Real Panik At The Forbidden Zone!

Andromedian

On 09/05/2017 at 9:38 PM, Amarillo slim said:

yeah bit early for decent plant pics yet aint it...    i might have some plans :ninja:  ..  waiting for a little bit of kit to arrive wich should be good fun...  and you know how much i like to experiment,  will be trying some set and forget outdoor hydro  -  yep you heard that right - lol   if it works it will be abit of a game changer allowing growing at plots with no, or very poor, soil :oldtoker:

Sounds very interesting mate.....and complicated. Down to your very very clever box idea, we have decided to do it all outside from now on....working a proper treat mate...:punk:

might stick with 1 mm holes though....some tape fell off and a little slimey slag got into a box and ate a greengold...caught it just in time though.....so far, very impressed with the whitey freeze, but it is early doors.....

• Like 5

14 hours ago, nudger36 said:

Ah gutted I missed the start of this @Andromedianill catch up, and jump on board! I always read backwards through diaries anyways lol 

Hello mate....hows it going? i will pop over to your diary tomorrow....been upto our eyeballs in it...haven't had much time to keep up with shit myself

and its cool, hadn't had much to report, until we went friday....will do an update in a bit.....

all the very best

• Like 5

Well what a Friday night that was.....

We did a 2 plot visit.....First to The Pikey Plot....and then onto The Forbidden Zone.....

As we left, we did the usual....how do you think they are, routine....Zug as negative as ever...Said "I think the ones at TFZ are all dead"....

To be fair....I had started to think putting them in towers was a bit of a wrong 'un, as the place was nothing like last years swampy devas.

We are thinking on putting a few RGS seeds at The pikey plot within the next couple of weeks......we was here last week, and planted up quite a few out of the box....mainly red purps.

It was my turn with the aids...i felt like proper shite last week and when i got back Sat morning....well i hadn't felt that bad in a long time...slept until 8 pm ha ha.

When we arrived at TPP....all seemed as it should be...the ones we had planted up last week were just starting to pick up and the seeds we had put in the box were starting to show...this was the box with 1-2 mm holes rather than the tape method...no slug attacks as of yet.......

large.IMG_0579.JPGlarge.IMG_0576.JPGlarge.IMG_0574.JPGlarge.IMG_0571.JPGlarge.IMG_0569.JPG

So yeah, very early days here....a couple seemed to be suffering from nute burn though...

we have never done it all outdoors before, or put seedlings out this small, so all new here...

Next up The forbidden Zone:hi:

• Like 17

@Andromedian hello dude. Loving the progress. It's looking good. Hope you don't mind me pulling up a chair. Looking forward to your antics. 

Perk:)

• Like 4

Well i must admit, Zugs negativity was starting to wear off on me.....

we had stuck a couple of autos into the ground here too, to test the water...

We had put 4 greengold and 6 whitey freeze into the box for germination, and had made a load of towers and planted some other strains up. The weather was a lot drier than usual, but had been perfect for us, over the last couple of weeks....

Anyway, on the way to the plot, we realised it may of been a mistake not to take any water.....

although as we were walking past a kind of building site...the brick layers had 5 x 20 litre drums all full of water...so we borrowed one and used the lot ha ha....then returned it afterwards empty of course...massive life saver.

As we arrived at TFZ...i could clearly see things were going well....majority of them were flourishing in the towers...

These were pretty damn small when we planted them up 3 weeks ago.....

large.IMG_0582.JPGlarge.IMG_0583.JPGlarge.IMG_0584.JPGlarge.IMG_0586.JPG

so yeah very pleasing on the old eyeballs....these were og kush and red purps.....

We had a look in the germing box, and the Whiteyfreeze looked pretty impressive from the off....very uniform so far

large.IMG_0587.JPG

We planted all these out....some in the floor and some in towers.

The Greengolds wasn't so lucky....we put 4 into germ, and 2 showed...one was eaten by a slug which unhappily passed away at the scene lol

large.IMG_0588.JPG

so yeah, as you can see....not a great start with these, and the whiteyfreeze....WOW!

My tent was still here from last year...spent many a lonely cold night in here...i can tell ya

large.IMG_0591.JPG

Peace out people....hope all is cool

• Like 24

Nearly forgot......

The auto's we put here were also doing fine...

I know its nothing to do with rgs or the comp, but this is our only diary, so thought i would put it all here....

