'Frisian Duck'- A test grow.

cannybuzz

Hi @@JeremiahJump,yep they are feminized.

Hi @@Nocturnal_Haze,as far as I'm aware it's just normal cannabis mate. Mutated maybe but still cannabis. You can always contact Dutch Passion for a definitive answer. Starting to smell more now that they're close to finishing. But not enough that it would alert a non canna user to it's presence. I'll put up a smoke report before n' after a cure.atb.

• Like 1

yes, its definitely our favourite herb even though you could be forgiven for walking straight past it without noticing for much of its life.

It was done through selective breeding. Ducksfoot is one variety known for the weird leaf mutation, but actually there are others too. The tricky part is retaining the webbed leaf shape during the breeding process and keeping it through bloom.

The idea is to be able to offer the self sufficient grower the option to be able to grow something that many would fail to identify as cannabis. Blended in with other plants it would be difficult to spot in a garden, greenhouse or guerrilla plot.

Its something lots of customers have asked us for over the years, especially the outdoor and greenhouse growers.

But there are still a few weeks left to go, lets see how the rest of it goes. Hopefully it goes well :-)

• Like 4

......UPDATE.....

Hi 420's'

After all the good weather we've been having it's been a bit overcast round here today. No shots of the outdoor DFFD's but I grabbed these of the indoor ones.

They're so close to coming down. Monday for this Purple Pheno'. Checked the tric's today n' they're clear n' cloudy. Another three days should see it done just right. It's more Indica in appearance n' will come down at 9wks.

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(indoor)

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(Purple Pheno' indoor).

Gorgeous looking plant I reckon but then I'd be biased, lol.
This taller less pruple pheno' appears to have more of a Sativa side to her so I'm going to let her go to 10 wks.

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(green pheno' indoor)>

With two weeks to go I give my plants BAC bloom stim' n' Buddha Trees pk 9/18 for one week then flush n' they seem to love it. Putting on a lot of their bulk in these last two weeks. Can't wait to try 'em.lol.
....Happy Grows....
:)
  • Like 4

......UPDATE.....

Hi 420's'

After all the good weather we've been having it's been a bit overcast round here today. No shots of the outdoor DFFD's but I grabbed these of the indoor ones.

They're so close to coming down. Monday for this Purple Pheno'. Checked the tric's today n' they're clear n' cloudy. Another three days should see it done just right. It's more Indica in appearance n' will come down at 9wks.

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(indoor)

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(Purple Pheno' indoor).

Gorgeous looking plant I reckon but then I'd be biased, lol.
This taller less pruple pheno' appears to have more of a Sativa side to her so I'm going to let her go to 10 wks.

DP 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(green pheno' indoor)>

With two weeks to go I give my plants BAC bloom stim' n' Buddha Trees pk 9/18 for one week then flush n' they seem to love it. Putting on a lot of their bulk in these last two weeks. Can't wait to try 'em.lol.
....Happy Grows....
  • Like 6

....UPDATE.....

Hi All, The Purple pheno' came down Sunday afternoon. I managed to get a couple of pics of her before I trimmed off all the fan leaves n' gave her a light trim for a final shot of the purple budz. I took the plant outside where it just looks like some sort of bush.

Certainly doesn't look like the kind of pictures you sometimes see in local news reports. Not something I'd have given a second look until I became aware of this strain.
I'm not sure that the plant pictured would have grown with exactly the same structure outdoors but given all day light I shouldn't think it'd be that different. This absolutely purple pheno' has a completely different growth pattern to the other greener pheno' which is taller,more slender n' although still webbed more canna like in appearance.
I only managed to grab a handful of pics before the sun went in n' it was back inside for a final trim before I hung her on the lines.

