Big Kush @ The House of Freax

Freax

@@teehee Gotta keep on top of things dude. lol

That Daquiri Lime sounds real tasty, but until you told me I hadn't heard of it. To be honest dude, I havnt had a look around for new strains for a while.

You're gonna end up as the DP Rep for Oz the way your smashing them autos from them dude. :rofl:

:rockon:

• Like 4

When you start to get a good root system do you then feed less or more mate?..

The Tempsford 18-20o is perfect for your nute reservoir.

Things look to be really kicking in. Should be in rapid veg very soon.

Thank you for the picture update much appreciated :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark

The last grow I did, which was the 1st time I'd used the Alien, I was feeding every 3-4 hrs starting off, but after a while they showed signs of over watering so I backed it off to every 5 or 6 hrs if I remember rightly. That was where it stayed then for the rest of the grow.

The only thing slowing them down now is the topping and super cropping, but as you said, they should fly up now. :thumsup:

• Like 2

I would think 4 x flood cycles per day should work well. I've not much experience with flood and drain/alien/iws type systems but have friends who swear by them :).

I'll be watching this with interest as the alien looks the best of these systems?, due to the larger piping?

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

I would think 4 x flood cycles per day should work well. I've not much experience with flood and drain/alien/iws type systems but have friends who swear by them :).

I'll be watching this with interest as the alien looks the best of these systems?, due to the larger piping?

All the best

D-M..

TBH Dude this is the 2nd time I've used the Alien and I really like it. I normally use a GT424 NFT system, which I love, I've had some great results with it.

The Aliens are really pricey for what they are, I got mine from a mate. It was brand new, unused, but the pipes had already been cut to length as it was an ex display model.

I got it for £350 which is £200 off retail price. Which TBH is the main reason I got it, plus I had the option of paying for it bit by bit and didn't have to find a lump sum to buy it.

The larger pipes are supposed to help stop problems with the roots blocking them up, they do recommend that you turn the pots a quarter turn every 2 wks to help stop this in the instructions.

After reading your post it reminded me that I had wanted to fit some kind of mesh inside the pots to further help with this. :doh: I did find after my last grow that there were still a good amount of roots that had grown down into the pipes, once I had put the net in I couldn't turn them anymore so the roots just got on with it then.

I've also thought about cutting the legs off some women's tights and securing them round the net pot so the roots grow into a mesh bag, which should help contain them and keep them in the pots, I've seen it done somewhere on here I think.

:v:

• Like 3

I've also thought about cutting the legs off some women's tights and securing them round the net pot so the roots grow into a mesh bag, which should help contain them and keep them in the pots, I've seen it done somewhere on here I think.

:v:

I thought it was just me that got off on the thought of a cannabis plant resplendent in the finest hosiery

What colour tights Bro?

Just wondering.....

Edited by teehee
  • Like 3

I thought it was just me that got off on the thought of a cannabis plant resplendent in the finest hosiery

What colour tights Bro?

Just wondering.....

Imagine,

All those roots being cradled in that fine mesh,

The tap root coiled in the bottom like a snake going to rob a fucking bank. :rofl:

I think it would have to be the naked tights dude, to show off those roots in all their glory.

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark Hey dude, I was just wondering how many phenotypes of the Big Kush you guys found when testing this little beauty?

Looking at mine I reckon I have 2 here.

I'll get some pics up later to see if you agree with me, but I defo think that I have 1 plant that seems to be more indica than the others, maybe 2. That's just going by how the leaf structure looks to me. The 2 mentioned have shorter fatter leaves than the others, 1 more than the other. So maybe I have 3 types not 2.

Are there any specific tell tale signs that could help me work out what I have here re phenos?

• Like 2

First super cropping this morning of the 2 plants that I hadn't topped. I only did the top tip of each plant and I also did the tallest tops of 2 that had been topped to try and keep things sort of level. While I was there I also trimmed a few of the older big fan leaves that were just getting in the way.

Whilst super cropping this morning I found that the plants that had been topped appeared to have much tougher stems than the plants that hadn't been topped. They were harder to crush between my fingers, they just felt as if there was much more substance to the inner structure of the stem.

Also all 5 of the girls have now shown sex with preflowers on all plants. :thumsup: Oddly, it was the plant that had the hardest time getting going and still has the smallest roots out of them all that showed first and has the biggest preflowers of them all.

• Like 4

Interesting to know that the strains that have been topped look to be more vigorous and tough and strange that the runt is showing pre-flowers before the rest,maybe she will turn out to be the best :)

Nice update mate will look forward to some pictures :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark Hey dude, I was just wondering how many phenotypes of the Big Kush you guys found when testing this little beauty?

Looking at mine I reckon I have 2 here.

I'll get some pics up later to see if you agree with me, but I defo think that I have 1 plant that seems to be more indica than the others, maybe 2. That's just going by how the leaf structure looks to me. The 2 mentioned have shorter fatter leaves than the others, 1 more than the other. So maybe I have 3 types not 2.

Are there any specific tell tale signs that could help me work out what I have here re phenos?

I have seen 3 phenos mate. 1 very indica dominant with very fat leaves. 1 more saliva with thinner leaves. The other was not 50/50 but 75/25 more on the indica side which I think is from the critical influence? , there could be more but I've only seen 3 mate. I'll ask around the test team for you :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2