Real Panik At The Forbidden Zone!

Andromedian

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. And @MMG best of luck for your daughter, wishing her all the best with her injured knee.

• Like 5

No excuses zug.....

remember those 4 X 4 wheel chairs on top gear. I have just ordered you one lol

on a plus note...have a complete biatch planned for tomorrow....weather has been like Barbados  luvvly jubbly, kinda wished I had made water traps now.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the absence people.....along with Zugs little mishap....i have been trying to deal with a few demons of my own..

Haven't been able to get out for 4 weeks now....

I decided to go visit TPPlot, knowing full well, the plants in the box would be dead.....mostly red purps and to be fair the seeds looks well fucked even before the off...half of them, didn't even show, and the others looked like they died about 2 weeks ago, at 1 inch tall.

We had planted out a few others and caged them up, a couple of white widow auto's in the mix too....

Most were doing really well....a couple looked like they were topped by something early on and another which was missing in action....

large.IMG_0593.JPGlarge.IMG_0594.JPGlarge.IMG_0595.JPGlarge.IMG_0596.JPGlarge.IMG_0597.JPGlarge.IMG_0598.JPGlarge.IMG_0600.JPG

• Like 21

Tell a lie......one plant in the box....survived....an OG Kush.......

4 weeks of utter heat hell and drier than a nuns gubbins.....i replanted her in the spot where the plant went walk about

large.IMG_0602.JPG

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

good to see you back Andro :)

Cheers dude......along with all my injuries, i have the worse one of all....anxiety...

has been crucifying me...i managed to deal with it last season, when i did all the solo's but this year, is something else.

The worst thing about it....i don't like admitting i have issues with it....when i obviously do...bigtime!

and it's very hard for me to understand it.....i mean to be fair....zug will tell you, i'm not really scared of anything or anyone, so even harder to understand.

I still haven't been to TFZ yet, but will be very soon....time is getting on and need to get those beans out lively.....

all those holes i drilled, would have been great had i of gone back sooner....maybe weekly visits...let a lot more air in the box, maybe too much....dried out a lot quicker than with the tape..

no great loss though and didn't look like i could have saved them anyway, which made me feel slightly better ha ha

The boxes at tfz have remained very moist indeed, even after 3 weeks....haven't tried 4 weeks in intense sun yet.....

but for me, this is the way to go....takes a lot of the stress out of pre growing and then the plants are already at the plot:yep:

• Like 10

Nice one mate,  we'll done for finally beating the anxiety and getting your ass to our plots while I'm in plaster haha! Well. .one of them at least. I reckon there are 20 ww auto in that box at tfz ready to go out and by the look of the one at this plot, they should be good. 

All looking good here then mate,  must have been nice on arrival to see them out of the cages.

Looking forward to getting back out but a while to go yet...

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Andromedian said:

Cheers dude......along with all my injuries, i have the worse one of all....anxiety...

has been crucifying me...i managed to deal with it last season, when i did all the solo's but this year, is something else.

The worst thing about it....i don't like admitting i have issues with it....when i obviously do...bigtime!

and it's very hard for me to understand it.....i mean to be fair....zug will tell you, i'm not really scared of anything or anyone, so even harder to understand.

I still haven't been to TFZ yet, but will be very soon....time is getting on and need to get those beans out lively.....

all those holes i drilled, would have been great had i of gone back sooner....maybe weekly visits...let a lot more air in the box, maybe too much....dried out a lot quicker than with the tape..

no great loss though and didn't look like i could have saved them anyway, which made me feel slightly better ha ha

The boxes at tfz have remained very moist indeed, even after 3 weeks....haven't tried 4 weeks in intense sun yet.....

but for me, this is the way to go....takes a lot of the stress out of pre growing and then the plants are already at the plot:yep:

I'm no stranger to anxiety myself mate,   its strange that its not more talked about on the forums really,  as obviously anxiety and stress can become a real issue with some aspects of growing.    yeah germing on site is definitely a bonus when it comes to reducing stress.  not smoking so much is probably a good idea if your not already doing it :toldya:lol   na seriously though i remember you saying you smoke alot of fags, probably drink alot of coffee?  all increasing heart rate that will increase anxiety.   plus blazing da herb might seem like it calms your nerves, but as I'm sure you know can also cause problems ,  paranoia ect.    i dont smoke,  have no caffeine other than tea,  and no ganja.  I'm fairly sure i wouldnt be able to do what i do if i did all of the above.       listening to really loud 90s hip hop while driving normally sorts me out :D

talking about storage boxes ,  heres what I've done with one recently,  stretched a mesh over the top,  maximum ventilation for hot weather but still bug proof.

large_box.jpg

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 14

Aw man, 

really feel for you. 

Anxiety can be properly crippling!! Something I only recognised in myself a few years ago. 

Its the the irrationality behind it that makes it so hard to deal with. 

Anyway..

Wishing you both all the best, and looking forward to seeing you both back on form soon. 

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 7

@Andromedian, plants look great, really nice & healthy,  it doing well :yep:. Anxiety is a curse, can be hard to deal with. I have it myself & medicated for it. Don't like meds but with a heart condition & severe anxiety I need it. I must admit, it does help me, a lot. The worst thing you can do with anxiety is best yourself up about things as they say here in Ireland "Its da fear of God that's in you" that doesn't help so for me it's a matter of changing my way of thinking, I'm ok, it's ok I keep telling myself.

@zug speedy recovery mate, hope it out & about real soon but don't push yourself, you don't want to cause further damage :yep:.

@Amarillo slim, I love the idea of the mesh cover. Just wondering tho, if there was heavy or a lot of rain would some of the rain water lodge in the containers & then the pots are sitting in this? I'm sure you have drilled enough holes for this so I guess I have answered my own question lol

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

I'm sure you have drilled enough holes for this so I guess I have answered my own question lol

yup lol .  when i put the mush on i bored a couple holes about 15mm from the base with a knife to allow drainage,  wishing i had done it slightly higher now as we've got a few days of intense sun forecast this week and its a minimum 4 hour round trip to that plot.   if i had planned to use the mesh lid from the start i would have added an 'easy to go aqua valve'.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 3

interesting posts on anxiety i used to suffer panic attaks and like andro  it would baffle me  as i  feared nothing in my consouis mind i could not work out what i was afraid of  but as irishgirl pointed out  like the irish  i concluded it was fear of god in my case,, i had to just about rule everything else first tho ,,ive  not had panic attaks  for years an i know i wont again strange as it sounds ,its all simply fear  you just have to understand what your afraid  of you might be offending yourself somehow in such a way as doing things you belive are realy  wrong either conscoiusly or sub consuisly as long as you dont give up you will overcome :yep:

nice plants btw lol 

• Like 6