Season of the Wit (Dinafem OD 2017)

Thanks ML :) Finding my groove i think, another late night out scratching at the earth....

first signs of life in the seedlings pots too :afro:

medium.58e20a5baea89_THEYLIVE.JPG.96a820

About 1/2 are above ground now

small.58e20a58081e6_mindthegap.JPG.15916

Bit more prep at night garden and bermuda triangle, next step dig some holes :)

Yeah the nettles are really coming through now, poor dog was stung a bit and sulking last night.         A little bit of growth from the surrounding veg and it will hardly show that i've been there :)     

Quite a bit of wild garlic about too.

Woohoo, never get tired of seeing those first seedlings pop their heads out of the soil. I'm holding off for a few more weeks yet so I'll enjoy watching yours sprout in the mean time.

• Like 3

Very nice looking plot and love the name "Bermuda Triangle" . Nice to see the first wave of seedling popped and emerging above ground for this seasons outdoor fun :)

Great to see the plot being prepped and seeds are cracking :)

Can I ask with the none feminized seeds. You say you will sex before planting out, will this be done indoors or outdoors? 

Nice start mate :yep: and thank you for the continued picture updates much appreciated!

Until the next one :oldtoker:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark :) For the regs i plan to sex inside, so will pot on at some point and probably move too a  bigger tent for veg.       Only my 3rd try outside but i didn't catch males at plots last year.  I tried sexing some plants at home outside but i don't get good sun so it took ages and its all just paranoia waiting for the window cleaner (or worse) to turn up ;)   I sexed indoors 1st season so back to that again.      Just flying by the seat of my pants, trying to keep them small for plant out.    If they get tall i don't mind hacking right back before plant out or worst case i can clone girls and plant these out more manageable.  

or end up doing both like with these double durbans last year :yep:

0609 BT3 DD 2 pink   2909 BT DD pink clone

Just measured out ammendments for Bermuda triangle 1/2 a rucksack of FBB and 1/2 a rucksack of mixed leftovers (seaweed, calc seaweed, fbb, chicken poo).     Will be getting this in ground asap and then add more chicken poo after easter :) 

Got a nice rucksack load of leaf litter with added comfrey that i will dump onto the night garden, just from tidying up lol

comfrey.JPG     rhubarb.JPG

Also wondered wtf was going on in the rhubarb patch....thought i had invented brocolibarb or rhubacolli but turns out its flowering.  i'll take that as a good omen ;)

GL anthem :)

HOLES

large.58e63f0a27652_0604BTturnedholes.JP

1st turn

large.58e63eff64dd6_0604BT1stammendments

ammendments (FBB and random leftovers from last season...fbb, bonemeal, seaweed, calc seawwed, chicken poo and i think some lime) Will add more chicken poo later and give a final turn before plant out.     

large.58e63f024e09e_0604BTgettingthere.J

Done

The old holes are getting massive now, dug some new ones that are more like 2ft by 2ft.     Not all of them are perfect squares i was on auto pilot...no shade from the sun on the plot, it was relentless.   

Also hopefully some of these clones (tree branches) will take and fill in the gap to the North....no more prying eyes....:ninja:

large.58e63f052fd42_0604BTnorthsideaddit

i don't know if its just because i remembered my coffee, bacon sarnie and lunch but really enjoyed today :)  Stood eating my sarnie watching the sun come up and realised i was being watched by a deer, was really nice.

Was out with dog yesterday, looking for morrels (no joy as ever) but spotted some St George Mushrooms which is a month early!  They looked like they needed a bit of rain too.

Edited by Blunt_Wit

just spraying water and have topped up the pots to contain the early stretch and get every inch of root area :)

large.58e76d2a8143b_0704seedlings-seriou

The serious bastards.    

Seedlings generally doing well a slow starter woke up this morning...some no shows but the beans were a bit pale.         Living up to their name a serious bastard tipped its neighbor out when the label caught on the bottom of the pot when moving stuff around.       deep breath, scoop up and good as new.        

If i get a nice sb male i think i might cross to GG7, liking '6and7s' as a name...i'm only really in it for the puns....

GL All

Things are progressing great mate :)

Good call on making a tree barrier this may take a year or 2 to fully develop but will definitely keep the plot more secure from prying eyes :yep:

Nice to see the holes are dug and look very close to being ready for the ladies to move in :yep:

Thank you for the plot and seedling update. Things look to be doing well and I will be back in on the next update to check progress :)

Until then thank you for the picture update very much appreciated!

All the best

Mark.

Cheers Mark, it will be nice if i get to watch the trees around the perimeter grow...1 season at a time ;)    Happy to say that my Dinafem beans arrived, 1st to start the diary and last to get beans...my f*** up though so many thanks for sorting it out.    Going to add never start a diary till you have the beans to my list of golden rules, its up there with give a plot a cheerful name :) (poor old bad juju and shallow grave ripped, RIP

Devil is in the details n all so various protection rackets are currently under way, knocking up some electric slug towers after few plastic pipes literally rolled up at my feet the other day.    Off the back of a lorry but its not stealing its just tidying up honest.    Thinking about makling some cages.       Stuffing dog hair in socks, even found an old box of party poppers that i am going to tripwire against those wabbits.     Thought i better make sure they work...1st one was a dud and second one made me jump lol.

Anyway bits and bobs of prep going on but no pics so here are some roots

large.58f0f89248583_1404-SBroots.JPG.ff9

Serious Bastards, seem just like 'real' plants :)     Couple of nice ones maybe, probably just the ikea effect but here they are head to head with some S6 (top row)

large.58f0f88b8ea9f_1404-S6vSB.JPG.c0bc8

Peace