Big Kush @ The House of Freax

Freax

I'll ask around the test team for you

There are some jobs that were made in heaven, this is one of them..... HOW DO I GET ON THE TEST TEAM?????

• Like 5

@@Dinafem-Mark Here we go Dude. A few pics i took last night to try and work out what phenos i have here. To my inexperienced eyes i might have the 3 phenos you mentioned. I may be wrong i might only have 2, but take a look and see what you think.

In the following pics i have numbered the girls so you can get a better idea of what plant youre looking at when you look at the leaf pics.

Group shot 1st.

gallery_75737_10963_33546.jpg

I have put the plant numbers in the following leaf pics aswell to try and make identification easier.

gallery_75737_10963_13823.jpg

To me this seems to have more of a Sativa look about it.

gallery_75737_10963_127804.jpg

More Indica looking i think. This is the plant that had the most problems with its roots starting off and still has the smallest root mass of the 5. This is also the plant that has shown the most vigorous growth and the 1 that showed its sex first. Out of the 3 i topped this is the 1 ive had to supercrop the most just to try and keep an even canopy in the tent.

gallery_75737_10963_45728.jpg

This 1 is again more Indica looking to me, looks very much like number 2.

gallery_75737_10963_62733.jpg

This looks like it could be a clone of number 1, with almost exactly the same leaf structure. So far this is the smallest of the 5 as you can see in the group shot.

gallery_75737_10963_8947.jpg

Not a great shot to help try and identify its lineage, but to me this looks like a cross of numbers 1 and 2. Its leaves are not quite as spiky and spindly as number 1 but not quite as short and fat as number 2.

Thats it for now guys. So until next time, take care, be safe, have fun! :v:

:rockon:

• Like 6

I'm saying 3 phenos mate. From the top pic

Plants 1-5 and 2-4 looks very close to each other and 3 different against? I'm on my tablet so not so good a pics.

They have sure come one mate. How long do you plan on veg?

All the best

D-M.

• Like 4

I'm saying 3 phenos mate. From the top pic

Plants 1-5 and 2-4 looks very close to each other and 3 different against? I'm on my tablet so not so good a pics.

They have sure come one mate. How long do you plan on veg?

All the best

D-M.

. :realcool:

I was thinking 3 from looking at them :thumsup:

Yes dude they have come along nicely. I was thinking that I'd have at least 1 more super cropping session, maybe push some tips back towards the center of the 3 plants that I've topped. They should take a few days to get over that, then start thinking about flipping them from there.

So, maybe a week or 2 more in veg then flip them before they get completely out of hand. Otherwise I'll be looking at knocking through the ceiling and putting the light in the bedroom. lol

• Like 2

Mark, any idea what the stretch is like with this Big Kush?

After taking a look at them just now I think if I left them veg another week or 2 I'd have to knock through into the bedroom. lol

So, I think I might super crop them tonight at lights on, give them a few days to recover then try something I don't normally do. I'm going to start reducing the lights on time over the period of a week from 18 to 12 hours, rather than just flipping straight to 12/12.

I've got a few mates who do this, just to try and ease them into flowering a bit more naturally and they constantly get great results.

Anybody else do this? Or am I just wasting time?

• Like 1

7pm..... the day has ended for me Bro while yours has just started. It's now 10pm here, and 11am for you mate. :upside:

As it's wednesday night here, I'll look up the winning numbers in the Lotto..... nip down the shop and get us a ticket for tonight's lottery..... we'll split it.

I dunno why I haven't thought of this before!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 3

7pm..... the day has ended for me Bro while yours has just started. It's now 10pm here, and 11am for you mate. :upside:

As it's wednesday night here, I'll look up the winning numbers in the Lotto..... nip down the shop and get us a ticket for tonight's lottery..... we'll split it.

I dunno why I haven't thought of this before!

What a fucking idea!

We need a plan, then well all be sorted. :rofl:

• Like 3

Being a new strain I would not like to say for sure but at a safe guess a 2x stretch is conceivable :). Critical can stretch so can og so I say play it safe on this first run.

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

I've started reducing the lights on time tonight by 1 hour and in a cpl of days I'll swap out the MH for the dual spec sodium.

From tomorrow I'm also going to start introducing bloom nutes to the mix. At the moment the nute solution is an EC of 1.0, so I'll add some water to the res and knock it back to 0.8 then add bloom to take it back to 1.0.

I'll repeat this process over the week it takes to reduce the lights on time to 12/12 . After that they will be on bloom nutes only and as soon as I see those little fluffy tops just exploding then I'll start adding Ionic boost too.:v:

• Like 3

This morning i looked in on the girls and decided to supercrop them again now before they go onto 12/12 at the end of the week.

So i took a cpl of pics. 1st is before supercropping.

gallery_75737_10963_137640.jpg

2nd is after supercropping.

gallery_75737_10963_34146.jpg

As Mark said the 2 strains behind the Big Kush are known to stretch a fair bit, so i might well have to supercrop them again before the end. Either that or tie them over like i had to with the Superglue during my last grow. She stretched like mad.

Thats it for now. Cheers for looking in. :v:

• Like 5

I've always had better response from the plants doing the reduced light cycle. I think 1hr each time over a 4 week period if verging for 8 works great. It can be done over 1-2 weeks with great results.

I have had less stretch by doing this tech also.

Did you say you have started to introduce bloom nutes now and when do you plan on being on 12/12?.

The plants look great after the supercropping bouncing back very well and helping keep a nice level even canopy :)

Nice job so far and nice update :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

I'm going to knock an hour off each day over 6 days, so in 5 days time I'll be on 12/12 as I started yesterday.

Bloom nutes I started to introduce today. I added 30L of water to the res which took the EC back to 0.8 from 1.0 then added 0.2 EC of bloom nutes to bring the EC back to 1.0. PH i set at 5.7 and I'll let it drift up as it wants to. The last grow I did it would always drift up to 6.0 then stay stable at that for days, but it seems that the Big Kush likes to be at 6.2 as that's where it keeps stopping at this grow and then remaining stable for a good few days.

I'm going to do this for 2 days then it's time for a res change. Then I'll go 50/50 grow and bloom for a few days before going to bloom nutes only.

Then it's time to wait for the first proper signs of them starting to flower before I start to add boost.

If I need to I'll super crop them again to help with height issues and this time I'm going to leave them get pretty much to the end of them stretching before I put in a net and lollipop them. Last time I put the net in too early and didn't have enough room to get in to tend to them properly so I ended up with a fair bit of fluffy stuff from the bottom of the plants.

I will give them a trim if needed, just to expose the bud sites to the light properly. Then, fingers crossed, it'll be time to sit back and enjoy he show. I love watching them form their flowers and how much they can change, sometimes even in the space of a few hours. :v:

• Like 3

Did a res change today. Upped the bloom nutes to 0.4 of the total and pushed the EC up to 1.2 today. Set the PH at 5.9 and will check it again later before the first feed.

Swapped the MH lamp for the new dual spec sodium and knocked another hour off the lights on time. Didnt do it yesterday so ill be reducing daytime over a 7 day period now not 6.

I also changed the feeding times to every 4 hours now instead of 3 as the plants looked to be overwatered this morning coming up to their last feed.

Thats all for now. :v:

• Like 2