Pretty n' pink looking here it's actually much darker. As I've said before,beetroot coloured. Has anyone spotted the massive boo boo I've made. Foiled my own plans?.....
I completely stripped the plant when I cropped it n' left nothing to RE VEG'......Argh!! Didn't even think about it til' I'd hung it on the line. Feckin' idiot. So it's back to the drawing board on that one.
The second indoor one comes down at the weekend n' the outdoor suburban garden plant,which is definitely the purple pheno' after all,looks the have a couple more weeks. @DutchPasionTony is right. I may be biased but underneath her stealth leaves she is pretty n' chunky. Pretty chunky n' hard to spot. I've a feeling that in the coming years there are gonna be plenty more biased folk about. lol. Wait til' you see the size of the cola on the taller one. Anyone remember those extra fat cans of Fosters? lol. lol.
.....Happy Grows....
  • Like 6

Hi Punta' mate,how are you? Good I hope. You're the first to say that P. I'm not sure when they'll go on sale but they're a definite goer in my eyes. :)

• Like 1

Hi @@RandyBoBandy,ta for the comp'. I cheated though didn't I.lol. Indoors with a near perfect enviro' has shown how the budz can get though so all good. I reckon the first greenhouse grow will truelly show their potential. I've a few more days til' the second indoor one comes down. It's green with purple undertones. Then it's all eyes on the outside one for me. How are yours looking? My purple outdoor that I thought was the green pheno' is starting to fatten up but I think has a couple of weeks to go still. Depends on the weather now. The aroma though not too strong is peppery I'd say. atb. :)

Hi @@JeremiahJump. Ta mate. I'm glad I got it finished so well. They're finishing early,mine n' Randy's, n' with the FrIsian Dew side should be pretty mould resistant. So I think they really could be a goer for the UK. In a week to ten days I'll be able to give an early smoke report on the purple pheno'. Just an idea of the buzz though. The taste will come with the cure. atb. :)

I'm gutted that I didn't get to re veg the purple one. Skinned up before trimming. Classic mistake.lol.lol.

• Like 1

Guest RandyBoBandy

How are yours looking?

not seen them since my last update on the previous page.. the buds was getting nice and chunky and we've had a nice amount of sun since so i reckon they should be looking pretty juicy now.. looking forward to seing them :) ill have a good sniff when i go lol looking forward to your smoke report!

• Like 2

Hi 420s,

Sun's out so a quick shot of a bud off the one in the garden.

Dutch Passion 'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.(Outdoor).

Lovely looking ain't she. Frosting up nicely. The tippy leaves are thick n' velvety. No real body to it yet. I'm not expecting solid nugz like indoors but it still feels that it has a way to go.

This weather's great for my first outdoor grow in too long. The forecast is good for the coming weeks too. Good good. :)
  • Like 4

....UPDATE....

Green Pheno' plant at 10wks. Day of the chop.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'. Green pheno'.

Taller n' more Canna looking,this one came in at aprox 120cm.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'. Greeen pheno'.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew' greeen pheno'.

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'. green pheno'.

She got to a good size indoors but outdoors is where she belongs. So again a quick pic out in the sun was called for.

As to whether or not she can grow budz like these outdoors we'll have to wait n' see over the next few seasons. I look forward to seeing the results of the many outdoor growers who are sure to have a go at this.
The purple pheno' has been hung on a line for a week so I snipped it off the stems. Lovely dark budz. :).

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew' purple pheno'.

It weighed in 2 grms short of 2oz. Put that down to me n' my lighting. Better growers will pull more. I'm gonna bung it in the jar n' burp it for a week before I do a proper smoke report but hey don't be silly. Of course I've had a taste. lol. A small bowl for the cropper n' a good buzz ensued. But patience let's give it a chance. In a week I'll have a sesh on it n' then I'll be able to tell you more.
Like the picture says;

DP-'Ducksfoot x Frisian Dew'.Cloudy Tric's at 10wks.

Hats off to Dutch Passion.
....Happy Grows....
Edited by cannybuzz
  • Like 6

Guest RandyBoBandy

very nice canny, looks awesome :D

i have a pic too... hope you dont mind, i have pics of the plant and bud but im fooked... been trimming plants all night so ill stick more pics up later if ok

gallery_32555_8509_7568.jpg

• Like 6