These are all wwa standards....

we thought we would test the water by putting a couple out early...

large.IMG_0589.JPGlarge.IMG_0590.JPG

:hi:

• Like 19

Looking great in here you guys, gutted for you about the GreenGolds, the Whitey Freeze are coming along nice though,..:yep:

Also put what you like in here mate don't worry about it being in RGS section its fine, it will be good as comparison with other strains aswell hopefully mine come out on top of course,..:boxing:

• Like 13

Lovely update @Andromedian, u need 2 straighten tat bent green cage, it's annoying me, don't look right, out of place lollol. Ooh, ain't I da fussy bitch pmsl lollollol .

Best of luck mate, following with lots of interest :yep:.

• Like 4

Can't wait for next instalment @Andromedian And @zug ... Really glad all is going well .. Can I ask .. The ones you said that were showing slight nute burn ...  is that from amendments in soil please matey? ... Or something else entirely? .. I know I sound daft but I'm curious you see as I find GG-ing very interesting .. 

• Like 5

@Andromedian, what do u call that green fence thing again 4 da cages? I need 2 get more but 4gotton the height & hole size & don't want 2 order da wrong one. TIA

• Like 2

9 hours ago, panik said:

Looking great in here you guys, gutted for you about the GreenGolds, the Whitey Freeze are coming along nice though,..:yep:

Also put what you like in here mate don't worry about it being in RGS section its fine, it will be good as comparison with other strains aswell hopefully mine come out on top of course,..:boxing:

Yeah mate very impressed by the Whitey Freeze so far.....when i opened the box, i thought these were the Greengolds ha ha

Bit gutted, but there you go....can't choose both sides of the coin.....

we actually got 7 in the Greengold packet....so have 3 left....but we will definately be purchasing some more whitey freeze in a couple of weeks...they are looking the real deal:)

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

Lovely update @Andromedian, u need 2 straighten tat bent green cage, it's annoying me, don't look right, out of place lollol. Ooh, ain't I da fussy bitch pmsl lollollol .

Best of luck mate, following with lots of interest :yep:.

ha ha funny you should say that...i actually thought the same thing myself......

Thanks....gonna be a good year we hope

6 hours ago, MMG said:

Can't wait for next instalment @Andromedian And @zug ... Really glad all is going well .. Can I ask .. The ones you said that were showing slight nute burn ...  is that from amendments in soil please matey? ... Or something else entirely? .. I know I sound daft but I'm curious you see as I find GG-ing very interesting .. 

yeah basically....we have never put them out this small before....i usually pre grow indoors for 3 weeks, so they have established roots....

i guess some are finding it hard to handle the mix....should pull through ok though

5 hours ago, Irishgirl said:

@Andromedian, what do u call that green fence thing again 4 da cages? I need 2 get more but 4gotton the height & hole size & don't want 2 order da wrong one. TIA

It's called Tree guard....about 2 feet tall, we buy 50 metre rolls...works out a lot cheaper. not sure on the hole size

• Like 5

Thanks @Andromedian ... I was just curious .. Like we all say .. Youre still learning all the time in this game aren't you?... But saying that it's well obvs to me that you know what you're doing with your GG matey ... Nice work ..

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Andromedian said:

Sounds very interesting mate.....and complicated. Down to your very very clever box idea, we have decided to do it all outside from now on....working a proper treat mate...:punk:

might stick with 1 mm holes though....some tape fell off and a little slimey slag got into a box and ate a greengold...caught it just in time though.....so far, very impressed with the whitey freeze, but it is early doors.....

Thats the great thing about this method,  its not complicated at all.  though weather it works or not,  is still yet to be discovered :sly:

thats good to hear your going all outdoors with the boxes,  much safer that way..    i wouldnt call it very very clever,  its essential a mushroom fruiting chamber adapted for bringing on plants,  all i did was put two and two together so to speak...   what tape did you use?  i only ask because I've had these boxes out for a couple of season now and none of the tape has peeled off or degraded.    

heres the stuff i use..

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great update really.....and to cut a long story short...

Zug has gone and badly ruptured his achilles tendon playing footie:wanker:....basically snapped it in half...

The daunting task of going all solo is now upon me i'm afraid...not sure how long it will be but quite a while.

Shit happens people, but the task in hand is going to be a struggle.....

very gutted :(

• Like 5