and 1 in Canada) who also did the testing. If I'm remembering correctly the Oregon facility grew 1000(500 indoors 500 out), Humbouldt 2500 (2000 indoor 500 out) and Canada was in huge greenhouse with supplemental lighting and natural light(best of both worlds)

Through testing everything went well as far as I know and by early Jan we had some end product to try and I must say it was super tasty, very pretty colours, densely packed buds covered in Crystal's. Had a strange "milk" aftertaste as if I had ate ice cream. Now this was the first sample I got! The finished product  from The New was around from later November early December. To try that I needed to go to Oregon which I could not do but some if the team did. I believe this is when we decided this cross was the one :yep:

Great info mark, thats the exact kind of info that if shared from the beginning would have likely prevented most of the 'Lynch mob' shit....  

Some of its funny though, people not really reading things and jumping to conclusions....  Talking about things they don't understand etc...  

Apparently everything is s1 and that is bad and you can't select from that :bangin:lol

Sounds like might be a good cross, just shame about the price.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

I'll have to watch Mario,s stories to get the context mate.

From what I gather from the little info in here, 4 out of all his NEW mothers are the only survivors and now on a reveg. From what looks like a very basic fuckup from someone pretending to be "the man".

This was no fire ;)  or if there was it left the main stems unburnt and the plastic pots never melted. Subcools was a little different, this looks like human error.

He claims only 4 out of all the NEW mothers survived and they look unhealthy but they are coming back.

Pics are a few pages back on the reveg.

• Like 2

For the sake of science and I like to abuse plants..

I'm gonna introduce my plants to a green sharpie. I'll start easy, 1 pen lid on at a distance of about 30cm in the mother room.

I'll move it closer until we see if lid on makes a difference. If no change i'll add pens until we start to see a change.

I can only afford a pack of 20 sharpies so I can only take this test so far, anyone willing to pick it up after and add more sharpies, feel free, i'm not made of money!

If I get to 20 and no change, i'll remove 19 and go for lid off at 30cm and repeat the test.

I don't want to see more breeders lose their mother plants, I don't give a fuck about mine so i'll do it for you all :)

At least we'll find out if it's safe for breeders to sign packs and keep the sharpie in the same room. Tell 'Binski, I got this! :yep:

• Like 3

Anyone who buys these seeds is a clown period and feeding into the complicitness of allowing greed to come into this community.

Shame on HSO too for going along with this. 

All that designer weed is over rated anyway. Sherbinski can stick them seeds up his arse and piss off back stateside with them.

• Like 2

Just now, *DJ* said:

lol ya not much of a binski fan then?

Dj....

I’m not a fan of greed. There’s absolutely no justification for those prices and as someone who has run HSO gear every grow for the last few years this has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. 

• Like 4

Guest Pau176

What’s the big deal? You don’t have to buy them if you don’t wish to.

Insulting other growers because they’re buying them is pretty poor taste in my opinion. 

Just now, Pau176 said:

What’s the big deal? You don’t have to buy them if you don’t wish to.

Insulting other growers because they’re buying them is pretty poor taste in my opinion. 

Whats the big deal? 

Accept these prices now and then come back in a couple years when the prices keep going up and up and then see what the big deal is.

• Like 1

Just now, G'n'E said:

Whats the big deal? 

Accept these prices now and then come back in a couple years when the prices keep going up and up and then see what the big deal is.

I think the price will drop as the market continues to become so saturated. Plus I can see a time when everyone gets fed up with the hype. Those tins being a prime example. People was paying hundreds lol now the very same weed around my way sells at standard price.

• Like 2

Guest Pau176
Just now, G'n'E said:

Whats the big deal? 

I’m not accepting them because I wouldn’t pay that for seeds when I can buy them for peanuts from dinafem, sensi, Royal queen etc etc. 

I don’t even care about the over hyped strains from over the pond. Even the names they give to their strains are dumb. 

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy them. 

Just now, stummer said:

I think the price will drop as the market continues to become so saturated. Plus I can see a time when everyone gets fed up with the hype. Those tins being a prime example. People was paying hundreds lol now the very same weed around my way sells at standard price.

That’s because people saw through the bullshit with those tins lol 

Thats one one of the best things with HSO in general they have great genetics at great prices and in the right hands you can grow weed just as good as anything Sherbinski does.

But I get the feeling Mr Binski had a say in charging those ridiculous prices as that’s what he does, he’s trying to establish hisself as this top of the line Cannabis brand but in reality all genetics are only as good as the grower so it’s all relative.

To me it just kills the whole ethos of the Cannabis community when greed takes over like this.

Just now, G'n'E said:

That’s because people saw through the bullshit with those tins lol 

Thats one one of the best things with HSO in general they have great genetics at great prices and in the right hands you can grow weed just as good as anything Sherbinski does.

But I get the feeling Mr Binski had a say in charging those ridiculous prices as that’s what he does, he’s trying to establish hisself as this top of the line Cannabis brand but in reality all genetics are only as good as the grower so it’s all relative.

To me it just kills the whole ethos of the Cannabis community when greed takes over like this.

It's capitalism that will free the weed lol by that I mean make it legal. I get where you coming from though. Is why I will laugh when weed gets made legal and the social media generation rush out to buy weed. Probably from Tory invested businesses that hated weed and stoners until they saw pound signs. Yet everyone will feel like its such a victory. Course I think it should be legal I'd just hope to not see the cunt types profit from it while everyone celebrates making them rich.

• Like 2

Just now, Pau176 said:

I’m not accepting them because I wouldn’t pay that for seeds when I can buy them for peanuts from dinafem, sensi, Royal queen etc etc. 

I don’t even care about the over hyped strains from over the pond. Even the names they give to their strains are dumb. 

Nobody is forcing anybody to buy them. 

Of course nobody is forced to buy them but it’s about principles.

And we should stick together and speak up collectively when people try and pull stunts like this.

We are the consumer and it’s our money that we are handing over.

• Like 3