Big Kush @ The House of Freax

Freax

Ok so i have 5 seedlings standing proud and coming on strong. :realcool:

All have tap roots coming from the bottom of the cubes, this is 3 days after i put them into the cubes so ive got a feeling these are gonna be strong girls. :thumsup:

Ive also treated myself today to a new Sunmaster 600w Digital/Dimmable ballast, a 600w MH lamp and a new 600w Dual spec HPS lamp. I want to try and get the best out of these babies so i thought the new kit would help.

I will also be adding Superthrive Multi-vits to my usual nute regime which is as follows, Ionic Hydro Grow/Bloom and Boost, Growth Tech Liquid Silicon and Green Planet Cal-Mag.

I have got a few pics of the seedlings which i will get up as soon as i can.

:rockon:

• Like 6

Ok so i have 5 seedlings standing proud and coming on strong. :realcool:

All have tap roots coming from the bottom of the cubes, this is 3 days after i put them into the cubes so ive got a feeling these are gonna be strong girls. :thumsup:

Ive also treated myself today to a new Sunmaster 600w Digital/Dimmable ballast, a 600w MH lamp and a new 600w Dual spec HPS lamp. I want to try and get the best out of these babies so i thought the new kit would help.

I will also be adding Superthrive Multi-vits to my usual nute regime which is as follows, Ionic Hydro Grow/Bloom and Boost, Growth Tech Liquid Silicon and Green Planet Cal-Mag.

I have got a few pics of the seedlings which i will get up as soon as i can.

You could not be giving our genetics a better start mate :) and 100% germination is always good to hear :bong:

All the best

D-M..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

I was tempted to go for these but fancied some CBD action. Like you I will also be treating mine to 600w of goodness.

Best of luck with them.

Edited by sy100276
  • Like 2

Right then guys, at last we have some pics for ya.

The first is the day they popped

gallery_75737_5152_411062.jpg

Then the tap root that they all had

gallery_75737_5152_115753.jpg

Then after i put them into my Aerogarden

They had stretched a little from being on the windowsill for a day or so before i got everything done.

gallery_75737_5152_180277.jpg

The wonderful Dinafem stickers i got with the seeds are now wrapping my baccy tin as you can see in the pics.

Anyway, the tent and F&D system have been stripped, washed and bleached ready for this grow after finding a bit of bud rot in some of the colas on my Wappa. Now i have to wash the new clay pebbles im using and get the system set up ready to go cos when they take hold in the Aerogarden the roots fly out of them cubes and hopefully they should be ready to go into the Alien sometime next week.

At the moment they are getting plain tap water with added Superthrive but i will probably add a very small amount of grow nutes before they get put into the Alien system, about 0.1/0.2 EC will do.

Anyway thats it for now guys, so until the next time, take it easy. :v:

• Like 6

Right then guys, at last we have some pics for ya.

The first is the day they popped

gallery_75737_5152_411062.jpg

Then the tap root that they all had

gallery_75737_5152_115753.jpg

Then after i put them into my Aerogarden

They had stretched a little from being on the windowsill for a day or so before i got everything done.

gallery_75737_5152_180277.jpg

The wonderful Dinafem stickers i got with the seeds are now wrapping my baccy tin as you can see in the pics.

Anyway, the tent and F&D system have been stripped, washed and bleached ready for this grow after finding a bit of bud rot in some of the colas on my Wappa. Now i have to wash the new clay pebbles im using and get the system set up ready to go cos when they take hold in the Aerogarden the roots fly out of them cubes and hopefully they should be ready to go into the Alien sometime next week.

At the moment they are getting plain tap water with added Superthrive but i will probably add a very small amount of grow nutes before they get put into the Alien system, about 0.1/0.2 EC will do.

Anyway thats it for now guys, so until the next time, take it easy. :v:

Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated :).. Things will really start to take off when they are in your alien system :)..

Good luck washing your clay lol

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated :).. Things will really start to take off when they are in your alien system :)..

Good luck washing your clay lol

All the best

D-M..

