Real Panik At The Forbidden Zone!

Andromedian

1 hour ago, Andromedian said:

We are at lat 51....although we stray into lat 50 on occasions....

May I ask...are you all solo?

Ooh ok, that's gud den at latest 51, I'm lat 53. Yes u can ask away & da answer 2 tat is yes I'm all solo. U couldn't trust others around here, small village, always looking 4 news etc & I moved home here 9yrs again from da uk 2 start my lifeet over again so had 2 get 2 know people & build friendships but all at arms length. Don't get me wrong, da people r nice & a lovely community but different mentality especially with da word 'drugs' is mentioned lol

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

Can I join ur gang lol.

Might have to take you up on that....in a few seasons time...

Zug will be off to pastures new:mellow:...

Know what you mean about the trust thing....sometimes solo is better, trusting yourself is easy....

Takes just 5 minutes to make a friend...but sometimes a lifetime to trust one.

Big respect from me anyway...solo is tough going...

Loving your diary by the way...see your proper cracking on with it...

I missed all the germ pics out...ha ha

Seen one seed germ...youve seen em all lol

• Like 10

Thanks for above comments mate, means alot coming from such a well gud GG'er  :yep:.  I must ask, da plastic containers with lids 2 germinate on site/plot. Do u drill airhole or just seal & leave? TIA :yep:.

• Like 4

Air holes Irish girl with mesh tape over them to stop critters getting in but letting some air in is a must.. :yep: 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, panik said:

Air holes Irish girl with mesh tape over them to stop critters getting in but letting some air in is a must.. :yep: 

wats popping panik . just seen your store for the first time looking good . dont feel like long we talking about selling seeds . killin it P hat off . ill have to buy some for next year for sure . and aleins you pair pushing in the right direction as allways good stuff 

be lucky :skin_up:

• Like 4

On 05/05/2017 at 6:27 AM, Irishgirl said:

Thanks for above comments mate, means alot coming from such a well gud GG'er  :yep:.  I must ask, da plastic containers with lids 2 germinate on site/plot. Do u drill airhole or just seal & leave? TIA :yep:.

Credit where credit's due.....Seen some people, pull off some really good grows in tyres....

We tried another method at a different plot and drilled hundreds of 1mm holes and didn't bother with the tape....nothing got through, so worked a treat, and airflow seemed to be better too....left them for 4 weeks and they were fine...:george:

• Like 5

On 05/05/2017 at 8:03 AM, rusty trichomes said:

wats popping panik . just seen your store for the first time looking good . dont feel like long we talking about selling seeds . killin it P hat off . ill have to buy some for next year for sure . and aleins you pair pushing in the right direction as allways good stuff 

be lucky :skin_up:

Hey Rusty....good to see part of the old school back amongst our midst...

Saw you popping up over the road for a bit:ninja:......Hope all is well:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Andromedian said:

We tried another method at a different plot and drilled hundreds of 1mm holes and didn't bother with the tape....nothing got through, so worked a treat, and airflow seemed to be better too...

This is what I've done too @Irishgirl

2mm drill bit, and loads of holes. But be gentle and let the drill bit do the work, as the cheap boxes like to crack. 

The area around my caravan is slug heaven, and had no problems with this method. 

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 5

I've done both taped larger holes and loads of small untaped holes.  taped large is safer,  tiny slugs and other insects can still get through 1-2mm holes.  obviously most the time they won't but with the tape they never can.   more holes or even larger squares cut out and then taped can increase airflow if your concerned.   the tape you want is called transpore btw.  for compost i rehydrate dry coir then add some nutes etc,,  this way  there is no chance of life in the soil killing your plants,  nematodes etc...  again, shop bought compo might be fine most the time but coir will always be fine..   its all about taking the chance out of it,  eliminating risks..  loosing plants is gutting when it happens,  especially when your spending out £££ on something like serious 6 or sowing alot of seeds...    

hows things andro?  can we expect any piccys soon?  :yep:

• Like 7

I've had a baby slug undermine a propogator in the past. Little fucker got through  a 3mm hole. Ate all the fucking seedlings.  Fattened up and couldnt get out. Little bastard was in the corner plump and juicy. 

• Like 6

On 08/05/2017 at 9:03 PM, Amarillo slim said:

hows things andro?  can we expect any piccys soon?  :yep:

I'm fine mate....always same shit different day for me, you know how it is.....

I'm gonna rake my camera out on friday....have a busy one planned....

Not much to take pics of at the minute...

Whats your plans dude, anything special going down?

• Like 6

yeah bit early for decent plant pics yet aint it...    i might have some plans :ninja:  ..  waiting for a little bit of kit to arrive wich should be good fun...  and you know how much i like to experiment,  will be trying some set and forget outdoor hydro  -  yep you heard that right - lol   if it works it will be abit of a game changer allowing growing at plots with no, or very poor, soil :oldtoker:

• Like 9

Ah gutted I missed the start of this @Andromedianill catch up, and jump on board! I always read backwards through diaries anyways lol 

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

On 5/1/2017 at 1:46 PM, Andromedian said:

Might have to take you up on that....in a few seasons time...

Zug will be off to pastures new:mellow:...

Know what you mean about the trust thing....sometimes solo is better, trusting yourself is easy....

Takes just 5 minutes to make a friend...but sometimes a lifetime to trust one.

Big respect from me anyway...solo is tough going...

Loving your diary by the way...see your proper cracking on with it...

I missed all the germ pics out...ha ha

Seen one seed germ...youve seen em all lol

never a wiser word spoken mate :yep: anyway, no more turbo posting. Just had to 'amen' to that one.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 4