Big Kush @ The House of Freax

Freax

Real nice m8 mine are 2wks on Friday cnt wait to get them in the gt100,dnt nw how long i.m gonna veg yet see how they go e.c,is 0.2,so time to up it a lil bit 0.4.something like that but all looking sweet m8 all the best .Chris.

• Like 2

Things look to be doing very well. Can I ask was the yellowing on just 1 or 2 plants or all?.. Good call on the res change and better to come in with a lighter feed, you can always add more :)

Nice update, thank you for the pictures

All the best

D-M.

E2a-How do you find the alien grow system?

Things look to be doing very well. Can I ask was the yellowing on just 1 or 2 plants or all?.. Good call on the res change and better to come in with a lighter feed, you can always add more :)

Nice update, thank you for the pictures

All the best

D-M.

E2a-How do you find the alien grow system?

It was only on 3 of them, some a little worse than others but it does seem to be getting a bit better.

This is the second time using the Alien now and so far it's spot on, reliable and straight forward to use. Also having the option to change the number of pots I can use is great, as is being able to pull them out 1 by 1 to tend to them.

The only real downside Ive found to using a flood and drain system is wasting so much water/nutes when doing a res change and the amount of pebbles needed for every grow. But I have saved a load of them from the last grow and I'll get them soaking in cannazyme or something similar soon to make sure any bits of organic matter get cleaned out before starting to use them again, then hopefully I'll have a cycle of clean pebbles going on for each grow without having to buy any for a while. :v:

• Like 3

It could be something to do with different phenos mate thats all I can think it can be. As they are being fed from the same reservoir as the rest with the same food. I would think now they are getting bigger they will settle in to the feeds..

Thank you for the update, much appreciated :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

It could be something to do with different phenos mate thats all I can think it can be. As they are being fed from the same reservoir as the rest with the same food. I would think now they are getting bigger they will settle in to the feeds..

Thats what i was thinking, this is why i backed off a little to see how they go. :v:

• Like 2

Right then, its update time.

The plants have picked up a bit now, the patches on the leaves are starting to clear up a bit and i now think i know what has caused them.

It seems that although each plant had a good 3 inch of root coming from its cube when i put them into the net pots, the fact that they were so immature meant that with the prolonged periods of dryness between feeds and the extra heat of the lamp drying things out further it was causing the roots to dry out before they had become established enough to endure the extreme form of air pruning they were going through. So the roots were starting to stretch from the bottom of the net pots nicely but then just drying out and withering away before they had reached half way down the depth of the pot.

3 of them managed to form enough decent roots to get to the bottom of the pots but 2 didnt, the 3 that did are now poking strong looking bright white roots out the bottom of the pots again whilst the smaller earlier roots that had a bit of trouble are looking a bit withered and worse for wear but are still going, so ill keep an eye on them and in a few weeks probably root prune them before the cause any unwanted root rot.

The other 2 i stood in large pot saucers full of nute solution and they picked right up, well enough for me to be able to place them back in their pots this morning. Again they had the same problem with their roots but are now throwing out strong bright white roots again.

This had me puzzled for a bit but after checking the roots and seeing how much they were drying out it made sense.

The 3 i left in the pots started looking a bit pale the other day also so i upped the EC.

So at the moment im running them at 0.7 EC, PH 5.9-6.0. Im planning a tank change later today so im going to start adding the Silicon again at a rate of 2ml per 10L which should hopefully help pick them a bit more. Ill also add a Half Dose of Cal-Mag to raise the EC by 0.1.

Anyway ive got a cpl of pics for ya, taken this morning.

You can still see some patches in this pic but they are improving.

gallery_75737_5152_279836.jpg

Then a cpl of group shots.

gallery_75737_5152_253805.jpg

gallery_75737_5152_36363.jpg

You can see which 3 i left in the pots by the line of pale yellowy green running diagonally across the tent, the 2 greener ones i had sat in the pot saucers until this morning.

So im hoping ive got past this problem now and that things will pick up quite quickly from here on in.

So until next time. :v:

:rockon:

Edited by Freax
  • Like 6

What a great update. I love when growers put so much details. It really helps those watching and gives a really good documented grow.

I would say the yellowing issue is now under control as the new growth looks lush :). I think it was a pheno thing.

Nice update mate very much appreciated :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark I try to get all the details in so it gives me a good reference if I start suffering the same problems again, I can always come back to this and see how I got things sorted out and hopefully it gives other growers a heads up on sorting things out if they suffer with the same issues.

I don't think it was a pheno thing. It was definitely a root problem.

But I do think that I have 2 phenotypes on the go here. The plant in the center of the pics is slightly different to the other four and has been since the start. Only time will tell. :v:

:rockon:

• Like 1

All my big kush have sprouted up a lot higher than the purple afghan a little shorter think the big kush are gone a be stretchers in flower ll put photos up 2 Moro

Mittons

Edited by Mittons
  • Like 2

Glad you got the issue sorted mate and yes time will tell on how many phenos :). Should be a good show mate :bong:

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1