No worries dude, there will be plenty of pics to follow. :thumsup:

Washing the clay pebbles was much easier after filling the net pots and doing it 1 by 1, pots that is not pebbles. :rofl:

The babies were transferred into the Alien on the 24th after i had pump problems with the Aerogarden, i was so busy that day that i forgot to take pics of the roots as i put them into the net pots but they were already a good 3 inches long and apart from 1 which seems to have a bit of transplant stress they are all fine. I have them set to get fed every 8 hrs at the moment on a nute mix of Superthrive and EC 0.2 of Ionic Grow. With my current background EC 0.1 i am running an EC of 0.3 PH i set at 5.5 last night.

I have the 600w MH right at the top of the tent right now and towards the end of the week will be slowly starting to lower it over a week or so to a proper height above the plants.

I do have a cpl of pics of them in the now rejigged Alien sysytem and will get them up asap.

Cheers for looking in, till next time :v:

• Like 4

Lets get this started by saying big thanks to Dinafem for providing the seeds for this diary. :rockon::headbang::headbang::rockon:

Right now ive got 5 Big Kush seeds in Root Riot cubes which i put in yesterday. Some of them are already starting to show themselves today.

As it is at the moment ive got limited access to the internet so i will be updating this as and when i can, but it will be done at least once a week.

When theyve all put theyre heads up they will be transferred into my Aerogarden to get them ready for the Alien F&D system they will be going into. They will be grown under a 600w Dual Spec HPS and hopefully ill do them justice.

I will get some pics up when there is anything to take pics of, so until then, for those who have not been here before. let me wish you a warm welcome to The House of Freax. :v:

Same here m8 having internet problems bloke coming Thursday so b able to put pics up then cnt fkn wait using phone av moment an its shit good luck with your grow @@Freax m8 i ad a double header big-kush mad all the best,Chris.

• Like 2

Same here m8 having internet problems bloke coming Thursday so b able to put pics up then cnt fkn wait using phone av moment an its shit good luck with your grow @@Freax m8 i ad a double header big-kush mad all the best,Chris.

It must be something about September and twins lol as this is the 2nd this month :)..

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

After having a check last night I found all 5 have roots coming from the bottom of the net pots now so last night was the first night of their new nute regime.

So I flushed the tank and refilled with 100L of fresh water. My tap water EC has gone up again to 0.2, I added 0.2 EC of Cal Mag, GT Liquid Silicon at the rate of 2ml-10L and 0.2 EC Ionic grow nutes so with my background EC included I'm running at 0.6 EC.

I've lowered the lamp to around 2 foot above the plants now and they are loving it.

I'll get some more pics up this week, so until then. :v:

• Like 4

Best of luck with this new strain Bro, I'm sure you'll smash it!

You got any of that Superglue sitting around? I'll grab a seat! :skin_up:

• Like 2

Now that they are a bit older they will love the ec increase and the light source being closer is much better which should help reduce and unwanted stretch.

Thank you for the update

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

Right then now im back online i can update this diary properly.

First off a few pics.

This first one was taken on the 25th Sep after they had been put into the Alien.

gallery_75737_5152_87149.jpg

Then we have a few i took about 20 mins ago.

gallery_75737_5152_100599.jpg

As you can see they are getting bigger now, theyre loving the Metal Halide and seem to be coming on ok.

gallery_75737_5152_86388.jpg

After finding these patches and watching them get a little bit worse over the course of 2 days i decided to do a res change as i thought that it may be down to me giving them a bit too much too soon.

So i dumped the res give it a bit of a wash inside and refilled with a fresh 100L but this time i did not add any Cal-Mag or Silicon, ive only used Ionic Grow nutes, ive dropped the EC to 0.5 and the PH ive set at 5.9.

I did this yesterday and it looks like they are responding well to the changes i made when i looked in on them this morning. :)

Temp in the tent is not getting any higher than about 26.5C dropping to around 19C lights off.

Ive now set the timer to feed them every 6 hours and will probably need to adjust that again in a week or so as long as they keep coming on as they are.

Last pic is of some rootage, not all of them have roots that reach the very bottom of the pot yet but they do still have loads of smaller roots shooting out of the net pots.

gallery_75737_5152_55774.jpg

@@Freax

Tagging along for this sure fire success of a grow

I love your optimism dude, all i can say is ill do my best. :v:

Best of luck with this new strain Bro, I'm sure you'll smash it!

You got any of that Superglue sitting around? I'll grab a seat! :skin_up:

In the little cupboard above the fish tank dude, dig in bro. :v:

Cheers for looking in, til next time :v: :v:

• Like 6