Season of the Wit (Dinafem OD 2017)

Just stumbled across ur diary @Blunt_Wit, I am really noting the read, pictures, plots & skills you have :yep:. I see u have been working hard at those plots. Keep the good work up & happy safe growing mate :yep:.

• Like 2

Thanks @Irishgirllooks like you are getting there this season.    You have some nice plots now, you have had a little bad luck with the seedlings though ;)

Season is ramping up...

early plant out.   was worried these may have flowered as they went from 24/0 to natural light.     Lack of water seemed more of a problem, don't think they could drink and got hungry.    Tidied them up and seem ok

large.591ebcc66d6fa_1905BT-rp.JPG.92015b

planted some out...dinafem next time ;) Did the weeding, turned all the holes, cleared some of the veg

large.591ebcc1708d6_1905BT-odgf2.JPG.ada

large.591ebccd8166a_1905BTplota420.JPG.0

large.591ebcef4fd40_1905BTplotb.JPG.06c9

WWa seem to have grown over night this morning.   

large.5920378f8c4cf_2005DINAFEM.JPG.4ea6

3 x PAK top right and the 5 widows, not long till these go out :)

Both the PAK that i germinated recently broke ground so thats 100% from my Dina beans this season :yep:

Just begining to see some roots escaping from the holes at the bottom of the WWa pots....makes me a bit twitchy i always feel autos will stunt if you look at them funny and they can possibly sense fear too.     Could just be the skunk.     Anyway planned to hold them for a few more days before plantout and will stick to it.     I think i'm just as likely to damage the roots now shaking them out too early.     Fingers crossed.

small.5921ffd70eb50_2105HerriBerryLST.JP

i dunno if @912GreenSkellis still around but i hope so.   HerriBerry btw not the widow auto with 18 hours growth ;)

After taking a few small balls of compost and pushing the roots back into the pots i ended up having a look at one of the Widows....one i was going to pot on anyway & with the pot set up ready ;) Came out quite nice so i ended up potting two on straight away and hopefully with minimal stress. 

Weather here says couple of days with a bit of cloud cover and maybe a shower then a mini heatwave for the forseebla future.      Figured might as well just go for it up at BT so planted out the 1st wave of Dinafem.... 3 x Widow Autos and 3 x PAK in the ground.        Put some wet compost at bottom of the widow holes to give them the best chance against the dry spell.      No compost for the PAK just straight into prepared holes.       

Ended up fumbling the cages on in the dark so no pics.  

Edited by Blunt_Wit
bad timing

Looking good mate. i know what you mean about re-potting autos, i keep meaning to buy some root trainers(google em if you dont know em), I reckon they might work well for autos, as autos rarely rootball from my experience, too short a life. the root trainers unclip, my mate uses them for beans.

Edited by Punk
  • Like 4

Cheers Punk, yeah i do like the look of those root trainers i might give them a go next season.      

I put the widows into holes that i have grown s6 in previously so i really hope they perform ok.      If i can't get good results from a well regarded auto like the wwa i might just accept that autos aren't for me ;)

:) thanks 

large.592436d4c4af1_2305WWa.JPG.96918685

The 2 WWa that got potted on seem to be coping with the transplant fine, bit of different treatment in store for these if i can figure it out.    

highs and lows

large.592b164beafd5_2805BTPAK.JPG.fae964

large.592b16535e607_2805BTWWa.JPG.868ff9

Planted more out and checked the PAK ^^ and Widows ^ looked to have settled in,   The PAK were very slow to gain any height in the small pots and look like they are happy to have space.   Put better cages on the autos to prevent nibbling from the sides i hope.

Bit of a close shave up there but fingers crossed things go ok.      Lost the CF Plot already (guess i planted out too early). GL, stay safe.

They seem 2 b coming along grand.  Hopefully no more looses.  May da ganja gods shine ur way :yep::lucky:

• Like 1

PAK seem to be slow all round mate, mine were the last to break soil out of a load that I germed together. 

At least you lost that plot now mate, would've been gutting to go and harvest to find it gone!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you have lost a plot already this season this is never good :( on a more positive not 100% germination is a great start and now the autos are potted up we will see some explosive growth as our WW auto is very well known with in the UK and performs well :yep:

Now onto pak. She is a very, very slow strain which I have not seen a finish here in the UK  @noddykindly put one in his pollytunnel last season but sadly very little growth and never finished :( . This was only 1 plant and I do think pak will finish well if given a good start which you have done :yep:

So far looking good and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1