Big Kush @ The House of Freax

Freax

It's well worth a read and makes you look at your plants differently when you go in to trim them the next time. :v:

Cheers Bro, I still say 'source' or 'sink' to myself when snipping away :geek:

Im more than happy with this grow and think it might be my best so far.

You're not wrong there man, textbook stuff! :clapping:

Cheers dude. A few others I've spoke to here have said the same, it will be interesting. I've also thought about maybe swapping them round for a cpl of weeks so each side sort of gets the same treatment. :v:

Do it, I reckon different spectrums do different things......... the sun hammers out huge amounts of each and every wavelength of light... sure we all know red light means more flowering, and blue means more veg, but I think that's a massive generalization.... in reality the plant needs different specific wavelengths of light for different things.

They dont just grow and flower, eg: they repair themselves, they have many stages in development and just as we know the plant needs different ratios of N, P and K during its development, the plant needs different ratios of frequencies (spectrums) during its development as well. :smartass:

Look at this info from Solis Tek, regarding when to use each of their range of lights.......

gallery_89266_10845_31910.jpg

gallery_89266_10845_11717.jpg

LEDs have specific wavelengths, rather than the spread produced by HPS and MH.... my Helios has LEDs with the following wavelengths: 440nm, 460nm, 610nm, 630nm and 660nm & IR

No light is gonna give you the perfect spectrum of light required to grow killer weed, but by rotating your LED and HPS, you're bound to be giving your plants a greater range of frequencies of light that you couldn't achieve using one type of light on its own...... I hope you get my drift, I'm so caned on TD :innocent:

Anyway matey, keep it up, and have a dig in the TD jar when you next pop round!

• Like 4

I was up this morning just after lights off, so i took the opportunity to get some more pics. :thumsup:

gallery_75737_10963_27145.jpg

gallery_75737_10963_350619.jpg

gallery_75737_10963_211395.jpg

gallery_75737_10963_261025.jpg

gallery_75737_10963_422555.jpg

Have to do a res change this afternoon and a bit of support work in the tent tonight, some of the branches are getting heavy now so i have to get creative with string later as i cant find half my bloody yo-yo's. :doh:

:v:

• Like 8

Ok, so I couldn't sleep last night and got up around 4am. So I decided to check my res after the change yesterday.

When I tested it the EC had risen to 1.7 and the PH had dropped by 0.1. So I added 20L of fresh water to the 150L in the tank and knocked it back down to EC 1.5 and through doing this raised the PH to 5.8.

I'll check this again this afternoon and hopefully it should be stable. :v:

:rockon:

E2A since the start of flowering, I've forgotten every time I've posted, to mention that I've had the ballast turned up to overdrive. So the girls have been getting a light boost since I saw fluffy tops coming.

Thought I'd get that in while I remember and I nearly forgot again, hence the edit. :rofl:

Edited by Freax
  • Like 2

Things are coming along very well mate and with the addition of the led this will make the end to this grow very interesting.

Can I ask how many watts are they on now mate total with the super lumen boost and led panel?

You will see these really start to fatten up now and the trichome production will go crazy :)

Should be a great finish to a great grow :)

Nice job and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

by the look of grow diaries anything with critical look like the c+ dominates all of them...those leaves are so typical critical:)too.

what do you guys think?

critical+ seems to be a masterpiece to me..gives the crosses great structure and beautiful bud formation...and i love those skinny leaves...simply beautiful

and now crossed with a good og...this is what you get!

am a bit envy @@Freax!

• Like 1

Looking spot on mate.

My BK's definitely need supporting as the buds get heavier.......great problem to have.

It most certainly is dude. :yep: Cheers

Things are coming along very well mate and with the addition of the led this will make the end to this grow very interesting.

Can I ask how many watts are they on now mate total with the super lumen boost and led panel?

You will see these really start to fatten up now and the trichome production will go crazy :)

Should be a great finish to a great grow :)

Nice job and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

Cheers Dude, theyve been an absolute pleasure to grow. :realcool: Cant wait for theses girls to put on a bit of weight. I think i can honestly say before the end. That this will be probably be my most successful grow to date and i already know where i can make improvements for the next one. :yep:

The LED is apparently 600w and the ballast is pushing the HPS to 660w. So if the LED is pushing a true 600w then thats a total of 1260w.

am a bit envy @@Freax!

Cheers Dude. But dont forget, if i can do it, anyone can.

:rockon:

• Like 3

So, I go into the tent last night and one of the girls is in trouble.

A couple of days ago I noticed a few of the fan leaves on the 1 plant had started yellowing. I thought that maybe it was down to the phenotype and the fact that they are now 5 weeks into 12/12.

So imagine my horror when I look in last night and her leaves had started to curl and twist, some had developed nasty looking discoloured patches, overall she looked real bad.

I then discover that she had blocked the pipe with her roots, the only 1 out of the 5 that has done it, all the rest are fine and are looking and smelling great.

There was a solid pellet of root matter about 3 inch long blocking the pipe, so I removed the blockage and hand watered her with a couple of litres of nutes from the flexi tank and left her to sit in that until the next flood cycle.

I didn't get a chance to look in on them again last night, so I'm hoping that she might have perked up a bit by the time lights come on tonight.

It would be a real shame to lose her now after coming this far, but if she does survive, I'm guessing that her yield will be affected.

Just gotta wait and see.

• Like 1

she will!:)

that is why i stopped growing in aero and go with coco..nothing to break nothing to block.the roots grew into the drain hole...:(

i used to trim the roots back a bit before put them into flower.

• Like 2

Fucking disaster :shock:

Tonight i found that my plants had not been fed since sometime last night. The fill pump had died. :fear: I know that they had at least 1 feed last night as i was in the tent when they had their first flood cycle.

So i opened the tent to find some very droopy, sick looking girls. It was when i lifted the net pot of 1 to have a look that i saw the roots had started drying out badly, which then made me check the pump which was fucked. :eek:

I hand watered the pots straight away and then went on the hunt for the water feature pump a mate had given me. The original pump was 3000L p/hr and the 1 that ive had to put in there is just over 2500L p/hr, which is doing the job but it means that the flood cycle is taking a bit longer to complete.

Really hoping that this is gonna work out after them coming on so well and looking so damn fine, only time will tell now and i can see me having a sleepless night just to make sure that its working out. :censored::censored::censored::censored:

• Like 2